what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnake

Broken In
@praka123

You know what my best friend is a Telugu and lives in Hyd, she has no problem conversing with me in Hindi infact most of our talk is in Hindi only.

planetcall

Indian by heart
mediator, there are a few lingual fanatics who talk of guns, battles and war for languages. They want their points to be accepted based on the theory of Whatever. I think its not worth replying to any of their posts :). Sensible people who have seen what has been the course of debate and what points have been discussed before in this thread are always welcome for fresh inputs. An open debate reflects your attitude towards your opposition. Engaging in personal conflicts and stupid thickhead repetitions makes the thread go sour.

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
No country can own a language and no language can own a country. There is no national pride in following a language originated in our country and there is no crime in following a language originated in some place else. English is the global language and that's the way to go coz it'll help ur ecomony and development. U just gotta do that till good translation sw are created.

Imagine the time being wasted by ppl learning two or three languages. Wouldn't the world be beautifuler(don't comment on my English) if there is only one language in this world. A language is meant for sharing thoughts and ideas and not for bluffing over national pride, learn this!

Only Rabooo's post in this thread is worth reading

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Vyasram said:
ur right .... however about ur language thing ... same goes for religion doesnt it

no 1 song belongs to a country and no country owns 1 song .... but i do sing the national anthem

mediator

Technomancer
@vyasram...u wanna follow raaabo...be my guest!
raaabo said:
If you voted for English, it’s stupid because over 90 percent of India doesn’t speak it.
So who all r stupid here?? @vyasram .... U may Ask him why it is stupid though i n others gave the reason like a dozen times now and shortened the posts too so that people like u who have tough time conversing in english, but still vote for english, can understand ! Another proof? See below
vyasram said:
Wouldn't the world be beautifuler(don't comment on my English)
Plzz...grow up!

vyasram said:
There is no national pride in following a language originated in our country and there is no crime in following a language originated in some place else. English is the global language and that's the way to go coz it'll help ur ecomony and development.
There was a quote by @mail2and......"Dhobi ka kutta na ghar na ghaat ka"!! And how much did English help in green revolution that contributed greatly to "economy and devlopment"?? Did farmers communicate in English that time??

Huh there was another nice quote....."Bhains ke saaamne been bajana".
I wrote these quotes thinking that they might come in handy. Guess I was right!! :D

Last edited:

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Vyasram said:
No country can own a language and no language can own a country. There is no national pride in following a language originated in our country and there is no crime in following a language originated in some place else. English is the global language and that's the way to go coz it'll help ur ecomony and development. U just gotta do that till good translation sw are created.

Imagine the time being wasted by ppl learning two or three languages. Wouldn't the world be beautifuler(don't comment on my English) if there is only one language in this world. A language is meant for sharing thoughts and ideas and not for bluffing over national pride, learn this!

There is more to this country than the mere 2% of the entire population, blindly copying even the accents of others, only to appear "cool", "modern", and "sexy". If it's all fine and dandy following others' traditions and speaking their languages, your nationality ought to be stripped off and your rights - revoked. People like you are more dangerous to the integrity and harmony of this nation than any external threat. You are a slave by heart.

See if you can convince the British, Aussies, Germans, Russians or Japs for the same. Economy, science and development are not dependent on a particular language to flourish. It shows your maturity, and the self-hatred - common among Indians because of 1000 years of slavery. Get over it!

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
^^^
This is exactly what i mentioned , there is no national pride dammit. And english aint sexy or modern, no language is cool or hot. I'm not a slave and i'm not a guy who licks that thing(as someone previously mentioned here abt south indians).

@mediator

our country's agriculture is independent of the language we're usin, but spreading a message would be easier if a nation follows a single language. Think abt improved techniques, most of them wud be in English, and translatig them for the farmers in another language takes a lot of time. Why do ppl use intel/amd pcs instead of going for some new technology created in their own country that is incompatible with the rest of the globe.....
In the end , it all comes to a question of mass-acceptance and global-spread percentage. And which language is that?

@yamaraj
ppl who see dangers out of nothing are the most dangerous? And by supporting English to be the official communication language for our nation, i aint a slave. BTW, are u slave of the Hindi Language

If u think i'm a slave, then you must be a Hindi-slave. Dont talk abt national integrity again in relation with our national language again.

@mav

i'm an athiest and just love India. same way i dont like stuff like national animal,bird,book and watever. Only a national anthem and a flag must be there ( they're some kinda trademark stuff for a nation)

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
vyasram said:
our country's agriculture is independent of the language we're usin, but spreading a message would be easier if a nation follows a single language. Think abt improved techniques, most of them wud be in English, and translatig them for the farmers in another language takes a lot of time. Why do ppl use intel/amd pcs instead of going for some new technology created in their own country that is incompatible with the rest of the globe.....
In the end , it all comes to a question of mass-acceptance and global-spread percentage. And which language is that?
Ur contradicting ur own posts. First u said, english plays an important role in "development and economy" and now u saying as highlighted first part?? Agriculture is the base of Indian economy. I hope u know that. Its like ur saying now that economy and devlopment is independent of language. So please eloborate what u wanna say .......developement being independent of language or dependent on english?? Take ur pick!

About ur second highlighted part........Please learn to give atleast analogous examples!! Ofcors people will buy what is reliable. Ur saying as if Hindi is not reliable. Do u even know how puny English is?? Do u know how short of words and vocablary it is?? I aready explained this before. I dunnu why English supprters r acting so retardedly here. I'm giving proofs here for everything I'm posting and all english supporters are doing here is.........already explained and laughed at before plethora of times!

vyasram said:
But its official and we r debating for national dear.

vyasram said:
ppl who see dangers out of nothing are the most dangerous? And by supporting English to be the official communication language for our nation, i aint a slave. BTW, are u slave of the Hindi Language
Ur getting it wrong! Neways they r not only dangerous, but a threat to national integrity also and are rowdy elements of the society acting like a parasite...analagous to a dengue/malaria mosquito .

Neways for ur hilighted part, thats official again n we r debating on national. Please use ur mind atleast once!! About the slave part, a person supporting his tradition and his roots is not considered a "slave" but a "patriot". A person who neglects his roots and likes to make foreigners happy like in past is obviously considered a "slave" or a "traitor" or "anti-nationalist". Get ur definitions right before using them.

vyasram said:
If u think i'm a slave, then you must be a Hindi-slave. Dont talk abt national integrity again in relation with our national language again.
Its like saying that if I'm intelligent then ur too. How absurd!! Neways does highlighted part irks u and ur team here?? It will irk u again n again until u stop making foreigners happy.

vyasram said:
abt the convincing thing, i aint convincin anyone, i'm just telling my views. once again, the language we use has nothing to do with natonal pride
And polling for non-indian language as national?? does it also has nuthing to do with national pride?? so convincing!

It seems u as well need to refresh ur memory of this debate and read it again!!

Vyasram

The pWnster
wow, still u dont get it, btw the example i stated isn't dumb.
Why should foreigners be happy by seeing this? Once again u'r taking national pride into consideration here, give us a break, do the software u use have anything to do with naitonal pride, do the computer languages u use have anuything ot do with national pride....same way our speaking/writing lang mustn't be a question of national pride?

It wud be better if you discuss how hindi as national language wud be better for the country's development n economy, and how it wud be better than english? No more pride/sentiments....... think what's practical.

itz like this, to be in India, i gotta learn hindi and to go to most foreign countries i gotta learn english, and ofcourse i gotta learn my mother tougue as well, wat a waste of time... if english is made the national language, i dont have to learn three languages, (i gotta learn my mother tongue just like anyone wud) and then english. I heard someone out here sayin ' dont ape the west'.. ... Here are my words for that guy ' by stating china,russia,germany , etc as examples and refusing to mingle with a global language, u'r the one actually aping them.

two languages,one global language practised everywhere, and one mother tongue practised in a locality, simple enough

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
Lol its pathetic people show superiority of English as a language over our very own Hindi. Do you peeps know how scientific devnagari is ?? Tell me a scientific explanation for B coming after A. Why is Put not pronounced same way as But. It doesnt have the evolved way of expression as our languages (mind it not only hindi) has. Aap and Tum clearly shows the distinction with proper respect you reflect for your elders.
There would be another 20 pages long thread sequence if I start explaining superiority of Hindi/Devnagari over English. I feel so pathetic for the people who know so little of the great culture they are part of and the great jewels they inherit right from the birth as an Indian. Devnagari is not just the base of Hindi but also the base of Devbhasha i.e. Sanskrit. It is million times more evolved than any other language of the world.
I need not reexplain things I have already explained before. But I request you guys to look at once within your own originality. The recent developments of 100 years can never undermine your history of thousands of years. I dont give names to language as its our own free will to learn whatever we want , rather I would like myself to have acquaintance with as many language as I could get hand on. But when it comes to National Language, I would certainly discard English any moment in want of something unanimously voted from the vast pool of lingual diversity we possess. The National Language has a lot to do with our identity, development and pride. I am a Proud Hindi Speaker and I also speak many other languages of india and strive to learn many others. I have my deep rooted love for all the languages of India and English too. But English is not my first language and it will never be.

SolidSnake

Broken In
We certainly did not need to be a developed nation (during the golden period of India)...all major scientific, mathemetical, literature achievements were done in those days...we were infact doing pretty good till the English arrived...

Infact limiting Higher Education to English has done a great harm, it has meant that only those who have Proficiency in English are selected and obviously that pool is extremely small.

mediator

Technomancer
vyasram said:
Why should foreigners be happy by seeing this?
Thats why I ask u to use ur brains more often. Its such a pity u ask such a question which is very well understood and very well explained in the past of this thread!!

vyasram said:
Once again u'r taking national pride into consideration here,
Is that irking u??

vyasram said:
give us a break,
I'll give it to u when u'll stop acting like a 'slave'......Neways it only costs Rs.20 i think so i'll give it to u when u talk sensibly and recieve an A+ grade in the intellect test!!

vyasram said:
do the software u use have anything to do with naitonal pride, do the computer languages u use have anuything ot do with national pride....same way our speaking/writing lang mustn't be a question of national pride?
And u say u and ur examples aren't dumb!! Amen!!
Abt the last highlighted part, that is full of English errors, are u asking or telling that??

vyasram said:
It wud be better if you discuss how hindi as national language wud be better for the country's development n economy, and how it wud be better than english? No more pride/sentiments....... think what's practical.
Please dont talk about practicality. Tell me what is the majority of population is : poor or rich?? Tell which language "practically" connects that majority?? Leave S.India coz i can see different opinions from people of S.India, @praka123 says bangalore has high hindi chavinism there! The facts and figures were given by @raaabo (whom u like to read) and @mail2and before and to further find it out why dont u tour India. Sitting all the time in front of pc, doing nothing but surfing wud do u no good dude! Wake in reality and "TOUR" India to get enlightened!

Neways u stated nothing about ur contradictions regarding language's role in "Development and economy". Waiting for ur reply on that.

vyasram said:
ease of understanding, learning, spreading, globalizing, time saving must be one's priority and not pride and sentiments
Ease of understanding?? Most of the English words have "ambigous meanings".
"I like cricket"......can u tell if I'm talking of a sport or some insect??
"You are horrible".....can u tell if I'm referring to an old man or a kid here. ??
Well so much for "ease of understanding"!
Learning?? Whats so learning in english?? ....@planetcall already stated this! Unlucky me!
Spreading......How can it spread like other Indian languages when it contains so many ambigious terms and not at all structurised??
globalizing.....Official, please debate for national!! We are talking only for India as title reads. Please open another thread if u feel like deviating the subject!!
time saving.....Time wasted in understanding the ambiguity of words and figuring out unscientific character of English language!!
So many communication gaps can happen in English becoz of these reasons. I hope u know what communication gap is!!

vyasram said:
itz like this, to be in India, i gotta learn hindi
So u and ur team members here learnt hindi for surviving in India?? So its not like this as u stated!

vyasram said:
and to go to most foreign countries i gotta learn english
Please explain what do mean by foreign?? If US and britain speak only english, then what else can u do? Drag them and make them learn ur local language?? Similarly foreigners who come to India for education in Indian university learn hindi gradually to make them more comfortable here. IS there any problem with that??
Recently I saw a japanese tourist in news communicating in Hindi.

vyasram said:
ofcourse i gotta learn my mother tougue as well, wat a waste of time
Learning is never a waste of time. I pity ur mindset if u even think of like that!!

vyasram said:
if english is made the national language, i dont have to learn three languages,
Why dont u simply leave India then and make ur masters happy in their homeland instead of crying here??

vyasram said:
Here are my words for that guy ' by stating china,russia,germany , etc as examples and refusing to mingle with a global language, u'r the one actually aping them.
ATleast read in what context that guy has brought china,russia,germany in debate before giving out ur haullicinations here!

vyasram said:
two languages,one global language practised everywhere, and one mother tongue practised in a locality, simple enough
Yea, as simple. But i dont know what leaves u & ur team here so confused!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
this thread is going no where .... english is global hindi is indian and now going global .... if its so hard for south indians or any indian to listen and speak hindi .... then u aint indian if u cant respect a language of the nation u live .....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wat fun in replying to dumb threads ... ppl are just opposing for the sake of it ... no reasons to substantiate their claims or validate their opinions

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Vyasram said:
I heard someone out here sayin ' dont ape the west'.. ... Here are my words for that guy ' by stating china,russia,germany , etc as examples and refusing to mingle with a global language, u'r the one actually aping them.
That guy would be me. And take one advice before you make another post in this thread - at least learn to write proper English. Dying for an alien won't earn you any medals. You're wasted!

Vyasram said:
You've voiced your opinion already. Sit down, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom