Ubuntu 7.04 'Fiesty Fawn' Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediator

Technomancer
Nope, I'm happy with fedora ....quite accustomed to it now. Freedom is what I needed, but I don't like to spend time in experimenting with distros. Rather its programming and watching movies,streaming clips etc and these days a little gimp too. :razz:

Neways read this *www.potentialtech.com/wmoran/source.php
U'll find plenty like this.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Ubuntu 7.04 'Fiesty Fawn' Using

aryayush said:
Screenshots? A little review possibly?
I am using Feisty from Alpha (herd 5).the main things i found are faster boot(ubuntu uses upstart replacing sysVinit);GNOME-2.18,u can eject from cd/dvd drive tray button(in case if u dont know);thx to gnome-mount;gnome-vfs thus without the hassles of umount.now there is a restricted drivers manager good for wireless card users,nvidia,ati gfx support etc.also is update-manager.though the major disappointment is no new theme.
*iup.in/img/praka123/thumb/Screenshot14.jpg
I am using blubuntu custom theme pkg for my feisty as i really dont like the brown theme much :p
A good review of feisty @ osnews
*www.osnews.com/story.php/17505/Ubuntu-Feisty-Fawn-Desktop-Linux-Matured/

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
mediator said:
Every next Linux OS is better than the previous one technogically and equipped with latest packages with more functionalities, latest kernel giving more hardware support, improved customization, more eye candy, may include technogically advanced latest file systems too..etc. Atleast thats what I have observed.....haven't read their brochures though! ;)

If ur comfortable with Ubuntu 6.10 then stick with it, there's no need to upgrade. Likewise I'm comfortable with fedora 5 and haven't upgraded the distro/updated the packages since then. But yea I'll ofcors go for latest tech. when I buy a new PC, why even bother and waste my time in installing when I'm comfortable with my existing and perfectly working fine distro?

So u see thats the biggest advantage of linux. On old hardware u can put some older distro. But then older kernel doesn't mean weak kernel. Its open source remember that, that it has been tested by millions/billions across the globe with different hardware/platform. Older kernel basically means weak hardware support. So u can put old Linux OS, and can compile the latest software to give u the optimization, as they say the software compiled on ur platform works/runs the best. :cool:
Yawn ahh....
You and your long post :p
I most of the time sleep while reading your posts:D:lol::lol::lol:

freebird

Debian Rocks!
For N00bs,
Perfect setup Ubuntu Feisty @:
*www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_ubuntu704

A mirror for ubuntu feisty @(thx digg.com):
*ftp.heanet.ie/pub/ubuntu-releases/7.04/

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Me now writing from the Ubuntu 7.04 Live session.....

Ubuntu 7.04 come default with Network Manger Installed.....It is blocking my Internet Access,It also block my modem (Huawei MT882) admin page.
After disabling this I able to come here.
though I am wired network via hub and using my modem as 'Router mode' to access Internet and actually don't need any Network Manger, But I want to keep it and run it....

Is there any one facing this kind of problem ?

Possible

Custom User Title
dissel said:

Ubuntu 7.04 come default with Network Manger Installed.....It is blocking my Internet Access,It also block my modem (Huawei MT882) admin page.
though I am wired network via hub and using my modem as 'Router mode' to access Internet and actually don't need any Network Manger, But I want to keep it and run it....

Mmmm, I got the same router you say. No problems at all. Maybe you can try installing it and seeing? Doesnt take a lot of time, just around 17 minutes here.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
dissel said:

Code:
apt-get remove --purge network-manager network-manager-gnome
may help u in that case.those are good for N00bs who dont know nything about networking,IP settings.
remember this may remove some ubuntu-desktop etc pkgs,but that just a blank pkgs.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@~Phenom~, have a look at my new signature, will you! :p

I loved yours, so I decided to do a play off on it. :)

cpyder

CpyderGraphix
@ cyborg47, You got it right here:

*www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_ubuntu704

I downloaded Fiesty Fawn Beta just last week.. 64 bit version and then next 7 days that is till yesterday, on how to get flash working on it.. and today i come to know that final version released..

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I can't download it. The PPC version is apparently not downloadable from any server. What's up with that?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
andy tried torrents? Torrents should be faster these days due to higher number of people downloading ubuntu, whereas direct download will be slower due to the same reason.

eddie

El mooooo
@mail2and: Ubuntu PPC is not officially supported anymore, hence no official ISOs. You can get them from Beta ports section though
*cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/7.04/beta/

@others: Those who wish to see new changes in 7.04 should visit "Ubuntu Feature Tour" section
*www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/704tour

@gx: If you have a processor supporting Virtualization Technology then you should certainly upgrade to Ubuntu 7.04.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom