what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
I can see that 90% here are North Indians posting.so How can I expect a lenient verdict on National/Official LANG.
Hindi cannot be a communication Language for the South.It is not South Indian's pride to believe Hindi as our National/Official Language.There is no similarities between Tamil Nadu and North India.You (Hindi fanboys) people are having the same practicality of British-force an alien language on South Indians.NEVER try to imagine that!.
South Indians are Happy with this two LANGS:their mother tongue + English
Most of the Hindi fanaticism cames from the least understanding of South India.
This is Northerners sadistic mentality that Hindi can be forced on South Indians.ain't you?
You people are purposefully making a mockery here of my posts.
@mav3:
there is a proverb in Malayalam:

"Pattinte Vaal panteerandu kuzhalilittalum Nere Aavilla"
[Dog's Tail put for 1000 years in a pipe also wont became straight]

SO No Use in talking to Hindi fans here.they cant think a better way.
Please Hindi fanatics please go to United States and make Them learn Hindi-Not to Your poor calm peace loving Southerners.Never ever dream to force Hindi as a National language or official language on South Indians.

Why?You cant digest English?always comparing English with patriotism?English is a Universal Language and even Chinese are learning English nowadays for better interaction.I can post my thoughts here in this forum b'coz of English Language.
Dont dream to make Hindi a Universal Language-We Have One already that fits the purpose very well-English.
Sincerely Saying please use ur brains with out partiality-that u r a North Indian who can talk in Hindi.what about you people be forced to learn Tamil?>same is the difficulty for South Indians learning a non-dravidian language.

Last edited:

Vyasram

The pWnster
Enna sanjalum naai vaala nimutha mudiyumaa

Rite on target praka123

@mediator

You still dont get me,
English aint owned by the British, no language is. And it wud be better if u learn ur English first, ( some ppl dont know abt typos)
And yes, learning isn't a waste of time, but learning a language is a waste of time simmply bcoz u dont learn anything from it on the intellect front. Imagine a guy learning a thousand languages and no science/math.

As for the 'foreign' thing. U get pretty good support for English in most nations( more than any other language i suppose)

abt practicality
itz the situation now. Ppl must learn hindi to communicate with one another and learn English to communicate with the rest of the world. Unless u r a literature guy, learning multiple languages is a waste of time.

And please explani what u mean by 'masters'. Once again to emphasize the point, " i aint a slave simply bcoz i follow a different language" . U were talking abt patriotism the last time i mentioned " Hindi slaves" . Praka123 gave u ppl a better name " Hindi Fanboys". Fanboyism is a form of self-indulged slavery.

if its so hard for south indians or any indian to listen and speak hindi .... then u aint indian if u cant respect a language of the nation u live .....

Wow, why dont north indians learn a south indian language them, if its so hard for them, they they aint indian as well

Abt the last highlighted part, that is full of English errors, are u asking or telling that??

There is only ONE error there and that too was a typo. Stop commenting on others English just for the sake of it.

I'll give it to u when u'll stop acting like a 'slave'......Neways it only costs Rs.20 i think so i'll give it to u when u talk sensibly and recieve an A+ grade in the intellect test!!

wow, Mr.Hindi Slave/fanboy is talkin abt slavery. And i dont think itz that cheap.(atleast to get from u as ur defending something just for the sake of it)

Abt the gettin rid of India part, I dont have simply bcoz i dont know a language that is followed in the northern part of my country.

Sorry for missin out last tiem. Economy and development.
Why dont u do everything hindi and goto the rest of the globe and force hindi there? As i said b4 learning mul languages is a WASTE OF TIME, on the knowledge front u dont gain anything ( it's like learning 50000 words without knowing how to use them) One can devote more time to sciece/math/business if he gotta learn only one language. So ultimately it wud help the economy. Give me one good reasn how hindi as naitonal lang wud help our economy

WHO'S CONFUSED HERE?

That guy would be me. And take one advice before you make another post in this thread - at least learn to write proper English. Dying for an alien won't earn you any medals. You're wasted!

Wow, i dont know that you dont know proper English. Dunno wat u two ppl found wrong in mu eng. Being a fanboy wont earn u any medals too. BTW, dont make personal remarks here, read the rules of the fight club ( you can comment on my posts , but not on me) ......and i cant blive u were thinkin that i was standin all this long

and its fanboys who try to ape the british and try to intoduce hindi as the official lang in South india

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
Vyasram said:
And yes, learning isn't a waste of time, but learning a language is a waste of time simply bcoz u don't learn anything from it on the intellect front. Imagine a guy learning a thousand languages and no science/math.

Learning a language is comes in the category of learning only and by your first part of the sentence, learning a language is not a waste of time. Going by your second part, I must say that we here have long been stating to learn a language for communication across the nation. I like to learn Kannada, Bangla not because I want to add to the already vast prestigious literary treasure of these languages but because I want to be able to speak it and able to understand the native speakers. It indeed would be a bliss to know many languages of India.

Vyasram said:
As for the 'foreign' thing. U get pretty good support for English in most nations( more than any other language i suppose)
What is your point ? I have already expressed my adoration for the English as a language. I support that we all should try to learn it. Its already well debated before. I have already posted several times why we cant have English as your national language.

Vyasram said:
abt practicality
itz the situation now. Ppl must learn hindi to communicate with one another and learn English to communicate with the rest of the world. Unless u r a literature guy, learning multiple languages is a waste of time.

Lol thats a pathetic attitude. You live in a country of so much diversity. I dont think you are a literature guy still you can communicate in English and yr malayalam. Learning a language is fun for me and it should be the same for others. Hindi is the most widely spoken language of India so why not learn it ?

Vyasram said:
Wow, why dont north indians learn a south indian language them, if its so hard for them, they they aint indian as well
Give some time to scan through this post. See all my posts and stop repetition.

Vyasram said:
Sorry for missin out last tiem. Economy and development.
Why dont u do everything hindi and goto the rest of the globe and force hindi there? As i said b4 learning mul languages is a WASTE OF TIME, on the knowledge front u dont gain anything ( it's like learning 50000 words without knowing how to use them) One can devote more time to science/math/business if he gotta learn only one language. So ultimately it wud help the economy. Give me one good reason how hindi as national language wud help our economy

WHO'S CONFUSED HERE?
Certainly, Its you. Why should we go to the rest of globe and force Hindi there ? Are you confused with the topic ? Learning a language gives you a whole lot on knowledge front. See how easy it is to communicate with people and get the proper location you are searching for, or you go to a shop it becomes so easy to bargain. These are small practical examples I see daily here. Learning Science/math/business are part of your curriculum and has to be learnt that way only while the languages you want to learn may not be a part of your syllabus but still having a friend with the region of that language, will be sufficient to learn the language. That is how I learn a few things in Malayalam and Bangla. You don't need to be the master of it.

Vyasram said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcall
Lol its pathetic people show superiority of English as a language over our very own Hindi.

and its fanboys who try to ape the british and try to intoduce hindi as the official language in South india

Lol, the quoted text is in context of the lingual supremacy of Hindi over English on scientific basis. Your statement makes no sense to me at all. Give a logical statement which could be replied to. Who is trying to introduce hindi as the national language of SouthIndia ? Are you confused ? I am trying to establish it as the national language of India as a whole.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
praka123 said:
This is Northerners sadistic mentality that Hindi can be forced on South Indians.ain't you?
You've got it all wrong again! I've nothing against the Southern culture, language or people. In fact, we Northerers often talk about your quality of education and the general literacy there. We admire and respect it all.

But, English is different matter. Yes, it's the Global language of education and business. But still, it's a foreign language and asset. We don't control the rules - the English grammar. By embracing an alien element in your life, you lose the control over the rest of your cultural heritage. We already suffer from too much Globalization (the Coke-Pepsi-Pizza-McDonald culture), and even many non-English developed countries are raising the issue.

Besides, if you already accept English as the Global language, there's no sense in supporting it as our National language. You should have proposed Kannada/Malayalam/Tamil/Telugu instead.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Espanol... then everyone will have to learn a new language *img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/hells/nelle/clever6613.gif

mediator

Technomancer
praka123 said:
I can see that 90% here are North Indians posting.so How can I expect a lenient verdict on National/Official LANG.
Get ur calculations correct. The figures are shown in the polling which u imagined being manipulated. Even if we see the current posters, then u,me,planetcall,yamaraj,vyasram are the only one's posting actively. That makes the English-opposers = 60%. Count sujayrao2000 if want to. That makes it 50%. Its neva 90%. And the percentage represents only english opposers and not the entire N.India. I guess I'm the only one from N.India. So u see regarding ur absurd statement, its still lenient.

praka123 said:
Hindi cannot be a communication Language for the South.It is not South Indian's pride to believe Hindi as our National/Official Language.There is no similarities between Tamil Nadu and North India.You (Hindi fanboys) people are having the same practicality of British-force an alien language on South Indians.NEVER try to imagine that!.
South Indians are Happy with this two LANGS:their mother tongue + English
Most of the Hindi fanaticism cames from the least understanding of South India.
Are u out of words now?? Talk something new. U can post it in tamil so that we can ignore the repeated post easily, as we cant understand tamil. :)

praka123 said:
You people are purposefully making a mockery here of my posts.
Its only u who r giving a full fledged show of ur talent. We r just wondering why r u doing that.

praka123 said:
Thats why I tell u guys to straighten ur tails before its all over and whole world mocks at u. Some people just dont like to think from the perspective of whole India.

praka123 said:
Why?You cant digest English?always comparing English with patriotism?English is a Universal Language and even Chinese are learning English nowadays for better interaction.I can post my thoughts here in this forum b'coz of English Language.
Dont dream to make Hindi a Universal Language-We Have One already that fits the purpose very well-English.
Sincerely Saying please use ur brains with out partiality-that u r a North Indian who can talk in Hindi.what about you people be forced to learn Tamil?>same is the difficulty for South Indians learning a non-dravidian language.
Reasons are already given. It seems u dont like to read, and ask pathetically again n again the same thing.

What do u mean by "even chinese"?? Do u think of them as superior to u?? Neways that statement is again regarding official laguage which has already been debated. Please do some brain excercise or yoga and try to understand the meaning of structurisation,classification first before repeating here. Are u really outta words??

Neways I repeat no one's forcing anything! So stop feeling paranoid and please debate sensibly!!

vyasram said:
You still dont get me,
Talk sensibly and we'll get u!!

vyasram said:
English aint owned by the British, no language is.
But it neither originated in India. It is selectable for the title of "official" only not "national".

vyasram said:
And it wud be better if u learn ur English first, ( some ppl dont know abt typos)
A 6th grader flunky telling others what to do?? Amusing!! Neways the list of those people^^ includes u perfectly.

vyasram said:
And yes, learning isn't a waste of time, but learning a language is a waste of time simmply bcoz u dont learn anything from it on the intellect front.
No wonder everyone's mocking u here! Try learning Sanskrit and u'll urself know how much "intellect" is associated with it.

vyasram said:
Imagine a guy learning a thousand languages and no science/math.
He wud be more suited for the role of spy. "James Bond"
Neways, Its like saying "Imagine a guy learning all the concepts in science/math and no languages" . Absurd isn't it?? Neways no person is dumb enough to leave science/math and yet they can learn "1000s" of languages. U learn hindi, it becomes easier to learn sanskrit,bihari,rajasthani, a little punjabi too. U learn one S.Indian language and it becomes easier to learn most of the neighbouring state languages, u learn english and it becomes easier to learn french. Thats how it is. U really dont have to try hard to "learn languages". I dunno what prevents u too see the light and get enlightened.

vyasram said:
Example?? Please learn to give examples. Please give atleast 15 countries where english is not primary language and where people r willing to make English as national language. Atleast name all such countries u can think of!

vyasram said:
abt practicality
Please dont repeat already discussed points!

vyasram said:
And please explani what u mean by 'masters'. Once again to emphasize the point, " i aint a slave simply bcoz i follow a different language" . U were talking abt patriotism the last time i mentioned " Hindi slaves" . Praka123 gave u ppl a better name " Hindi Fanboys". Fanboyism is a form of self-indulged slavery.
And i gave some replies to such "slaves", that they forgot to quote. Why can't english supporters quote each single line of my posts?? U still didnt' say anything regarding ur contradictions regarding language's role in "economy and development"!!

vyasram said:
if its so hard for south indians or any indian to listen and speak hindi .... then u aint indian if u cant respect a language of the nation u live .....
The highlighted part isn't mine. Neways I agree to this post of urs. But S.Indians dont have to support English as "national", it is only suitable for the role of offficial language.

vyasram said:
There is only ONE error there and that too was a typo. Stop commenting on others English just for the sake of it.
Typos are understandable, but not grammatical errors. Neways we r just requesting u guys to be fluent in one language before supporting it completely!! I hope I'm not asking too much from u guys!!

vyasram said:
wow, Mr.Hindi Slave/fanboy is talkin abt slavery. And i dont think itz that cheap.(atleast to get from u as ur defending something just for the sake of it)
I told u to stop acting like an illiterate and told u to get ur definitions right. Its not "Mr.Hindi Slave.fanboy" but a patriot!! No wonder why u fail in ur tests!!

vyasram said:
Abt the gettin rid of India part, I dont have simply bcoz i dont know a language that is followed in the northern part of my country.
Please correct ur english, can't understand if ur reasoning or asking. So many people requested u to improve upon ur english here. But still...??

vyasram said:
Why dont u do everything hindi and goto the rest of the globe and force hindi there? As i said b4 learning mul languages is a WASTE OF TIME, on the knowledge front u dont gain anything ( it's like learning 50000 words without knowing how to use them)
"Do everything hindi" What does that mean?? Correct ur english!!

Why shud I force Hindi there?? We r not even forcing it on paranoid S.Indians!!

vyasram said:
One can devote more time to sciece/math/business if he gotta learn only one language.
But before u said english helps u to learn science/math/business and u cant even communicate in English properly!! So much for the learning!!

vyasram said:
So ultimately it wud help the economy. Give me one good reasn how hindi as naitonal lang wud help our economy
Already replied plethora of times. Read again and jog ur memory!!

vyasram said:
WHO'S CONFUSED HERE?
And u say u aren't dumb.

vyasram said:
Wow, i dont know that you dont know proper English. Dunno wat u two ppl found wrong in mu eng. Being a fanboy wont earn u any medals too. BTW, dont make personal remarks here, read the rules of the fight club ( you can comment on my posts , but not on me) ......and i cant blive u were thinkin that i was standin all this long
Why dont u ask ur fellow masters about whats wrong with ur "English"?? And please...nobody's making personal comments in this nice debate.
raaabo said:
If you voted for English, it’s stupid because over 90 percent of India doesn’t speak it.
Even "stupid" isn't considered as personal comment here u see!

vyasram said:
and its fanboys who try to ape the british and try to intoduce hindi as the official lang in South india
Again an example of how dumb a person can think!!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
praka123 said:
@mav3:
there is a proverb in Malayalam:

ur the dumbest person i hav ever seen in a debate .... but im a little confused who are u reffering to as the dog's tail ... is it me or u .... coz if its me same is for u and if its u ..... then brother u need to take a brak from this thread refresh urself and come back knowing what u type

praka123

left this forum longback
Luckily these hindi fanboys are not yet on the cabinet.
Hindi cannot be a national language unless south India parted as another country.English is better as a Universal Language also as a connecting Language.South Indians are happy with their own language and English.then Why Hindi Mongers force Hindi to them?The Umpteen dumb reasons put forward by Hindi talkers dont hold true in South India.Here in My state kerala,even a farmer can speak simple English arguably,not Hindi.We are Happy With Malayalam+English as a Connecting Language to North India and West.Remember People from my state are working allover the world.Why do they learn Hindi,for going to Mumbai?No,they better can go to Gulf.Freedom Struggle(hence English hatred,especially Panjabis) and Muslim rule are all the History of Northern India's Violent Past.While Kerala stands to the end upto 1956 as a local country(travancore-Kochi and Malabar) and are in Better terms with British.British during dat time helped building lot of infrastructure in Kerala.infact British only Helped Kerala from Tipu Sultan's from killing and looting and conversion to Islam of ppl.SO from earlier times itself We are Happier to learn English as it is a Universal Language.
Similarly Tamil Nadu/Andhra are under British and view violence are seen.
English is a connecting language for All parts of the World.
Now Understand the situation rather standing on your "politically correct solution"-Hindi.
A Punjabi/Gujju etc can have Hindi but not a Tamil. So better soltn will be let the English be National/Official LANG for SOuth India and Goa also North east India.remaining Hindi states can happily Have Hindi as their National Language.ANd NEver teach English In these Hindi fanatic war loving states.

mediator

Technomancer
praka123 said:
Luckily these hindi fanboys are not yet on the cabinet.
Hindi cannot be a national language unless south India parted as another country.English is better as a Universal Language also as a connecting Language.South Indians are happy with their own language and English.then Why Hindi Mongers force Hindi to them?The Umpteen dumb reasons put forward by Hindi talkers dont hold true in South India.Here in My state kerala,even a farmer can speak simple English arguably,not Hindi.We are Happy With Malayalam+English as a Connecting Language to North India and West.Remember People from my state are working allover the world.Why do they learn Hindi,for going to Mumbai?No,they better can go to Gulf.Freedom Struggle(hence English hatred,especially Panjabis) and Muslim rule are all the History of Northern India's Violent Past.While Kerala stands to the end upto 1956 as a local country(travancore-Kochi and Malabar) and are in Better terms with British.British during dat time helped building lot of infrastructure in Kerala.infact British only Helped Kerala from Tipu Sultan's from killing and looting and conversion to Islam of ppl.SO from earlier times itself We are Happier to learn English as it is a Universal Language.
Similarly Tamil Nadu/Andhra are under British and view violence are seen.
Now Understand the situation rather standing on your "politically correct solution"-Hindi.
A Punjabi/Gujju etc can have Hindi but not a Tamil. So better soltn will be let the English be National/Official LANG for SOuth India and Goa also North east India.remaining Hindi states can happily Have Hindi as their National Language.ANd NEver teach English In these Hindi fanatic war loving states.
Talk something new instead of whining again n again!

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
cool down, guyz... as if India is not havin any problems... u r startin a new topic for Indians to fight on... there r more issues... Caste, Kashmir, Unemployment, Quotas, Sex discrimination, Female infanticide, Child Labor... to name a few...

Do somethin about that... then we can look into this problem.

My solution is much simpler ;) make Espanol the national language... then everyone'll b bc learning it... rather than fighting.

Some more choices...
Esperanto, the most widely spoken artificial language.
Chinese, one of the toughest language in the world.
Russian... which is again tough...

But the real official language has to be Java!!! Most of us know Java better than any other language now... thanks to the IT sector. ;-)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
praka123 said:
then Why Hindi Mongers force Hindi to them?
coz other than u most indians understand that language, tht is the only language along with english tht most widely spoken in india if u were deprived of learning it then i feel sorry for u
praka123 said:
The Umpteen dumb reasons put forward by Hindi talkers dont hold true in South India.
and the 1s given by u dont hold true in the restof indiaHere in
praka123 said:
My state kerala,even a farmer can speak simple English arguably,not Hindi.
go to punjab farmers cant speak hindi but rather choose punjabi, go anywhere ppl mostly use their mother tounge
praka123 said:
Remember People from my state are working allover the world.
thr are more gujratis and punjabis in US and UK ..... than S Indians .... u ppl hav a prominent presence only in the gulf ....
praka123 said:
hence English hatred,especially Panjabis
im punjabi i dont hate english but i prefer hindi - the language y this nation is also known hindustan
praka123 said:
We are Happier to learn English as it is a Universal Language.
no 1 is saying stop teaching english .... the dabte is abt 'national language' not which language and which not
praka123 said:
if im not wrong it was ur sounth india which had planned to stop teaching english
praka123 said:
Now Understand the situation rather standing on your "politically correct solution"-Hindi. A Punjabi/Gujju etc can have Hindi but not a Tamil.
same to u
praka123 said:
ANd NEver teach English In these Hindi fanatic war loving states.
we guys can speak english as good as any1 if not better .... and the ppl u calling war loving are the reason y u hav right to freedom of speech, the war loving states are the reason y u r not a slave, the war loving states are the reason y u r enjoying the fruits of ur so called IT boom

harmu.com

Right off the assembly line
english should be indian's national language, why hindi get's the previledge........if you ask for a vote i may for for tamil, and not for hindi.........

planetcall

Indian by heart
harmu.com , i appreciate your point. I would love people to vote for any of the Indian languages rather than going for English. Though, we have to choose one from the Indian languages only , we should put forward credible non-repetitive reasons for our support to that particular Indian Language to be honored as the National Language.
Yes, I agree to above post. As stated before if I am given the opportunity I would like to vote Sanskrit instead of any other language. But in the present scenario, my vote is for Hindi.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i still have to get a valid reason from any S Indian to say tht hindi shouldnt be our national language .... hindi is the closet derivative of sanskrit which is the language of our peers and fore fathers ..... tamil telugu punjabi gujrati marathi are regional languages no 1 is saying tht eithr 1 of them is very good or bad but hindustan ki bhasha hindi hai .... for all my non-hindi farmers who know english better than hindi the translation is the language of hindustan is hindi

harmu.com

Right off the assembly line
is it a must that a country has to have an official national language, india is a country of many languages, how can one language be imposed to other, if i like hindi i read hindi, if i like tamil or bangoli i use that...........why hindi should be imposed on others?

no one hates hindi, but then if hindi is imposed force fully, then people will start hating it..........just think, tamil is very though, but i would prefer to learn tamil instead of hindi, and if india is a democratic country, and i have my fundamental rights, i should be allowed to say that tamil is my national language, why impose hindi on my?
and am not from south..............:mad:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no 1 is forcefully imposing hindi to b learnt ... consider it the national language and then if u wanna learn it then learn else dont .... i live in mahrashtra marathi is compulsory in schooll some how or the other i managed to clear the subject and thts it ... i live my life using hindi and english .... hindi ofr india and english for the world ... simple as that

planetcall

Indian by heart
harmu, you are a fresh stock for this thread. Dont just put yr ideas blindly. Read through the posts. You will find the answer why it is eminent for a nation to have a national language. Hope you wont repeat again.

mediator

Technomancer
harmu.com said:
how can one language be imposed to other,
Similarly like English was imposed on us to learn.

harmu.com said:
why hindi should be imposed on others?
U shud ask ur teachers why were u made to learn English and then u shud go out of S.India, to any other part of India and then ask people why u shud learn Hindi.

Though mind u, I still dont support imposing any of the language on anybody!

harmu.com said:
no one hates hindi, but then if hindi is imposed force fully, then people will start hating it.
Did any one start hating English even though its not Indian??

harmu.com said:
just think, tamil is very though
I dont think any language is tough. Thinking like that, u r only defining the boundaries of ur learning capabilty and only limiting urself!! Why be pessimistic?? I toured thailand for a week and started to understand their language very much in such a short time!! I bet if I stayed there for some more time then I wud have even started to speak it fluently enough!!

harmu.com said:
i should be allowed to say that tamil is my national language
Its ur opinion and I respect it! So please tell ur fellow S.Indians to vote like that and vote for a language that is atleast Indian to be voted for the title of National language!!

harmu.com said:
and am not from south
Hmmm.....I wondered why u included Tamil also!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom