TUTORIAL: List of Files to be hacked using Resource Hacker!

sid_ashok

Broken In
yaar vishal ek baat batao kahaan se saara maal churaya, site to bata do yaar.

Joking yaar

Anyways Great Great Job

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
When u edit ne file using Resource hacker, it automatically makes a backup of that file with the name "original_file_name_original.extension".

So copy that file on a safe place and in case u want to revert back, simply replace the hacked file with this one!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Yeah!

U can make backup of the hacked files and then u hv 2 options!

Either replace the original files with the backed-up files after fresh installation!

Or direct integrate the hacked files into installation so that u don't need to replace!

To integrate the hacked files read following article:

Compressed Files and ModifyPE

fly2pulkit

Right off the assembly line
can anyone please tell me from where to get this resource hacker is it a software or its simply the registry editor.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
vishal can you suggest me a good place where I can get how to edut various files using resource hacker. Ofcourse I am googling for it but I wan't to know some site, if any that can give me various such tuts.
Thanks a lot and keep up such gr8 work.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I searched & found some links! Hope it'll help u:

*techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5415781.html#
*forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=a5160691ed341324017e97f481d686c3&threadid=236655
*www.rtfm-ed.co.uk/?p=89
*supernova.lokatt.se/hextut.htm
*home.arcor.de/slimshadyxtreme/hilfe/res_hack_tutorial

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U r welcome!

Actually, its a try-n-check s/w. U can edit ne file using resource hacker but first make a backup and then see the changes. If nething goes wrong, u can replace the new file with ur backed-up file ne time :wink:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sure vishal.
Anyways main reason I installed windows is to learn the internals of the OS and this is a fun way to learn it. I don't really have any important stuff in windows anyways.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hey vishal long time u have not uploaded new tweak codes, screenshots .....waiting for those :)

Top Bottom