Which company's Blank DVD is best ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
since we're on this topic. Why don't the writex DVD's work on my drive? I bought a pack of 10 DVD's, out of which I have tried 4 of them. None of them got written. If I write the same data on another company's DVD, it works fine.
The same DVD's work for kalpik, qwerty and other who have the same DVD writer as me, benq 1650.

OP
~Phenom~

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^donno the sol of ur problem but can u tell me at what price u bought this 10 DVD pack ?? Its available for 200 rupees here.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Yeah, I too got it for around the same price. Don't remember the exact price now. They're just lying in my desk, uselessly.

anispace

dattebayo
ambandla said:
My suggestion:

Never ever burn your photo collection or something that should last years on cheap DVD's. The layer on cheap DVD's is of low quality and it will degrade as months go on (not years). Always burn your precious collection on high quality DVD's. not even sony or moser baer. use TDK/Kodak high end DVD's for this task. They are costly but the data is priceless

To burn softwares and not-so-precious data, normal quality (sony/moserbaer) is enough.

For data that you don't need by this time next year, use low quality DVD's.

yah but where do u find TDK/Kodak/Verbatim in India:confused: :confused:

use nero infotool

Last edited:

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
@ ~Phenom~
As I can remember, u have 512 MB RAM so u can easily burn a DVD with listening music. Both process can also run simultaneously at 256 MB RAM, so u will not face any prob.

goobimama

 Macboy
I had some problems writing BenQ CDs on a BenQ CD writer. Only BenQ wouldn't write. Also had a problem with Sony CDs not writing though on an Iomega drive...

n2casey

goobimama said:
I had some problems writing BenQ CDs on a BenQ CD writer. Only BenQ wouldn't write. Also had a problem with Sony CDs not writing though on an Iomega drive...
Try upgrading firmware, it might help u.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^^ Those were the days of CD writers. Now if something happens to my writer, I've got three years replacement warranty...woohoo!

n2casey

tech_your_future said:
no nero, can't install it either.
No, he is not saying that Nero Info tool will install firmware, he is saying that use Nero Info Tool to identify the firmware version.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
goobimama said:
^^^ Those were the days of CD writers. Now if something happens to my writer, I've got three years replacement warranty...woohoo!

i have sony dvd-writer

i purchased it 6months ago

so do i have got also 3 year warranty..
how to verify as my vendor said for 1 year...

also what will be price of TDK or kodak dvds

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Mehul, you have K3B? Then goto settings -> configure K3B -> devices.. There it would list your firmware version.. Most probably it would be BCDC.. Please update to BCIC.. In the meanwhile im searching if you can update it from linux itself..

Or try sudo hdparm -i /dev/hda | grep Fw
replace hda wid your burner drive..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom