what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Bancho said:
now u r referring to nri who speak in english as "kutta" don't attack people man, attack the issue. u write bad posts like this so admin's give u -50
Hehe, u sound like a 3 yr old kid! I'm not abusing any one. Its just a quote. It seems u r so cut off from ur roots and culture that u don't even understand the hindi quotations. Thats pathetic! U don't even deserve someone'e pity here!

Anyways it seems @bancho*, that u r very concerned about my posts. So let me tell u, its not my quotation, its something I learnt from a "mod" here!!

mail2and said:
There was a saying in Hindi..

'Dhobi ka kutta, na ghar ka na ghaat ka'.
Post #110 of this thread
Source
So @bancho*, This is what a mod has to say!! And it contains nuthing abusing, but indeed amusing! Its just a hindi quote. I bet ur teachers and elders never told u that!! And thats why u come perfectly under that pathetic/exceptional category of NRIs who r perfectly qualified for the saying as @mail2and quoted!

raaabo said:
If you voted for English, it’s stupid because over 90 percent of India doesn’t speak it.
Post #116 of this thread!
Source
^^This is what the admin has to say!! So, I hope u have no more vague idea about my posts.

So, stop ur haullucinations, speak to the point in this debate instead talking off-topic subjects like "repute points etc" (how absurd). If u can't then stop the full-fledged show of ur insolence and puny/retarded behaviour here. Go search where u r from, explore ur roots first instead of trolling here! :)

Last edited:

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Ami amar bhasha chorbena. Amar manush shudu dui bhasha bolbo, ekti bangla aru ekti english. Hindi na to amar bhasha na amar kichu kamer bhasha. :)

mediator

Technomancer
Aberforth said:
Ami amar bhasha chorbena. Amar manush shudu dui bhasha bolbo, ekti bangla aru ekti english. Hindi na to amar bhasha na amar kichu kamer bhasha. :)
We heard that already, its AGAIN A REPEAT! Nething new u wanna say? :D:D

Well, I would like to enlighten you people a bit on the issue of national language.

As all of you think hindi is not our national language. for that matter, no language is our national language. Its nowhere mantioned in our constitution that hindi is our national language. Its only mentioned that hindi will be the language of administration. Thats all. So, this debate is meaningless.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well ur post has just won the most meaningless post of this debate ..... here's a bit of enlightenment for u ..... all debates are meaningless for 1 person or another .... and v havent been debating meaningless posts for the past 424 posts ya most of them hav just been repeats and posts tht can be ignored but still the thread has brought o light tht ppl feel more comfortable wen they speak the queen's language than a language of their own nation

rajasekharan

Youngling
To Hell....this is the second thread i am reading that is ending in people debating over the F***ing REPUTATION. are you guys really MAD....it starts of really well and ends in Reputation quarrels.....and this is just beginning to take that direction... i here by say this and DECLARE this....some one really wants to fiddle with this crap reputation thing...just GIVE ME THE DAMN NEGATIVE POINTS MAN...and start posting a good healthy discussion....i am sick of seeing this..:( :( :(

mediator

Technomancer
rajasekharan said:
To Hell....this is the second thread i am reading that is ending in people debating over the F***ing REPUTATION. are you guys really MAD....it starts of really well and ends in Reputation quarrels.....and this is just beginning to take that direction... i here by say this and DECLARE this....some one really wants to fiddle with this crap reputation thing...just GIVE ME THE DAMN NEGATIVE POINTS MAN...and start posting a good healthy discussion....i am sick of seeing this..:( :( :(
Absolutely Korrect! I dunno why people goto "reputes" when they r outta words and need a glass of soda. Its a new technique i guess, to deviate the thread and talk off-topic things!

@bancho* ...... Can I hope to see u debating sensibly??

harmu.com

Right off the assembly line
india is a secular country, you can not say english is not our language, i mean you can't say christions are outsiders. in simple words english is also a part of our country.
people in india hate more muslims and urdu, than english and christians!
i see threads, where english is critized and said it's foreign language. i don't agree to it. in india everything is secular and if english is made our national language it will be as close to india as hindi, urdu or any other language.

we support amarica more than pakistan or any other muslim country. we are happy that saddam is executed or oshama died. english is very close to india, so stop hating it, rather try to accept it.:p:p:eek::p:p

D

digg_digit_digital

planetcall said:
India is not a poor country. Get your misconception right else me and my brothers here will blast you off. China has strong feelings for its culture and Chinese take pride in it. They are not like you.

in china there is only the chinese. we take pride in india and our own mother toungue.

just see how the biharies are slaughtered in assam. people in tamil nadu hates hindi, the same in all four state of south.

i see here that a lot of bengalies also hate hindi people, and hindi language and this topic has spread the hatred more than anything else.

we have already seen, how the punjabies and sikh's were killed after indira gandhi died.

india is a very different country, don't compare it with china!:x :mad:
after 200 years of rule of british, if english is a foreigh language,
then after 400 years of mughal's rule, why urdu is not a foreign language......:confused:

who is this man? when ever i see his post, i see the same line repeated.........again and again, post the same thing,,,,again.........why he only say this same thing, again and again..........lol......:confused: :(

medi you only say, people post again and again,,,,,,,,why you post this again and again..........:confused: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

mediator

Technomancer
harmu.com said:
india is a secular country, you can not say english is not our language, i mean you can't say christions are outsiders. in simple words english is also a part of our country.
U need to refresh the definition of secular first in ur mind before using it uncle!

harmu.com said:
people in india hate more muslims and urdu, than english and christians!
Hating urdu?? r u OK? U sound just like @uttorasen!

harmu.com said:
if english is made our national language it will be as close to india as hindi, urdu or any other language.
Already discussed uncle!

harmu.com said:
we support amarica more than pakistan or any other muslim country. we are happy that saddam is executed or oshama died.
And who exactly told u we support "Amarica"? Did we support "AMarica" on iraq? Did we support "amarica" on vietnam? There r many other examples like that! u need to read newspapers!

harmu.com said:
english is very close to india, so stop hating it, rather try to accept it.
Oh, but Indian languages r more closhe to India spechially Hindih ! Sho shtop acting schizophrenically! And shtop repeating!

:D:D

@digg_digit_digital : Ur post is too a repeat man! And for geting enlightened why it is a repeat, please read the debate from the start. First u dont read the debate from the start n then come crying asking why I say its a repeat. The points u babbled have already been discussed! Nething new u wanna say? :)

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
digg_digit_digital said:
in china there is only the chinese. we take pride in india and our own mother toungue.

I have repeated time and again that we take pride in our respective mother tongue but when it comes to national language then the unanimous decision is to be taken and thatswhy i support hindi despite having a different mother tongue. Dont make me repeat things by making statements which already have been dealt with.

just see how the biharies are slaughtered in assam. people in tamil nadu hates hindi, the same in all four state of south.

What happened in assam is a terrorist act and not of the common people. You are no way representing all the southern states. I have seen many people who cant really speak hindi well but still they adore to try to speak it when given the opportunity. I equally feel proud to learn kannada from them.

i see here that a lot of bengalies also hate hindi people

Bengalis do not hate hindi. There are a few bengali racists out there spamming anti hindi notion but Bengalis speak hindi equally well. These few racist kids probably do not understand the topic.

and hindi language and this topic has spread the hatred more than anything else.

Hindi langugage and this topic is the unifying force. Hindi is the thread which binds india together. This topic clearifies doubt from the mind of many and the perception of taking hindi threatening to their local/mother tongue is vanished. Whenever there is a debate like this and that too in fight club then some heat is obviously generated. I do not hold personal fight with anyone as all are my friends here but as per the topic I strongly defend my point.

we have already seen, how the punjabies and sikh's were killed after indira gandhi died.

What do you mean by that ? Don't amalgamate different topics here. Your statements are senseless.

india is a very different country, don't compare it with china!

First read what I am replying to and in what context in your quoted statement of mine. Dont provoke me to justify and repeat things.

after 200 years of rule of british, if english is a foreigh language,
then after 400 years of mughal's rule, why urdu is not a foreign language......

There is a large muslim community in India. The muslims are in India since long and so they are very much a part of Indian Secular Polulation. So Urdu is a part of the large pool of the languages. Islamic empires are more than 700 years old in india. Refresh your history here and dont put such invalid dates again.

Mediator is right to tell you of your repetitions. You are trying to provoke us to reanswer what has been already answered. Kindly read the debate if you are really interested in putting questions. It might be possible that you get a change in your attitude towards Indian languages including Hindi.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Where is this useless discussion heading?? I tell you guys one thing. You guys are
just wasting your time. That's all!!! Do something constructive, instead of wasting
your precious time in "Fight Club"

DipDaWiz

Broken In
Aberforth said:
Amar manush shudu dui bhasha bolbo :)

If you translate to your common language 'English' then it is: My people will talk(I'll talk) only in two languages. In Bangla, verb for 'Third person' and 'first person' is different....

I have some questions regarding this quote:

1. Are you Bengali?
2. Is that above line in Bangla?
If above two qestion's answer is YES, then, either I dont know Bangla(after speaking in it for 24yrs) or you are nutt..... :confused: .... so make your mother tongue correct first.....

Aberforth

The Internationalist
DipDaWiz said:
I have some questions regarding this quote:

1. Are you Bengali?
2. Is that above line in Bangla?
If above two qestion's answer is YES, then, either I dont know Bangla(after speaking in it for 24yrs) or you are nutt..... :confused: .... so make your mother tongue correct first.....

I have a suggestion. Before jumping into conclusions and calling someone a nut try to understand what I was trying to say. I am referring not only to to myself and Bengalis who support my view, which means 'My People'. I could have easily said "Ami Hindi bolbo na..." without your help, but thats not what I meant.

planetcall said:
What happened in assam is a terrorist act and not of the common people.

Then you have no idea of the Assamese people's attitude towards Hindi. Politicians burying the issue under carpet does not resolve matter either.

planetcall said:
It might be possible that you get a change in your attitude towards Indian languages including Hindi.

It won't be easy to change attitude as your perception of anti-Hindi people is different. Its not the language that they dislike, its the dislike for it being a national language and asserting north Indian authority over south and other non-Hindi speaking states.

planetcall said:
Hindi is the thread which binds india together.

Another repeat. Hindi is the divider which divided the people at the cost of binding hindi speaking people.

planetcall said:
Bengalis do not hate hindi. There are a few bengali racists out there spamming anti hindi notion but Bengalis speak hindi equally well. These few racist kids probably do not understand the topic.

As I said before, speaking a language does not mean support for it as a national language. You don't support English as a national language but does that mean you can't speak English? Calling a large group people with a different viewpoints 'racist kids' is a pointer of how mature and understanding you are. There is a logical fallacy, Ad Hominem Tu Quoque, which implies discredit someone personally to discredit his ideas or arguments.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
aberforth said:
Then you have no idea of the Assamese people's attitude towards Hindi. Politicians burying the issue under carpet does not resolve matter either.
There's difference between hating a language and understanding a language. I don't understand how can one hate a language. But in ur terms and at ur thinking level, I can similarly say that I hate English!
So what do wanna prove by this absurd point of urs?? Neways this has also been debated and discussed thoroughly.

aberforth said:
It won't be easy to change attitude as your perception of anti-Hindi people is different. Its not the language that they dislike, its the dislike for it being a national language and asserting north Indian authority over south and other non-Hindi speaking states.
Yea the whole forum can witness such anti-national/racist elements here who dont understand the meaning of the debate and trying to make foriegners happy! hehe, some don't even understand the meaning of Hindi quotes and then saying others r abusing em! How pathetic and miserable their present state is. I dont think I'll be able to count the number of people laughing at em in their real life.I dunno how much social inferiority they face and r mocked at!

aberforth said:
Hindi is the divider which divided the people at the cost of binding hindi speaking people.
So, u n ur team wanna absurdly say that English binds it?? :)

aberforth said:
As I said before, speaking a language does not mean support for it as a national language
Similarly u shud understand hating a language doesn't mean people don't undertsand it and can't communicate in it.

aberforth said:
You don't support English as a national language but does that mean you can't speak English?
Similarly, most people who hate Hindi, can understand it as well. And its Indian toooooo :)

aberforth said:
Calling a large group people with a different viewpoints 'racist kids' is a pointer of how mature and understanding you are.
And not being able to understand one's post and repeating again n again, is even a bigger sign of displaying ur senselessness and immaturity. The post is in English. Still u cudn't understand it??
Well if hating a language and its supporting people isn't racist then enlighten me what is it! Since u started this, so please explain in detail now!

aberforth said:
There is a logical fallacy, Ad Hominem Tu Quoque, which implies discredit someone personally to discredit his ideas or arguments.
I know u can do better in debating to the point and posting sensible stuff and reading the debate from the start, instead of Giving lectures around here! Neways feel free to give lectures to ur team mates here who often show gramatical errors in their posts, can't understand one's post (like u) and can't even understand some quotations!

U write long posts, wasting ur time again n again. Why don't u just read the debate from the start to save ur time :D

DipDaWiz

Broken In
Aberforth said:
I could have easily said "Ami Hindi bolbo na..."

You are right. but when you said "amar manus".... the verb should be "bolbe", not "bolbo".... so make your own conclusion from this.... :mad:

Aberforth

The Internationalist
mediator said:
Yea the whole forum can witness such anti-national/racist elements here who dont understand the meaning of the debate and trying to make foriegners happy!

That is absurd, if foreigners being happy were such a concern, the forum could use an IP filter to lock out foreign people. By the way you don't expect a lot of foreigners here as Digit doesn't ship outside India last time I checked. And if a foreigner were to actually read this topic, they would at least know there are languages Indians speak other than Hindi (unlike most of them believe).

mediator said:
So, u n ur team wanna absurdly say that English binds it?? :)

No, it doesn't and neither does Hindi. It is time we do away with national language. What to propose next, a national religion, national clothes and perhaps national food too...to be served in all government department meals?

mediator said:
Well if hating a language and its supporting people isn't racist then enlighten me what is it! Since u started this, so please explain in detail now!

Maybe you should just read this.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racist

If disliking Hindi as a national language was racist than disliking any other language as national language would too count as being racist on your part.

mediator said:
Neways feel free to give lectures to ur team mates here who often show gramatical errors in their posts, can't understand one's post (like u) and can't even understand some quotations!

You admit there are vocab errors and grammatical errors in a lot of posts and yet you claim I couldn't understand them is being senseless? There was a quote about people living in glass houses and stones.....of course it's in English maybe I should find a Hindi one...

mediator said:
U write long posts, wasting ur time again n again. Why don't u just read the debate from the start to save ur time :D

Tell me how to save time. Reading 22 pages with pages full of trash? Most of them don't look halfway English, maybe I should use a translator.

mediator said:
....is even a bigger sign of displaying ur senselessness and immaturity
mediator said:
I dont think I'll be able to count the number of people laughing at em in their real life

I understand where you are going next - flaming and insults. Come on...say another one.

planetcall

Indian by heart
A good news for all my friends who dont know hindi. now you can learn it for free as Indian government has this site for this purpose.

*img246.imageshack.us/img246/6086/lilaha3.gif

*www.rajbhasha.gov.in/

*www.justforfunboard.com/gfx/smileys/goodluck.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom