Which is the Highest pay Company for freshers (UG) in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ I always wanted to do a PG in whatever stream I go (I can also try my hand @PhD :))). So what exactly is the PG course of CSE?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
cynosure said:
^^ I always wanted to do a PG in whatever stream I go (I can also try my hand @PhD :))). So what exactly is the PG course of CSE?
PG is the primary reason I selected E.C.E. because it has relatively more options at PG level.

After UG in CSE you have many choices to go for.Get good scores in GATE to do whatever you like and have more options to choose from.Look for the courses and their requirements at universities websites like
www.du.ac.in Delhi university
www.ipu.ac.in IP university,Delhi

You can easily find others by googling.And please do tell us which course you liked after going through the sites.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
max_demon said:
What Should i do next ?

I am really confused about what to do next i m in 9th right now and tecchie boy ....What to do next?
great !!! still in 9th !!! slog it out and get into IIT Bombay !!! You will have great future !!!!!

and i completely agree with The Devil himself he is right !!!!!

if u want a good job Mtech or MS is a must Only BE will get u a Coder @ infy of tcs !!!!

i dont know abt what BE grads get in MS and GOOGLE...i think even they are coders !! just keeping fingers crossed so that if i get into 1 i can join without further studies ! or go for PG later after 1-2 years !

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
The_Devil_Himself said:
PG is the primary reason I selected E.C.E. because it has relatively more options at PG level.

After UG in CSE you have many choices to go for.Get good scores in GATE to do whatever you like and have more options to choose from.Look for the courses and their requirements at universities websites like
www.du.ac.in Delhi university
www.ipu.ac.in IP university,Delhi

You can easily find others by googling.And please do tell us which course you liked after going through the sites.

:p Instead of answering my question you gave me a query to solve :D.
Anyways will try searching and let you guys know.:)

I know only about Mtech in CSE. But if it exists or not, I dont know. But what exactly are they going to teach us in Mtech? More languages??

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
cynosure said:
:p Instead of answering my question you gave me a query to solve :D.
Anyways will try searching and let you guys know.

First of all I think you dont like languahes I dont know why.But ask anybody they will say that a programmer knows around 10 languages(covering almost all types) ant is proficient in atleast a couple of them.My proficient I mean they can really do wonderfull things with them.:)

I know only about Mtech in CSE. But if it exists or not, I dont know. But what exactly are they going to teach us in MTech? More languages??
MTech in CSE exists!!! Atleast I know this for sure cos my university(IP,Delhi) also conducts CSE dual degree(B.Tech+M.Tech) programmes.I don't know what do they teach in it maybe a specific application of languages like data interpretation.I am just guessing though.

Actually getting into a IIM is the dream of almost every engineering student but not only its risky but also the managerial jobs may not suit everybody(including me).

I remember my Botany teacher(he is my idol) once said"Beta wherever you go just give your best and you will be successful"

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
The_Devil_Himself said:
A programmer is kinda project leader,he\she is given a part(or something like that) of the software or solution(whatever).Now a programmer has many coders under him and he actually tells him exactly what to do.Bottomline:programmers have the oppurtunity to use their brains and actually influence the final product but coders just type some s*** everyday and then goes back to home to sleep.A coder is given a 'terminal' i.e. a monitor+keyboard+mouse connected to a shared server for processor and memory et al.I would rather take my PC there than work there on these dummies.Of course if you are talented and hard working you can too become a programmer but it will take years and I,personally dont think anyone can stay with an IT company for more than a few Years.

As far as salary difference is concerned there is a huge difference.A programmer can expect to get what 20-30 coders get combined together.

The difference is only that programmers are usually PG's(and higher) in their field which makes them highly specific to a particular job.

MY advise please please dont go for jobs after your ug's(give the tests incase you are not able to get through a good college for pg's) and work harder to get into a good college for your pg's.The salaries after our graduation is very tempting(BTW did I tell you some of our college students accepted offers of 1.8L/annum from TCS.And they were actually celebrating.duh).Salaries are more tempting cos of all the money and resources we have put in and you are now fed up of books and all But use your brains a PG will be worth the time and effort.
Thanx for the reply mate.Very well explained.:p But i am doing MCA from IGNOU whats the scope?:sad:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Looks like I am famous here.Just joking.I have done a lot of research as to what seems to be good and what is actually good for me so thats why I guess can tell a lot of things to you guys which nobody will tell you normally.

Hey MCA from IGNOU-regular or through correspondence?You can always go for MTech after that.But be prepared for highest levels of competition because of very few seats at PG level in India.A rough estimate In India no. of PG seats for a particular field is near about one tenth of UG seats for that field.SO its kinda tough.

Hey mods what about making this thread sticky.I think it will help a lot of us.

Last edited:

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
The highest pay is in the financial services industry, and not for credit card salespersons :p, for domestic positions you can expect starting pay in the range of 6-20 lacs p.a., however, the amounts quoted over 10 usually includes the monetized values of a bunch of perks like annual bonuses as well. A few examples include SEBI= 6.5, ICICI Sec=13, ARCIL=16 and ATKearney=18. The downside is that you have to be from the top few institutes.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
gaurav_indian said:
@ the devil I am doing MCA from IGNOU correspondence hi hai.

Man correspondance don't sound right to me.I hope you have a good understanding of your subjects.You can either go for a job after MCA but it wont be a high fly one but a simple regular It job.Or burn midnight oils and prepare for your PG entrance exams and do Mtech.

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
^^ I am interested in making my future in graphics and animation.Thats why i have started a course from MAAC.I am doing MCA just for a degree now.I know i would be going nowhere after doing MCA i will become just a coder.Whats your views on graphics and animations?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
gaurav_indian said:
^^ I am interested in making my future in graphics and animation.Thats why i have started a course from MAAC.I am doing MCA just for a degree now.I know i would be going nowhere after doing MCA i will become just a coder.Whats your views on graphics and animations?

First of all concentrate on your degree these MAAC's can't be your base.You have ti have a good degree.These can't be just addons but not the base of your carrer.

Graphics and animation-sounds interesting but very difficult to have a carrer in these fields in India.But it is expected to grow.Better days are going to come.If you are really into it then go for it but if you are doing it just a job then it's not a good idea as of now.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
The_Devil_Himself said:
First of all concentrate on your degree these MAAC's can't be your base.You have ti have a good degree.These can't be just addons but not the base of your carrer.

Graphics and animation-sounds interesting but very difficult to have a carrer in these fields in India.But it is expected to grow.Better days are going to come.If you are really into it then go for it but if you are doing it just a job then it's not a good idea as of now.
Yaar i am into graphics and animation.And its way better than becoming a coder.I am good at coding also but my interest is in gfx.It's scope will increase in India.:p

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Told you mate this industry is bound to grow but it may take years.One of my friend is also into it inspite of the fact he is a great programmer.If you are really into it then go for it BUT do your MCA too in case you want to change directions in later stages of your career.Keep your doors open thats it.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
The_Devil_Himself said:
Told you mate this industry is bound to grow but it may take years.One of my friend is also into it inspite of the fact he is a great programmer.If you are really into it then go for it BUT do your MCA too in case you want to change directions in later stages of your career.Keep your doors open thats it.
Yeah lol thats why i am doing MCA.So that i can secure myself in the future.:p Thanx for your suggestions and help.

Edburg

In the zone
guys can u suggest which one is better ?
Being a software engineer or a network engineer ?

I was selected thruogh placements in a software job but i am interested in networks more...although i can do both without any probs

Now some say that career growth and scope in netowrks field is not that good compared to software.....others say the opposite.....i cant make up my mind which way to go now.....

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Edburg said:
guys can u suggest which one is better ?
Being a software engineer or a network engineer ?

I was selected thruogh placements in a software job but i am interested in networks more...although i can do both without any probs

Now some say that career growth and scope in netowrks field is not that good compared to software.....others say the opposite.....i cant make up my mind which way to go now.....

Thats good you got selected in both now you have a choice.As far as the choice goes purely your decision.I would have chosen software maybe I am biased cos I love programming.

Edburg

In the zone
i want to climb up the ladder quickly...in terms of pay package:D
i am willing to learn continuously in my career which is a must in n/w industry.....and i have heard s/w field is monotonous and highly stressful....can cope up with it but still.....

Among my seniors very few(1) have gone into network industry but their starting pay package is higher than software counterparts........still cannot decide which one to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom