Urgent! Ants in the System unit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

balakrish

Got a whack on head!
Hi friends!
In my System Unit, There is full of ants. I don't know how to solve this problem. Everyday i have to open my System Unit and ONLY can see the ants and what they're doing. I'm really worried, because my whole system is becoming the home of ants. My keyboard also affected. Everyday i have to disconnect the keyboard and kill them :( . My modem and everything is affected. I don't know what to do. They also getting into my hdd. Roaming around my motherboard.Please help me.

P.S: I work 18 hours/day on my pc. i dont know how these ants get into my keyboard even if it is in use. :( Because of this i ordered a vacuum cleaner on ebay. But not yet received.

Use ant killing powder in all corners of your room and around your house. Also, disassemble your cabinet (remove everything like motherboard, HDD etc) and spray mortein or hit. Let it dry for 8-10 hours. Then put the parts back.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
omg dont use vacuum... theres a possibility of damaging components

get a blower instead, should be available at hardware stores

something must have crawled into your machine and died, prolly an insect

if the prolem is really bad, disassemble and re-assemble it like ArjunKiller suggested

OP
balakrish

balakrish

Got a whack on head!
BTW Static electricity from Vacuum Cleaner can kill your PC. :)
omg dont use vacuum... theres a possibility of damaging components

get a blower instead, should be available at hardware stores

something must have crawled into your machine and died, prolly an insect

if the prolem is really bad, disassemble and re-assemble it like ArjunKiller suggested

Should i not use USB vacuum cleaner to clean my PC internals?

Use ant killing powder in all corners of your room and around your house. Also, disassemble your cabinet (remove everything like motherboard, HDD etc) and spray mortein or hit. Let it dry for 8-10 hours. Then put the parts back.

Can i spray? Because i think watery things can destroy motherboard and hdd's. Please help if im wrong..
Thank you.

nbaztec

Master KOD3R
- Static discharge affects electronic components - Refrain
- Repellents might corrode components - Refrain
- Water will not help - Lol

* Disassemble PC, leave it in the Sun for an hour or so. Then clean up using a blower (You might as well clean up dust any way). Make sure weather outside is hot and dry (it is in Delhi).

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
No Sprays and No Vacuum.

I would also say that you should disassemble, Clean and Reassemble PC. Also follow the ant line and use ant powder there and not in PC.

alternate solution is to get this
Giant anteater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have suggested him to disassemble, clean the cabby, apply disinfectant and let it dry completely. and reassemble. and seal all big holes in the cabby.

...or this
Justin Bieber My Worlds - The Collection (Music, Audio CD)

this is a human repeller. but ants might like his song and flood OP's cabby :p

sharang.d

Youngling
Disassemble PC, leave it in the Sun for an hour or so. Then clean up using a blower (You might as well clean up dust any way). Make sure weather outside is hot and dry (it is in Delhi).

This is the simplest and most logical solution. Go for it! Best of luck. NO one likes the heat :D

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@balakrish: did the ants created Antilla?I guess they have nested eggs there to make home...

use the suggestion of disassemble

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Best way to repel ants is to put the stuff (infected with ants) under sun for required time.
Of course, putting a mobo in sun is not advised for long, but even 5 min will do or until you see them leaving your PC. Same applies to other parts.
All the best.

Whatever you do, just don't post a pic!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: if you are not trolling, just put 4-5 naphthalene balls inside your cabinet. Problem over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom