what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
DipDaWiz said:
So why not English. In this age of Globalization we should not consider those old things.... that english was imposed by britain so avoid it as national language.. when almost all the rules in indian penal code in made by british and we are following them blindly.

And what ever be our national languages you will write in english here and there... everywhere...
watever u hav typed has been answered to before .... lets set the ultimate standards of globalisation ..... lets hav an italian prime minister coz out the billions living here we cant pick 1 and same way out of the so many languages we cant pick 1 .... plz follow wat u said
DipDaWiz said:
T I think I should be out of this.

DipDaWiz

Broken In
Sorry for my return... Any way I dont want English as our national langauge. I gave those stats just for you information. Neither I want Hindi as national language (even though I know Hindi). I think all of us missing one point from the pages after 10, in this thread - The purpose of the poll. As I said before this poll's options are not complete - I dont want a change in the current system, means I dont want a single language as our national language. Bcoz only 'single language' will not gaurranty that it will unite us more strongly - there are much more issues in India right now to solve first.

""""The poll was started 'what should be india's national language?' People voted for it, more people will vote. There must be a end of this. then we will count the opinions. and highest count option wins. That will be our national language. if 'your own mother tongue' wins then we need another poll for all those languages as options. Selected will be our national language. Some people will be happy some will disappointed. but any way that language will be our national language... so ppl not knowing that will start learning that... new institute will come up in different places... On the opening ceremony of the institute I see ... I see I am comming out to cut the red tape ... as I am the CEO of the chain of that institiute...... """"""" ----- ohhhh I am sorry I was dreaming. ;)

mediator

Technomancer
dipdawiz said:
Note: See the link.... *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...total_speakers
I can't believe u gave wiki as the source! Better give some reliable source!

dipdawiz said:
You can find that, 350 million ppl in india speaks English compared to 337 million ppl speaks in Hindi (this may be wrong as wikipedia is not completely safe source).
Then y did u even bother giving that source?

dipdawiz said:
Sorry for my return... Any way I dont want English as our national langauge. I gave those stats just for you information. Neither I want Hindi as national language (even though I know Hindi). I think all of us missing one point from the pages after 10, in this thread - The purpose of the poll. As I said before this poll's options are not complete - I dont want a change in the current system, means I dont want a single language as our national language. Bcoz only 'single language' will not gaurranty that it will unite us more strongly - there are much more issues in India right now to solve first.
Then just express ur vote here!

dipdawiz said:
""""The poll was started 'what should be india's national language?' People voted for it, more people will vote. There must be a end of this. then we will count the opinions. and highest count option wins.
It has already been more than 4 months. Ever heard of a poll that lasted even for more than 2 months?? So now highest count option is still hindi. U may fix a date when u want to count the "opinions"!

shakshy said:
@mediator, mav3, planet call-----why don't u post ur pointthan waiting 4 othrs....I can't cause you don't have any and don't evn have the idea of whethr u r for or against, u r just lamers....moving at the support of othrs
Ok....20 pages is lot...I understand. SO Why dont u read just the 6-10 pages of the start?? See I shortened it further. U'll find many of my points there......or shud I spoon feed u also??
Will u read everything when the debate become like 100 pages long??

U want my opinion?? Its there in the starting of the thread. I didn't jump in between like u guys to make my points and then asking everyone, "Where are ur points??".....I have been debating here from the start kid and still active!
So better do ur homework first or just observe the thread instead showing and crossing ur minimum maturity levels here!

praka123 said:
Well said @Saakshy .they are having ego problems to accept our point.losers all the way
:D @aberforth......please stay here......u'll slowly and steadily witness such kinda comments from of all ur team mates ........proving only their mentalities here!!

@praka123......waiting for more such comments......thats the only thing expected from u now!! U need a glass of juice now!

dipdawiz said:
As it seems that this thread is a battle ground for the S Indains and the N Indians
I'm the only one from N.India apart from 1-2 who posted in the beginning of this thread! So get ur calculations correct!!

I dont know why English supporters (one's who jumped in between) here cant read even the first 5 pages of this thread. This forum is in English....Whats the problem then??

@praka1-9....still uses "Aryan" word even when I enlightened him and gave the link to read. I bet u'll ask for the link again after 30-40 pages of this thread have completed. Who wudn't mock u now??

Last edited:

shakshy

Broken In
So we shall say now dat mediator wants HINDI to be his national language....countinue to remind his old points (coz he has no new ones)........don't heed to others........coz he his a freaker, wants to demean what others say.....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^^ wats ur point or u too like aberforth just type senseless posts

demeans wat others say ... brother u hav been talking meaningless things so there aint anything other than demeaning left to do .... say something sensible come up with a meaningful reason for a language other than hindi to be our language and make a point taking into consideration this poll's result and also a reason that may be acceptable to more than 50% of the nation

mediator

Technomancer
shakshy said:
So we shall say now dat mediator wants HINDI to be his national language....countinue to remind his old points (coz he has no new ones)........don't heed to others........coz he his a freaker, wants to demean what others say.....
It seems u r having a hardtime to understand anyone here in "English". May be u'll understand in ur mother tongue better.

But like everyone here, I too have a right to vote? Dont I? I voted for Hindi. Is it not Indian?? R u having hardtime to respect my vote??

I'm only against English........can't believe u made me repeat once again!

Neways u may remind me of my old points....atleast u'll read them that way! I challenge u if u can even do that. U r having a hardtime to read the debate from the start, how will u even make me remind of my posts?? Cmon lets play and make me remind of what I posted, if u have the balls to do that! Can u do that??

And as for highlighted part, I give reasons and show when the person talks absurdly. I doubt if u can even do that instead of making personal comments baselessly!

Sooo did u study the first 5-10 pages?? Or still wanna go blablabla absurdly, baselessy??

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no point mediator even if they read it .... they wont understand it coz from this thread i realised that there is a difference between a person knowing to read and write a laanguage and a person who can undrstand a language

DipDaWiz

Broken In
mediator said:
I'm the only one from N.India apart from 1-2 who posted in the beginning of this thread! So get ur calculations correct!!
Yes you are from N.India, Praka and shakshy are from south. I dont know where mAV3 is from(most probably north) and if you see last pages of this poll, you can see that only N. Indians and S. Indians(specially TN guys) are posting and opossing each other. So dont you think, my statement is quite right.

mediator said:
It has already been more than 4 months. Ever heard of a poll that lasted even for more than 2 months?? So now highest count option is still hindi. U may fix a date when u want to count the "opinions"!

Yeap it should stop. Throwing mud to each other will not help. (anyway this is not going to help anybody. this poll/forum is for some healthy arguement. but it seems this thread is not one of them).

After four months, I thing the result is - 'Hindi' wins. Now its upon individuals that wheither he wants Hindi or not, or better to ask if they are happy with the poll results or not.

If not happy. Then also nothing to do, after all its a poll and one option will win where other have to loose. What do you think? :)

Last edited:

shakshy

Broken In
^^ for ur info I am from NE and there itz enlish thats spoken more than hindi. N we favor enlish 'coz we know what kinda treatment we get from u ppl in ur place when we fail to speak hindi.....u tell us chinky rite?......tht's like hell coz u hav never felt how it feels to b a hindi-non-speaker. perhaps if u were a non-hindi person u would have got the experience we hav got

DipDaWiz

Broken In
shakshy said:
^^ for ur info I am from NE and there itz enlish thats spoken more than hindi. N we favor enlish 'coz we know what kinda treatment we get from u ppl in ur place when we fail to speak hindi.....u tell us chinky rite?......tht's like hell coz u hav never felt how it feels to b a hindi-non-speaker. perhaps if u were a non-hindi person u would have got the experience we hav got

I am a non-hindi speaking person. But till now I didnt find any difficulty in facing people with my funny-to-hear hindi.

and regarding the 'chinky' thing... you have to make people aware that you dont like to hear chinky - but thats not by fighting. by the by this is not relavent of this thread anyway.

Even I didnt vote for hindi here. As I dont want Hindi be our national language. That will increase problems nothing else. Check this reality... from one of previous posts I came to know that 80% people can speak hindi in india. But that doesnot say all 80% want Hindi as National Language (people like you and I). Supose in a poll we Indians select Hindi as NL. but 20% people(20 Cror) from different culture dont know hindi. and being an Indian and you dont know national language(Hindi) means you are a mess. So you have to learn hindi - which means indirectly you are forced to learn Hindi but from the first page in this thread people are saying that they are not imposing hindi over us. Then tell me how is this migration going to be executed in whole India?
Many countries in world have more than one language as National/Official language. Than what is the problem with our existing system? One can say that - it is problem when a N Indian/E Indian come to S. India and vis-versa. Well then, it is the persons interest to learn the language which is appropriate there. In this case, we dont have to teach a learge group to learn a particular langugae - some N or E Indians will learn some S indian language and some S indian will learn Hindi or Bangla or any other. But for a tourist, you cannot expect that he will learn a new language for his 15 days stay. Well that should be taken care by each states tourist dept. and local people should be encouraged to help them as far they can, not harasse them.

Now, here we are talking about our ONE national language that is most likly not possible in politically and culturally diversed India. Even if it come true(chance is only 0.0003% ;) ), that will be an official thing. People out side india will know that our national language is Hindi. and may be you will find hindi along with your state language in official forms. thats it. I thinks its OK to have a discussion like this in a forum. that will help us to know people's view.

So, show your sportsmanship here. Dont get angry. and if this is going to happen for real, then we all will look into the matter seriously :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ok lets say u dont want hindi as ur national language lets make bengali our national language coz our national anthem is in bengali

besides ur talking abt forcing some 1 to learn a language im in mumbai and here it is compulsory for ue to study marathi even if v dont want to ..... the result most of us studied the language and passed school then guess what the language is of no use coz as long as im in maharashtra the language might come handy but if go to west bengal the language is useless but there is good chance that i will find ppl who understand hindi than me finding some 1 who understands marathi same is the case if go to s. Inida

the point is hindi even if a handful of u hate it is spoken all across the land and u will find ppl who understand it where eva u go hence it sshould be made our NL where as for any other regional language u wont find ppl understanding ....

DipDaWiz

Broken In
mAV3 said:
ok lets say u dont want hindi as ur national language lets make bengali our national language coz our national anthem is in bengali

besides ur talking abt forcing some 1 to learn a language im in mumbai and here it is compulsory for ue to study marathi even if v dont want to ..... the result most of us studied the language and passed school then guess what the language is of no use coz as long as im in maharashtra the language might come handy but if go to west bengal the language is useless but there is good chance that i will find ppl who understand hindi than me finding some 1 who understands marathi same is the case if go to s. Inida

the point is hindi even if a handful of u hate it is spoken all across the land and u will find ppl who understand it where eva u go hence it sshould be made our NL where as for any other regional language u wont find ppl understanding ....

Here again, u missed my point. I never said to make a particular language our NL - No Hindi, no Bangla and no anything. and national anthem was taken from a Bangla song. but our national anthem is well versed in Hindi too.

I said leave it as it is. Listen I am a Bengali and now in Pune for last one year and most probably I'll be here for at least next 1 yr. I am trying to learn Marathi just for my help. not all Bengali ppl have to learn it. I was in Kerala for some time but I didnt study malayalam, I used only english, hindi and took local ppls help and that was a nice stay there. and same for your case. you are in WB, so its your call whether you want to learn Bangla or not. You may wish to learn Bangla. not all other ppl in Maharashtra or any other state need to do that. even though you dont learn Bangla, thats not problem you can carry your convirsation in English or Hindi(of course some people there know Hindi) People learn language for their need. Why a person in WB or Tamil Nadu or Kerala, who dont know hindi, want learn Hindi just for sake that you or some ppl like you will come to their state?

And in a state they force to learn their language to keep the culture intact. As language is the main backbone for a culture. Its true for all the states. Like I studied Bangla, but never studied Hindi. I learnt Hindi as it was needed. If I never have to go to N. india/ W. India, most likely still I dont bother to know Hindi. And if you are settle in Maharashtra then there is no harm to learn Marathi. and I feel everyone should know the local language where he is going to settle. I tried to learn Kannada as I thought to be settled in Bangalore.

Do you find any problem in this Language and comunication system?

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
dipdawiz said:
Yes you are from N.India, Praka and shakshy are from south. I dont know where mAV3 is from(most probably north) and if you see last pages of this poll, you can see that only N. Indians and S. Indians(specially TN guys) are posting and opossing each other. So dont you think, my statement is quite right.
U just saw the "last pages" (u shud say starting pages) just to see who posted?? U didn't read what was debated??
Neways ur statement isn't right. People from south,north,east,west all have voted and participated! Can u tell where the person who started this thread is from?? And I wud say the percentage of S.Indians debating here is more than N.Indians or any other part of India!! praka1-9,vyasram,led_shankar.....and more of S.Indians!

dipdawiz said:
Yeap it should stop. Throwing mud to each other will not help. (anyway this is not going to help anybody. this poll/forum is for some healthy arguement. but it seems this thread is not one of them).
U r absolutely correct! This thread is to select any "Indian" language and vote for it and not to select any "Non-Indian" language!!

dipdawiz said:
After four months, I thing the result is - 'Hindi' wins. Now its upon individuals that wheither he wants Hindi or not, or better to ask if they are happy with the poll results or not.
The satisfaction factor after post-poll is always there, but then shud there be a divide among the people?? SHud they start hating each other and their opinion for that on such a small thing??

English support here is like bringing Non-Indian political parties in vote booths and then some saying they vote for BJP and others saying absurdly they vote for US congress. Thats why I ask people to refresh themselves read again and know the meaning of "National" first!! But some debate here pathetically,obscurely and absurdly that there is no meaning of National here when they support English. I think these guys dont even understand the meaning of the title of this thread and r just here to troll!!

dipdawiz said:
If not happy. Then also nothing to do, after all its a poll and one option will win where other have to loose. What do you think?
From this post of urs it seems u read some pages of the start. Neways yea I absolutely agree one will always win over the others. And let it be like that, why people here r loosing their minds and shying to talk sensibly over such a small thing and shying to read what has been debated??

I said before and will say again, "No one is forcing the poll results"!!

shakshy said:
for ur info I am from NE and there itz enlish thats spoken more than hindi.
:confused: I have stayed to some parts of N-E for some weeks! But English?? Thats a little hard for me to accept as I have many friends from N-E who themselves speak Hindi quite fluently, try to speak ENglish comfortably and themselves narrate their stories!!

shakshy said:
N we favor enlish 'coz we know what kinda treatment we get from u ppl in ur place when we fail to speak hindi.....u tell us chinky rite?......tht's like hell coz u hav never felt how it feels to b a hindi-non-speaker. perhaps if u were a non-hindi person u would have got the experience we hav got
I understand the "chinky" thing. U'll find more foreigners calling u similar names than Indians. Go out n tour, u'll find urself!! I hope ur also sensible enough to overcome these taunts!

dipdawiz said:
and regarding the 'chinky' thing... you have to make people aware that you dont like to hear chinky - but thats not by fighting. by the by this is not relavent of this thread anyway.
Sorry to interrupt between u two, but @dipdawiz I disagree here. @shakshy.....the more anger u'll show when people call u "chinky" the more they'll tease u!! Its human nature!! Its better to be tolerant and show them that ur above such taunts!! Just give em a smile and behave like u Njoy being called a chinky!! I promise they'll stop calling u like that again n again!!

Neways, for the debate to choose one Indian language to be national, I dont understand that people can have French,Russian,Spanish,German etc all kinds of language as their extra subjects in skools(DPSs,DAVs etc...most of them), then why not any Indian Language??

If tommorrow Tamil is made national language, then I suare I wont be having any problem with that!! AS simple!! But aleast I wont try to bring the Tamil accent in other languages!

dipdawiz said:
I feel everyone should know the local language where he is going to settle
That happens automatically :D!

planetcall

Indian by heart
hey all my chinki friends actually dont mind them being called that. People will say that you like it or not. Many call me bihari bhaiya here but trust me I dont mind it. There are names associated with almost everyone. Try to adapt to it or avoid it. Flaming would result in offense. So better have acceptance of it and take it friendly. ;)

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
DipDaWiz said:
Check this reality... from one of previous posts I came to know that 80% people can speak hindi in india. But that doesnot say all 80% want Hindi as National Language (people like you and I).
Same goes for English. It's already the global language - spoken and understood all over the World. A "national"-something is which you can uniquely identify with your country. English simply doesn't quite fit in.

To the "pro"-English mob: -
If you feel inferior being an Indian, being yourself or speaking in your mothertongue, you ought to have your self-esteem recaliberated. It's like a black girl looking into the blue eyes of her Barbie doll and being jealous. It's something like being Michael Jackson - an artificial white shell moulded onto a black core. You may very well choose to hide your identity and true self - but you'll only be laughed at for your self-pity and self-hatred. It's entirely up to you to make a choice.

I'm laughing already!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i wonder why english is global language ... why not french german chinese or some other other language portuguese or something

shakshy

Broken In
dipdawiz said:
why the hell we hav to mak ppl aware, don't they hav mind, heart, feelin to sense othrs sentiments.

mediator said:
Sorry to interrupt between u two, but @dipdawiz I disagree here. @shakshy.....the more anger u'll show when people call u "chinky" the more they'll tease u!! Its human nature!! Its better to be tolerant and show them that ur above such taunts!! Just give em a smile and behave like u Njoy being called a chinky!! I promise they'll stop calling u like that again n again!!
Man u seem to ovrlook things saying it human nature. They hav no right to embarass us like that. And u tell about smiling at them!!!!!! and worse still enjoy being called chinky. See man their are some terms and some words which really affects our sentiments. Many such comments and words, reveals us the feeling Hindi speakers (not all) have for us, it only reveals that they don't treat us like part of indian or indians. R we aliens?. N such terms (or what evr u say)are stuck on us when we speak faltering hindi or speak english
planetcall said:
hey all my chinki friends actually dont mind them being called that. People will say that you like it or not. Many call me bihari bhaiya here but trust me I dont mind it. There are names associated with almost everyone. Try to adapt to it or avoid it. Flaming would result in offense. So better have acceptance of it and take it friendly.
U won't mind that cuz it was friendly way of saying (bhaiya), but what about those with ugly sense of mocking, Can we take this lightly or friendly? NO. U were called bihari bhaiya, wud u take it the same way if it was said "sala bihari"? (no offense) Perhaps NO.

And the reason i am posting it------------English is a neutral language, its no ones. and if some1 comments on our bad hindi, we'll hav the answer, "English is our national language"

planetcall

Indian by heart
Comeon Shaksy. Grow up! First thing is that you are deviating yourself and others from the theme of the debate. Second, do not complain of people calling you names. If they call then give a reply. There are elements like that everywhere. Discuss and give fresh points on your preferred Indian Language to be chosen as the National Language. I meet many who like to play with me by calling names to me and bihar. Well I do try to resist until it goes friendly but I do reply strongly when deemed necessary and that is how life goes with most of the things. So, no such things under discussion here. Stick to the topic.

mediator

Technomancer
shakshy said:
why the hell we hav to mak ppl aware, don't they hav mind, heart, feelin to sense othrs sentiments.

Man u seem to ovrlook things saying it human nature. They hav no right to embarass us like that. And u tell about smiling at them!!!!!! and worse still enjoy being called chinky. See man their are some terms and some words which really affects our sentiments. Many such comments and words, reveals us the feeling Hindi speakers (not all) have for us, it only reveals that they don't treat us like part of indian or indians. R we aliens?. N such terms (or what evr u say)are stuck on us when we speak faltering hindi or speak english
If world wud have been like that with everyone having sensible thoughts, then I guess there wud have been no need for police stations, lockers/safes, for enforcing military on country's borders and for even putting locks on the main door of our respective homes! Its just a thoughtful wish.

I understand ur feelings!I know how u feel thats why I ask u to act calmly and be more tolerant!!

shakshy said:
U won't mind that cuz it was friendly way of saying (bhaiya), but what about those with ugly sense of mocking, Can we take this lightly or friendly? NO. U were called bihari bhaiya, wud u take it the same way if it was said "sala bihari"? (no offense) Perhaps NO.
Well if tomorrow if I go to US, then firangs will obviously call me an "Indian". Shud I feel depressed? Infact I'll be more proud!
Now if they say "stinking Indian" then ofcors I'll feel humiliated. But, the point is not about calling me Indian, its more about attaching an adjective to it. If they call us with that adjective separately, then also it means the same thing.

If people call u chinky, then just let it go. If they call u "kamine chinky", then ofcors they r trying to humiliate u, if they just call u "kamine" then also it means the same thing that they r trying to humilate u.
They will call people from Bihar bihari, punjab punjabi, ........ U can't escape from it and there's no use if u try to change it.

Kids are the ones who indulge in calling such names as "chinky", they grow up and become sensible and stop calling such names. U may try to teach them a lesson. Whats the use?? Tommorow more kids will arise like them.....To how many will u teach a lesson??
So, learn to give em a smile and walkaway! If there's an adjective like "saale/kamine" associated with such taunts, then ofcors u may scold them. Anyone wud follow similarly!!

skakshy said:
And the reason i am posting it------------English is a neutral language, its no ones. and if some1 comments on our bad hindi, we'll hav the answer, "English is our national language"
A REPEAT!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
english is no 1s language ... its neutral ..... i wonder with whom does australia play the ashes

@shakshy post something sensible worth debating don post ur personal problems and stup!d sh!t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom