Which is the Best Unlimited Broadband in Delhi for Rs 1K ?

Piyush

Lanaya
I upgraded my plan to 1 Mbps UL NO FUP for 2400 (3 months)
my results

DELHI
*www.speedtest.net/result/3550903731.png

Bangalore
*www.speedtest.net/result/3550907637.png

Singapore (since I play Dota2 on this server)
*www.speedtest.net/result/3550911064.png

- - - Updated - - -

Upload speed is negligible

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
finally seeing someone else with ANI too... :doublethumb:

I am paying Rs 1000 for 1 Mbps plan. Gives me good stable speed and double speeds sometimes in torrents due to Local peers. The only problem that I have faced are these:
1. Login based like it was for Pacenet, so every-time electricity goes for more than 15 min, I have to relogin. I am thinking about writing a script to automate the login process in router.
2. Internet depends on electricity. So when electricity goes, I can't connect the router to UPS and browse internet on my phone. Since the connectivity goes too. Is that the case with you too?

ratul

█████████████████
I am paying Rs 1000 for 1 Mbps plan. Gives me good stable speed and double speeds sometimes in torrents due to Local peers. The only problem that I have faced are these:
1. Login based like it was for Pacenet, so every-time electricity goes for more than 15 min, I have to relogin. I am thinking about writing a script to automate the login process in router.
2. Internet depends on electricity. So when electricity goes, I can't connect the router to UPS and browse internet on my phone. Since the connectivity goes too. Is that the case with you too?

I am happy with ANI, my dad paid about 6000rs for a year's subscription, 1Mbps at day, 2Mbps at night, 21mbps in torrent shared peering, pings are generally good, and if there's a problem, then the office is just 2 mins. walk from my home, so complaints usually get solved on the spot or within few hrs.. :)

Yeah you'd need to login even if there's 5 min. disconnection from the internet, but internet continues to run when electricity goes.. :-?

Vikram245

Right off the assembly line
There is no that plan of year with 1Mbps in site

I am happy with ANI, my dad paid about 6000rs for a year's subscription, 1Mbps at day, 2Mbps at night, 21mbps in torrent shared peering, pings are generally good, and if there's a problem, then the office is just 2 mins. walk from my home, so complaints usually get solved on the spot or within few hrs.. :)

Yeah you'd need to login even if there's 5 min. disconnection from the internet, but internet continues to run when electricity goes.. :-?

ratul

█████████████████
There is no that plan of year with 1Mbps in site

Well then i think he was generous, he told us that as we were old customers (since 2009), 1yr plan would cost us about 6000, which was actually 768kbps plan back then in october last year, since Jan2014, that plan automatically upgraded to 1mbps day/2mbps night plan.. :)

*i.imgur.com/DeC2fqp.png

*www.speedtest.net/result/3565550642.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Rs 6k yearly comes to around Rs 500 monthly. That is a good plan for you!

Anyway, I get 1 Mbps in day and also in night.
But I don't get much speeds in torrents through peers. The most I have got is around 350 kBps which is 2.8 mbps. Can you tell if I need to do some setting in router or something to get amazing speed of 21 mbps on shared peering! :shock:

ratul

█████████████████
Rs 6k yearly comes to around Rs 500 monthly. That is a good plan for you!

Anyway, I get 1 Mbps in day and also in night.
But I don't get much speeds in torrents through peers. The most I have got is around 350 kBps which is 2.8 mbps. Can you tell if I need to do some setting in router or something to get amazing speed of 21 mbps on shared peering! :shock:

well i don't think it depends on any settings on router unless your router is itself limiting the outgoing bandwidth.. :p
Nothing we can do about it, it is set by the ISP only.. :-?

*i.imgur.com/7FZYLAe.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Or probably the speeds from local peers depends on actually how many peers are seeding the particular torrent which I am downloading.
I would of course not receive more than cumulative bandwidth of all the outgoing bandwidth of peers who are sharing the data, can I? Does that makes sense?

For eg, currently I am getting only 2 peers for a particular torrent, each giving me ~124 kBps.

Well, if that's the case I can probably come to conclusion only after using some more popular torrents.

ratul

█████████████████
^^ Or probably the speeds from local peers depends on actually how many peers are seeding the particular torrent which I am downloading.
I would of course not receive more than cumulative bandwidth of all the outgoing bandwidth of peers who are sharing the data, can I? Does that makes sense?

For eg, currently I am getting only 2 peers for a particular torrent, each giving me ~124 kBps.

Well, if that's the case I can probably come to conclusion only after using some more popular torrents.

it doesn't depend on the number of seeders, but actually how much seeders are uploading, for example even if you are connected to one seeder, but he is uploading at a speed >= your download speed, then you can actually have a very good download speed, but if that seeder has limited the upload bandwidth to say 2KBps, then you won't get speeds >2KBps unless you are connected to other seeders.. :)

You can try downloading some more torrents, see if it increases.. :)

Vikram245

Can you give me contact number of that.

well i don't think it depends on any settings on router unless your router is itself limiting the outgoing bandwidth.. :p
Nothing we can do about it, it is set by the ISP only.. :-?

*i.imgur.com/7FZYLAe.png

Anyone using InitiaBroadband 1 Mbps plan?

linthum

Guyzz i'm it's my first post to this thread. Since 3 days i've been following this thread. I reside in NorthWest Delhi -85. I've never used broadband earlier in delhi. Previously, I was on MTS 999 FUP 20GB plan. Earlier, I was the only consumer of WWW in my family. Now i've trained every family member to be the part of WWW. Said that, I'm planning on Hathway or Ani Networks under 1K plan. Hathway is lil cheap at 2100(site says so..)/2400 binding for 3 months. I've called Hathway 15'min back, sales executive is yet to reply soon.. What you guyz do suggest ? Should I go for Hathway? I haven't tested em... therefore 3months binding is holding me. Howz ani btw?

Piyush

Lanaya
Guyzz i'm it's my first post to this thread. Since 3 days i've been following this thread. I reside in NorthWest Delhi -85. I've never used broadband earlier in delhi. Previously, I was on MTS 999 FUP 20GB plan. Earlier, I was the only consumer of WWW in my family. Now i've trained every family member to be the part of WWW. Said that, I'm planning on Hathway or Ani Networks under 1K plan. Hathway is lil cheap at 2100(site says so..)/2400 binding for 3 months. I've called Hathway 15'min back, sales executive is yet to reply soon.. What you guyz do suggest ? Should I go for Hathway? I haven't tested em... therefore 3months binding is holding me. Howz ani btw?

Using Hathway. Plan is 1Mbps UL no FUP. Rs 2360 for 3 months. Upload speed is not good. Rest is ok.

linthum

Using Hathway. Plan is 1Mbps UL no FUP. Rs 2360 for 3 months. Upload speed is not good. Rest is ok.
Great. Very feasible at 2360. By 'rest' you mean how frequent is downtime in a month? I have some doubts:

- Is it login based? Or Always on
- what is the installation charge? and Do they provide modem like MTNL folks?

Piyush

Lanaya
Great. Very feasible at 2360. By 'rest' you mean how frequent is downtime in a month? I have some doubts:

- Is it login based? Or Always on
- what is the installation charge? and Do they provide modem like MTNL folks?
Downtime occurs only when they are doing something with wires and stuff.
Login based.
These days they are providing free installation if user applies for 3/6/12 months package. Still you gotta ask them .Modem is Cisco based. Ask them to give Cisco DPQ2160.

linthum

Downtime occurs only when they are doing something with wires and stuff.
Login based.
These days they are providing free installation if user applies for 3/6/12 months package. Still you gotta ask them .Modem is Cisco based. Ask them to give Cisco DPQ2160.

Aah okay. Still better than what I have heard about and experiences of ppl with state isps'. Piyush does it get auto disconnected if the downloading stuff is happening? like on utrorrent/idm.

- And yes howz the youtube buffering piyush.. i'm a heavy consumer of youtube.
- Okzz. I will ask for that modem. Do I have to pay extra for that? or is it included in pre-installation charges..
- Dude, sales executive might call tomorrow AFAIK. So that means.. they come to my home for demo? or what is the scene like..

Piyush

Lanaya
Aah okay. Still better than what I have heard about and experiences of ppl with state isps'. Piyush does it get auto disconnected if the downloading stuff is happening? like on utrorrent/idm.

- And yes howz the youtube buffering piyush.. i'm a heavy consumer of youtube.
- Okzz. I will ask for that modem. Do I have to pay extra for that? or is it included in pre-installation charges..
- Dude, sales executive might call tomorrow AFAIK. So that means.. they come to my home for demo? or what is the scene like..

--Suppose you logged in at 7 AM. And you are downloading something for continuously without shutdown/logging out. Then the ISP will automatically logout your system at 7 PM.
Meanwhile, if you turned off your PC for like half-one hour, it will logout itself. Then, your ISP will not log out your PC at 7 PM because it already did happen sometime in the noon. So thats that.

--Youtube 360p-480p without waiting. I mostly use internet over wifi at home, so I have to watch it at 360p if I want it without any pauses.

--No extra charges. Just tell them that old modem is problematic since many of your friends have already faced issues with old one.

--Let them do their part. They are coming to check the feasibility and all. Dont be afraid of asking many questions to them.

linthum

--Suppose you logged in at 7 AM. And you are downloading something for continuously without shutdown/logging out. Then the ISP will automatically logout your system at 7 PM.
Meanwhile, if you turned off your PC for like half-one hour, it will logout itself. Then, your ISP will not log out your PC at 7 PM because it already did happen sometime in the noon. So thats that.

--Youtube 360p-480p without waiting. I mostly use internet over wifi at home, so I have to watch it at 360p if I want it without any pauses.

--No extra charges. Just tell them that old modem is problematic since many of your friends have already faced issues with old one.

--Let them do their part. They are coming to check the feasibility and all. Dont be afraid of asking many questions to them.

This is great piyush bro for tonne of information. I'll make sure I get the cisco wala modem.
-- I think 360p/480p is enuf for me. 480p without pause should be a deal breaker.
-- What does the old modem look like? is it same from cisco?

After a great great time of research I will go with hathway. Will soon post speed test results for NorthWest yay!.

Dude, one more doubt :p. Since i'm moving on from 3G dongle to broadband, can you weigh out 2-3 pros and cons you think broadband has over 3g dongle? Yes, I know we can carry 3G anywhere, I mean yes both are for providing internet, I just need some technical stuff if you know or have used dongle ever(I'm sure you must have)

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Old modem heats up quickly and needs frequent restarts in order to make it work. Thats all I remember.
480p will be somewhat hard to achieve, since youtube is famous for its weird buffering phase issues. Its like 70% 360p 30% 480p in my case.

Dont know much regarding that 3G dongle vs broadband differences since I havent used 3G dongle at all as of now.

Finally I hope your area have decent population of Hathway users. That way you will enjoy flawless service. Otherwise, you will end up spending 100 Rs per month on calling Hathway customer care so as to fix your net issue. (Yea, Hathway CC number isnt toll free )

linthum

Old modem heats up quickly and needs frequent restarts in order to make it work. Thats all I remember.

I'll make sure to get new modem. I don't know many people around here. I got very few friends. Among them some have hathway cable tv/airtel tv and one of em has broadband. He suggested me hathway. I'll ask the service person he should know if there are users around.

Top Bottom