Which is the Best Unlimited Broadband in Delhi for Rs 1K ?

hitesh

In the zone
You can try these guys as well - DenBoomband 5 mbps, 15 GB – Rs 599

Don't get any plan with 15gb limit. Post FUP speed is 128kbps.

For 30 gb limit, post-fup speed is 1mbps and similarly for 50/100gb limit, it is 2mbps. Get atleast one of these

EDIT : I'm getting a demo for den boomband. Lets see how it goes. (5mbps for 5days; they took 500rs in security which will be returned after the demo if you don't opt for den)

Last edited:

Hrishi

A serious piece of advice for those living nearby east delhi - Don't opt for Pacenet at any cost. They don't charge you installation fees and give good local peering , but besides that the customer service is one of the worst kind along with stability and uptime.
Too many packet drops , incosistent speed , 75% downtime during weekends and couple of hours of outage almost every day. One of the worst ISPs I have ever seen.

I am now going for ANI network. I will let you know how it goes.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
A serious piece of advice for those living nearby east delhi - Don't opt for Pacenet at any cost. They don't charge you installation fees and give good local peering , but besides that the customer service is one of the worst kind along with stability and uptime.
Too many packet drops , incosistent speed , 75% downtime during weekends and couple of hours of outage almost every day. One of the worst ISPs I have ever seen.

I am now going for ANI network. I will let you know how it goes.
Do post Speedtest of that

A few months ago you were boasting about your free unlimited 100mbps glitched speed

needanisp

Right off the assembly line
Don't get any plan with 15gb limit. Post FUP speed is 128kbps.

For 30 gb limit, post-fup speed is 1mbps and similarly for 50/100gb limit, it is 2mbps. Get atleast one of these

EDIT : I'm getting a demo for den boomband. Lets see how it goes. (5mbps for 5days; they took 500rs in security which will be returned after the demo if you don't opt for den)

You using Den then? Sounds horrible from their FB page lol - but they have really good plans. Do tell if it works well for you though.

Hathway seems to be working well for a couple of friends but what about Spectranet? Is anyone using their unlimited 20mbps/50mbps plans? Sounds really dodgy considering it is quarterly. What ISP would be best, hathway, den or spectranet? The others seem terrible :D

Hrishi

The problem with cable wala ISPs is the horrible speed drops during weekends due to increased load.
This also increases latency significantly.
I am using ANi broadband, 1.5Mbps wothout any fup or limits on bandwidth. It costs me 750inr pm.
I get variable speeds. In morning it reaches 20mbps , and at load times it drops to 200-500kbps also.
On a side note , I always get 16mbps constant speed from any google servers. ( youtube 1080p , Google playstore contents downloads at 10-15mbps )
Torrent cache as well.
Connection is pretty stable , at least packet drops have not been noticed yet besides the speed drop during load times )

needanisp

Right off the assembly line
The problem with cable wala ISPs is the horrible speed drops during weekends due to increased load.
This also increases latency significantly.
I am using ANi broadband, 1.5Mbps wothout any fup or limits on bandwidth. It costs me 750inr pm.
I get variable speeds. In morning it reaches 20mbps , and at load times it drops to 200-500kbps also.
On a side note , I always get 16mbps constant speed from any google servers. ( youtube 1080p , Google playstore contents downloads at 10-15mbps )
Torrent cache as well.
Connection is pretty stable , at least packet drops have not been noticed yet besides the speed drop during load times )

Anything other than MTNL/Airtel seems to be like this. I've heard Hathway is also giving very variable speeds, and Den/Spectranet are the same too but alongside have CONSTANT disconnections. I'm a heavy user (~50gb+ per month usage) + gaming, and disconnections are really unwelcome right now. I can't decide between all these fiber ISPs, seems like every single one of them is terrible. Den, Spectranet, Siti, Nextra, and now as you say even Ani. Thinking of going with Hathway, if they don't have this disconnection problem...

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Anything other than MTNL/Airtel seems to be like this. I've heard Hathway is also giving very variable speeds, and Den/Spectranet are the same too but alongside have CONSTANT disconnections. I'm a heavy user (~50gb+ per month usage) + gaming, and disconnections are really unwelcome right now. I can't decide between all these fiber ISPs, seems like every single one of them is terrible. Den, Spectranet, Siti, Nextra, and now as you say even Ani. Thinking of going with Hathway, if they don't have this disconnection problem...
That's why I still stick to mtnl. If you have a clear line with good snr values and low line attenuation you will have almost zero disconnections. I rarely get packet drops on bf3/4 (once in 10 times u can say). and constant speed

isaac12345

Journeyman
You using Den then? Sounds horrible from their FB page lol - but they have really good plans. Do tell if it works well for you though.

Hathway seems to be working well for a couple of friends but what about Spectranet? Is anyone using their unlimited 20mbps/50mbps plans? Sounds really dodgy considering it is quarterly. What ISP would be best, hathway, den or spectranet? The others seem terrible :D

I'm using Den near Moti Nagar and its been pretty good so far. 20mbps for 50GB @ Rs1460, 2mbps afterwards. Have had a few minor hiccups here and there but wouldn't complain. What you should do is find some small shops that rely on home internet connections to provide their services and ask them as their business depends on the reliability of the service provider.

hitesh

In the zone
Using Den for 2days now (5mbps till 30gb and 1mbps after; Dilshad Garden) and it is working great so far. Bad news for any CSGO player though, ping to singapore server is very high, 250ms minimum

MTNL offers the cheapest rates with unlimited plans. If the line is clear (which it is when they install it for the first time), then you should have no problem. I have it for the last one year and only suffered once (for one/two weeks, suffered constant disconnections due to line disturbance) when the monsoon hit. Kept logging complaints, but the mtnl people are really sloppy. They would mark your complaint as resolved without even attending to it. I kept logging everyday till they finally fixed it and my net has absolutely zero packet drops and has never disconnected. Mind you i live in Mehrauli, where the wires are all messed up and the streets are clogged with all sorts of crap. If i can get an MTNL service this good in this area, then it must pretty good in all the other areas.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I have been using MTNL from almost the time i was born(first the landline, then came the cell network, broadband and then wifi).. You can undoubtedly go for MTNL as far as the broadband/wifi service is concerned(though there default MoDem is really bad, you'l probably have to buy a decent router if you live in a place which has anething more than two rooms) but the customer service is really sloppy..
I have been using the TriB UL data-999 plan for over half a year now and it gives a decent 105-110 Kbps download speed at anytime of the day with pins of about sub 100.. One of the best plans i can suggest you in Delhi going by my experience..

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
MTNL offers the cheapest rates with unlimited plans. If the line is clear (which it is when they install it for the first time), then you should have no problem. I have it for the last one year and only suffered once (for one/two weeks, suffered constant disconnections due to line disturbance) when the monsoon hit. Kept logging complaints, but the mtnl people are really sloppy. They would mark your complaint as resolved without even attending to it. I kept logging everyday till they finally fixed it and my net has absolutely zero packet drops and has never disconnected. Mind you i live in Mehrauli, where the wires are all messed up and the streets are clogged with all sorts of crap. If i can get an MTNL service this good in this area, then it must pretty good in all the other areas.
+1 to this

hitesh

In the zone
Bad news for any CSGO player though, ping to singapore server is very high, 250ms minimum

I was wrong about this. It was a temporary issue at the time and I concluded on that.
Pings are really awesome. 20 average (lowest was 13 !) on Indian server and 80 on Singapore server.
Also Den's customer has been quite satisfactory so far. Much better experience than MTNL, would recommend.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
I was wrong about this. It was a temporary issue at the time and I concluded on that.
Pings are really awesome. 20 average (lowest was 13 !) on Indian server and 80 on Singapore server.
Also Den's customer has been quite satisfactory so far. Much better experience than MTNL, would recommend.
Dunno but my ping to Singapore has increased from 90-120 to 300ms :(
But Indian MM servers have the best ping (25-40ms)

isaac12345

Journeyman

Nice! Was the issue from Den's side? if so, how did they resolve it?

terminal

Broken In
Well i contacted Excitel and they are saying service is not available in my area.:cry: :cry:
Already hathway, DEN, Spectranet including tikona denied by saying they are not providing service in central Delhi yet :cry::cry: . I'm afraid i might stuck with mtnl for 2 more years :cry::cry:
Anyone know about Indigital cable broadband connection in Delhi ?

Top Bottom