Which company's Blank DVD is best ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Well, to my knowledge, all cheaper dvds in the 10-16/- zone r very local ones... just unprinted blank dvds labelled by a local vendor. Earlier even bigger companies were imitated. Now the trend reduced and only unknown names r labelled so.
I get unprinted blank dvds(which look almost same from both sides) for 10/- @ my area elsewhere. These same ones r labelled by the so-called local vendors and sold for 12/- or above a piece. And well, I've quite a few unlabelled ones. They work well. No problem yet. I use them only for backin up low-risk data like minor documents, harddisk backups, copy-to-friends, experimental dvds & so on. If written @ sub-12x speeds, they also work fine.

The wholesale rate of the known labels like Sony & Imation is 20±2/-(case-less).
Right now, if the price goes below 18/- for a branded dvd, whatever the company, I hesitate. For me, it's either unbranded dvds for 10/- or Imation/Sony dvds for 18/-

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo
MB sucks for me. I burned 3 high quality divx movies on it at 4x and it took 1.5 hrs to burn. The same files when played back skipped a lot:(
Sony Accucore dvds burn properly but on searching the media id on the net i found that they wont last long.

today tried a new brand called Umax but got a coaster.
So guys whats the final verdict? Which dvdr can u use which may last atleast 5yrs? And dont suggest TDK, Verbatim coz they aint available in India.

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
1.5 Hrs??? :eek: Maximum takes 7mins on 16X and 15 mins on 4X (DVD-RW). I don't face writing problems even at 16X, as long as I don't use too much of the memory required for the read buffer. So if you can wait for a couple of minutes while your DVD is burning, try burning at 16X, the quality is almost same provided no background apps which drain memory are running.

As for the topic -
I think Writex and Moser Baer, both are cool.

shashank4u

Youngling
bought 20 dvd's of techcom today,15 per piece,which is available at
12 per piece also at some places..
have written around 10 dvd's with movies and bakup..
thru my liteon 160p6s
avg time 10 min/dvd..
workin good.

Last edited:

parthbarot

In the zone
we here in a'bad got DVDs at 11 Rs. and it works fine.. i mean its good... we store movies on it... we got more then 60 DVDs each having 6 avi movies... :)
hindi + english mixture...
and we use it very well btw. we copy the film first to PC and then see it...not directly putting the DVD in DVD drive and let it be scratched for say some 2 to 4 hrs...

goobimama

 Macboy
@Kalpik: Sure you get Verbatim at Nehru Place? I could ask my dad to buy some couple of them when he goes to delhi. How much would they cost?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey what is special abt verbatim dvds..

r these better than moserbaer ..hp..or sony

how much is the price / dvd and if i buy 25 dvds

and one of mine friend is going to delh today to nehru market..

So plz help which DVDs shuld i ask him to bring..
i require 25 DVds...and wht abt HP....

can anybdy tell me from where in nehru palace we shuld buy it and what will be the price...and how can we make sure tht that r r not duplicate

Last edited:

jack// ani

In the zone
well, as far as HP is concerned, the disc manufacturing is done by Moser Baer India, and the price is almost same is MB disks!!

Kind of outsourcing...

there are many shops out there in NP, try to find out authorized dealer!! becoz it's very difficult to figure out which is fake ones.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@goobimama, led_shankar: Availability at NP depends a LOT at the distributers.. Sometimes they have it, sometimes they dont.. I dont remember the shop.. But if you look around a bit, im sure you will get them :)

arunks

Hey here is the aks
moserbaer with blank surface?????/

r u talking of duplicate ones of moserbaer with white surface on one side and written moserbaer small on the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom