what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

uttoransen

Broken In
what should be india's national language?

it should be english, no indian language should be given preference.

hindi, as over 15% of indian people want hindi as national language, and that is majority,as it's arround 9% for bengali, the same is for tamil and all.

or there should be no national language.

will you prefer national language as, marathi, gujrati, orrisaa, bengla, tamil,
i mean your own mother tungue you will prefer.

let's see what you think about it.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yep Hindi it is and will ever be, English is the trade language and no country EVER forgets its national language no matter how much you force other languages down thier throats...

I prefer English as that'll get me somewhere but Hindi as a language is your culture and you must preserve it.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Hindi is our national language. I suggest we all stick and learn to live with it.

After that, comes Mai Marathi. In my book. ;)

Jai Hind! Jai Maharashtra! :D

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
I beg to differ. Hindi is not the national language, just because a majority of people speak it. There are many many many languages in India; We cannot ignore any of them. There have been major riots due to this issue. People take pride in their regional languages, and we cannot afford to alienate them by imposing our language upon them.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
No one's imposing Hindi on anyone. No one can and should ignore their respective mother tongues/regional languages. We should all take pride in it!

I'm a Maharashtrian, Mr. X is from some other ethnic background. We'll be like primates if we didn't have a Common Speech to communicate linguistically. It's just that Hindi happens to have been around since god-knows-how-long, and the closest to being an efficient and successful mode of Common Speech devised by ourselves and not imposed by a foreign agent.

praka123

left this forum longback
English for the sake of ppl who dont know/dont want to learn Hindi apart from north there r ppl like in TamilNaad who dont even get one word in Hindusthaani properly.SO ENGLISH.

praka123

left this forum longback
hame to hindi aata hai...lekin India mein baaki jo log jo dakkin mein hei usko tho badi mushkil hoga hindi padna...its upto the ppl whether u want 2 learn or not.also come 2 down south tamilnaad and check ur hindi---Is someone get yor/our Raashtr Bhaasha eh?...:mad: try to think BIG rather than confined 2 Northisthan only.there are ppl in south also whom u ppl purposely forgot.also Tamil is a very diffrnt LANG with lesser sanskrit content compared to all other languages and they are proud of it.only few kannadigas/Konkanasthas here in south will be interested in Hindi,so no pain better understand than arguing yor part:)

Last edited:

jithudigitised

Wanna be *****ised...
Proud to be an indian

ya there are lots of people thinking hindi is only for norths.
actually language is used for communication.so for two people to communicate whatever language they commonly know and comfortable with, use that, that may be hindi, english or even malayalam.
love your own mother tongue man and love india

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey shut off this thread...who r u to challenge our national language....

we alll pride our india

Hey guys

Why are we fighting over our National Language????

We should be proud that it Hindi (derived from Sanskrit) is best suited for digital circuits.

So I think Hindi is the best.

In India many ppl do not speak Hindi so for them English or Regional Language is best.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
~Phenom~ said:
Hindi is and should remain our national language.

+1

english is international lang. no need to make tis our national lang. BTW hindi is default setting we don't need to change

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Mods i request you to plz close such issues regarding language,contry and stupid issues like these..Tell them to discuss such sensitive topics in some other forums

rakeshishere said:
Mods i request you to plz close such issues regarding language,contry and stupid issues like these..Tell them to discuss such sensitive topics in some other forums

hey rakeshishere

I agree with you not only matter concerned to language but any sensitive matter should not be posted in forums.........

Our Country is the best as it is. So guys accept it and plz do not post such threads again.

Well guys you might take it otherwise as I am new to this forum but its a matter concerning about our country guys. Don't flame INDIA...

anandk

Distinguished Member
lets CONTINUE with hindi...we dont want another mess (like mandal) on hands now, do we ?!

SolidSnake

Broken In
:rolleyes:

uttoransen said:
what should be india's national language? Hindi

it should be english, no indian language should be given preference. What kind of logic is that?

hindi, as over 15% of indian people want hindi as national language, and that is majority,as it's arround 9% for bengali, the same is for tamil and all. From where did you get those %s?

or there should be no national language. Doesn't make any sense.

will you prefer national language as, marathi, gujrati, orrisaa, bengla, tamil,
i mean your own mother tungue you will prefer.

let's see what you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom