what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
R u kidding me!!! Tell me if u go to,say U.S & ask any foreigner that his native language should be hindi.Will he be willing to change his mother language to hindi ?I think he will slap u or may be hang u!!!No one offend english but our culture should be remained preserved.Come on guys where is ur PATRIOTISM!!!

Kratos

Broken In
How many of us took Hindi as a language in School/College after it was not compulsory. It is very dignified to say be patriotic and all that stuff but how many of us really care about Hindi as language. Hindi language is going the same route as Sanskrit which is mostly used for doing P.H.D. and getting high scores. Offcourse all our Hindu Vedas are written in Sanskrit.

Anyways what difference does it make to be Hindi as National Language. Do you know what is our National Game?

English gives us a global advantage over other non english speaking countries. For a poor country like us it is a great thing. Imagine all the call centers shifting to China ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ hello wake up brother ..... the phenomenon of shifting call centres has already started not because of the language but because of the frauds here ....

and the question is not about knowing our national game or knowing our national anthem so on so forth the question is about preserving our national heritage a language that is ours a language that has been given to us by our fore-fathers not by some freaking idiots who came and ruled our nation for so many years

let me re-iterate my stand .... im not saying stop teaching english im saying english though global is not our language we have a beautiful language (not demeaning other regional languages) which is spoken widely across this land and now has its global presence along with chinese ..... make it our national language ....

y is it so hard for u to accept a language of our own as our national language .... to me something being given he tag of national means of the ppl of this nation (S.Indians included) be it language sport or anything

planetcall

Indian by heart
There are many who dont care there parents after they settle down with a good job. Should U dump yr parents too because many are doing this ? Lol have an independent thinking approach. Your statement shows you are a cave man. English gives us a global advantage, so you should learn english too but when the question is about a national entity........it has to be our very own....a part of us.
India is not a poor country. Get your misconception right else me and my brothers here will blast you off. China has strong feelings for its culture and Chinese take pride in it. They are not like you.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
mAV3 said:
^^ hello wake up brother ..... the phenomenon of shifting call centres has already started not because of the language but because of the frauds here ....

y is it so hard for u to accept a language of our own as our national language .... to me something being given he tag of national means of the ppl of this nation (S.Indians included) be it language sport or anything

Yawn....I can't accept Hindi as my own as it is not. Speaking in Hindi isn't going to make me more patriotic or less 'Angrezi'. If a more impartial language can't be national language I'll be all ears for my language but never Hindi. Of course I can talk it when I need it like I talk Arabic when I'm in Dubai but it will never be my language, Hindi will always be like Arabic to me.

By the way how many languages does a non hindi person has to master, his language, Hindi and English? And how many does a north Indian hindi speaker has to master?

rajasekharan

Youngling
Hindi should be the national language. The stupid call centers spoiled the nation and its culture . Now we all are getting westernised. Call centers should be banned. Why hate Hindi ???. I see people even speaking manglish . . Yeah i am a Malayalee . . Respect your language folks . I blame it all on call centers . **** them.

praka123

left this forum longback
Edaa Malayali-Hindi um Malayalavum tammil Entu Bandhama Ullat?Nammal Dakshinendyakkarku Hindi Anya Bhasha Aanu Arabi Pole.Manassilayo?

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
rajasekharan said:
Hindi should be the national language. The stupid call centers spoiled the nation and its culture . Now we all are getting westernised. Call centers should be banned. Why hate Hindi ???. I see people even speaking manglish . . Yeah i am a Malayalee . . Respect your language folks . I blame it all on call centers . **** them.
I work for a call centre...trust me they are NOT stupid, they teach you important work ethics. Also call centres are only located in cities...majority of the Indian population stays in areas where there are NO call centres, so it is impossible for call centres to "spoil the NATION and it's culture".

It's on how you conduct yourself that determines your culture not merely speaking english or any other language...go to USA or any western country and you will find thousands of Indian families who speak ONLY english but still keep their Indian culture intact.

Regardless of which language we feel should be the national language, let us first be good human beings and stop blaming everything and everybody for our shortcomings.

mediator

Technomancer
praka123 said:
Edaa Malayali-Hindi um Malayalavum tammil Entu Bandhama Ullat?Nammal Dakshinendyakkarku Hindi Anya Bhasha Aanu Arabi Pole.Manassilayo?
Thats more like it. Debate in ur mother tongue so that we can't understand it and can ignore it!! :D

caleb said:
go to USA or any western country and you will find thousands of Indian families who speak ONLY english but still keep their Indian culture intact.
What else do u expect them to communicate there with locals??

rajasekharan

Youngling
@praka 123.....english korachu korachu ariyum ennu parayunna thendikalakaal bethamanu hindi samsarikkunnathu.....:),....pinney maashey...itheu chummatheya...boradichappol enthakkayoo type chaiyunnu athreye ullu...;)....nammal malayalaleekaley arinjukoodey...vazhakkinum vakkanithinum nammalilla mooney dineshaa...;) (nadodikattil sreenivasan parayunnathupooley.....englisho, hindiyo , uruduvoo desiya basha aakkikottey njan onnum ethiru paranjillilooo)

@caleb....well i lived in bang and chennai too...and i dislike the way most call center guys and gals behave.....yeah its working at night that makes your mind go hay way....i.e why i call call centers a F***ing bad thing....only useful to mate around and spoil the culture..."WE CURSE THEM...gollum...;)", oh and by the way ....the indians may or maynot behave well in america ...i am talking about us here .... why compare them????????

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
You didn't get my point. Many Indian families, living abroad, who's mother tongue is hindi or whatever indian language speak in english AMONGST themselves at home but keep their culture intact. So my point is language does not determine ones culture.

mediator

Technomancer
caleb said:
You didn't get my point. Many Indian families, living abroad, who's mother tongue is hindi or whatever indian language speak in english AMONGST themselves at home but keep their culture intact. So my point is language does not determine ones culture.
And u didn't read my point!!
Neways how can u say "many" Indian families?? It seems ur Watching too much NRI movies?? Ackowledge reality brother!

I've been to US and my sister stays there and many of my friends stay there now! But all of em narrate that they speak in their mother tongues at home i.e Hindi and some r Punjabi so its Punjabi . Chinese, Japanese all speak in their respective mother tongues with family people abroad. R u saying Indians are any different??

So ur point is totally wrong. Or if u wanna argue, then first tour america as well and observe the reality and then argue! Don't post ur imagination here :)

rajasekharan

Youngling
@ caleb...i dont know...:( , i have never been to u.s :( , what i am saying is .. it may or may not be true that we abroard respect and hold our culture....but what about us here .....we demoralise our selves....why??????cause we F*** want to get westernised and enjoy being that....we beieve if we speak in american accent and wear a bikini and shorts and hold many boy or girl friend or go for dates as "modern culture"....all rised cause of the stupid call centers....if not what else do u say???? 10 year back...not more...everything was fine ...now its all BS ...look at the present day lads now its "saturday night" F*** for them....hell these peoples...

Bancho

Broken In
mediator said:
And u didn't read my point!!
Neways how can u say "many" Indian families?? It seems ur Watching too much NRI movies?? Ackowledge reality brother!

I've been to US and my sister stays there and many of my friends stay there now! But all of em narrate that they speak in their mother tongues at home i.e Hindi and some r Punjabi so its Punjabi . Chinese, Japanese all speak in their respective mother tongues with family people abroad. R u saying Indians are any different??

So ur point is totally wrong. Or if u wanna argue, then first tour america as well and observe the reality and then argue! Don't post ur imagination here :)
i am working for Reusch for last 3 years in boston usa. i am originally from andhra pradesh, i kno andhra punjabi bengali and gujrati families all of them speak english at home but mother tongue is telugu punjabi bengali and gujrati but they speak english with each other at home. mediator you live in usa first. touring does not give you the reality here in usa
mediator you take poll in usa or what for them to narrate to you they speak mother tongue at home? dont spread lies man. i think that is why it says under the number of posts you made htat 'mediator has made some really bad posts'. dont post so many bad posts man it is bad for your brain

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^^ Somebody spotted things correctly.Agreed.but not only him,many other Hindi supporters vandalised the reality been posted by me and few others.English is the Universal Language,Y da Hell North Indians wants to enforce Hindi on Non-Hindi Speakers!.

mediator

Technomancer
bancho said:
i am working for Reusch for last 3 years in boston usa. i am originally from andhra pradesh, i kno andhra punjabi bengali and gujrati families all of them speak english at home but mother tongue is telugu punjabi bengali and gujrati but they speak english with each other at home.
Exceptions r always there. Its too bad these exceptions don't speak in their mother tongues even at home. i again repeat the saying "Dhobi ka kutta na ghar ka na khet ka". I hope u know its meaning. Neways why r u bringing languages spoken by NRIx in foriegn?? I hope u understand the meaning of title of this thread. If u dont then refresh urself and read the debate from the start instead of REPEATING the same old NRI thing again n again!!

bancho said:
mediator you live in usa first. touring does not give you the reality here in usa
Thats the first time I heard someone say that touring doesn't gives u reality! Its a pity that u even said that!

bancho said:
mediator you take poll in usa or what for them to narrate to you they speak mother tongue at home? dont spread lies man.
And I challenge u to take the poll and include all Non-Americans there and what they speak at home! So dont post ur haullucinations here man!

bancho said:
i think that is why it says under the number of posts you made htat 'mediator has made some really bad posts'.
Hehe, that was just one post for which the admins gave me -50 of sweetness.

bancho said:
dont post so many bad posts man it is bad for your brain
So read my posts, before posting ur fantasies here and marking it "many bad posts". Ur right its bad for ur brain, so read the debate from start and all my posts before ur brain deteriorates totally!:D
Neways talk to the point, it seems u were trying to provoke me, too bad ur efforts were futile! :)

parak123 said:
^^ Somebody spotted things correctly.Agreed.but not only him,many other Hindi supporters vandalised the reality been posted by me and few others.English is the Universal Language,Y da Hell North Indians wants to enforce Hindi on Non-Hindi Speakers!.
Its better if u keep on REPEATING ur absurd views in ur mother tongue. Spare us of ur troll!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
praka123 said:
many other Hindi supporters vandalised the reality been posted by me
blah blah blah blah he's got a world of his own and thinks many others do too

Bancho

Broken In
now u r referring to nri who speak in english as "kutta" don't attack people man, attack the issue. u write bad posts like this so admin's give u -50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom