Which company's Blank DVD is best ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No K3B either, I am using GNOME. Compiling whole of kdelibs and everything will take like 2 days :p
Ahh I forgot hdparm, I will have to remember it well now. The firmware version is BCDC.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. As i thought.. Its BCDC.. The latest firmware is BCIC.. Flash to that.. But im afraid, i couldnt find anything on flashing from linux :(

mehulved

kalpik said:
Hmm.. As i thought.. Its BCDC.. The latest firmware is BCIC.. Flash to that.. But im afraid, i couldnt find anything on flashing from linux :(
How to flash then? I am not gonna install windows.

kalpik

^^ You should have flashed when you installed vista :p Hehe.. Anyway, try and flash it at a friend's place who has windows.. Or send it to me, ill flash it for you :D

mehulved

kalpik said:
^^ You should have flashed when you installed vista :p Hehe.. Anyway, try and flash it at a friend's place who has windows.. Or send it to me, ill flash it for you :D
none of the options seem viable for now.
I have one idea. Send me your PC.

manmay

Journeyman
earlier in this thread....i read that ppl have bought sony 16x dvd accocore etc for 20-23 per piece....well...3-4 months back , me and my friends bought sony dvds for 19 per piece.....initially we all merged our requirements and bought the dvds in bulk .....otherwise it would have costs us 20 per piece normally.....

i stay in surat.....and i used to guess that rates must be even lower in places like mumbai and blore....

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Yes.. manmay.. I too get Sony Accucore DVDs for 20/- a piece. Not in bulk. But mayb 3-6 @ a time.

kalpik

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
No offence but it seems odd when Moderator himself is going offtopic :D
Cant moderators have some fun? :D Its ok.. I think we owe them this much dont we? :) Bechaare din bhar itna kaam karte hain! They deserve to have some fun :)

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I get imation DVD for 15 bucks a piece. I download around 3.5GB per day. I'm in a fix whether to get that DVD or not. If I buy local DVDs for 10 bucks a piece, will it last for more than 1 year if I use it rarely, say 6 readings a year? Any suggestions are welcome.

mehulved

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
No offence but it seems odd when Moderator himself is going offtopic :D
We are as humans as all of you'll. We aren't some special breed. And we aren't some 40 year old, who're averse to humour. We're all 20 something people and need our share of jokes and fun, too. But, since we've volunteered as moderators we need to maintain some amount of discpline too.
And nowhere is in this forum there's a rule that no humour is allowed, it's OK in small quantities.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Bro Phenom.
I have a LiteOn too(1633s@1653s). Got a set of 50 Writex 16X DVD(-)R for Rs. 650.
Never had a coaster. Gr8 write quality at an affordable price.
Tested with Nero and Kprobe. (Only a few spikes in the beginning)
Don't buy Sony. They are bought only by the naive who go by the brand name (Original Sony's are good though) and the markets are full of duplicates, So good luck in getting an original sony. For your money, writex is a good compromise.
Anything cheaper than writex, use them for temporary data and not for archiving (didn't test though).
btw, I hear Writex is just another front of MoserBaer Inc. :D

kalpik

^^ Yes Writex and MoserBaer use the same die.. They have the same MIDs too.. :)

Last edited:

manmay

Journeyman
how come you guys have had such a gr8 experience with writex......last yr when i bought my dvd writer....the first dvds that i bought were of writex.....out of 25 i had 2 coasters.....but more than that, these dvds were not reliable ... in the sense that after 4-5 months the dvds started giving problems .... while moserbaer dvds which i had burned during the same period are still working fine except 1 or 2......i've had the best experience with sony....

back then i bought 25 dvd writex for 15 each....now i pay 19 each per dvd for sony....but i feel it totally worth the extra cash....

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Suppose i write some motherboard drivers on a Moser bear DVD and read them once in a Month.
For how much time wud the DVD will live long??

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
manmay said:
how come you guys have had such a gr8 experience with writex......
Write quality also depends on the DVD-writer.
Some burners are picky, whereas you can feed some almost anything.
All burners have firmware optimized for certain media to write at a particular speed with some particular write strategy (CAV, PCAV etc.).

Kniwor

Learner
ok, I have tried many cheap DVD's ther Rs 12/- ones... a lot of them, ran tests and used a lot of them finally I found out that "Lasertras" DVD's are the best among the cheap ones. They have a great quality, much superior to other cheap DVD's "much" superior I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom