TUTORIAL: List of Files to be hacked using Resource Hacker!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I'm very busy now-a-days in my MCA final year Project!
And will be more busy in coming 4-5 months...

Though I hv some nice tutorials and will post some of them, as soon as I get time to write them :wink:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hey vishal any idea how to remove ads from windows live messenger. I searched around a bit on google and opened msnmsgr.exe using resource hacker but can't get anything.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Sorry Buddy! But I don't hv Windows Live Messenger installed on my comp, so that I can r&d with it!

But "Quiz_Master" posted similar thing on 2nd page of this thread:

Removing Ads from MSN Messenger

Check that, may be it also works for this version too!

mehulved

Thanks vishal but the trick for removing ads from msn messenger doesn't work on MSN live messenger. I did google a lot for it but no luck so far. Anyways I got some software and am using it for now.
Do continue your good work and post some such good tuts.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Here u go :wink:
I googled today and found following site, which contains a tutorial for removing ADs from Windows Live Messenger:

Remove Ads on Windows Live Messenger (formerly MSN Messenger 8)

mehulved

I saw that link vishal but it only has a software called a-patch which I am currently using. I want to do that using resource hacker ie manually rather than relying on some ready-made software.

netguy

In To The World
I have edited as I want but I can load the changes

At the same time,
how can I edit the System Properties window & Background picture of Shutdown Dialog Box

How can i save the changes

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
To save the changes in the files, u hv 2 options:

1.) Either save the file at some other location, like other drive/folder. And then reboot the machine in DOS mode or neother windows if installed and replace the original file with the edited one!

2.) Disable Windows File Protection service, then u'll be able to direct save the changes in the working file. For this pls read my following post:

Disable WFP Service

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I found one more file today! :)
Actually I wanted to remove the "About Windows" item from "Help" Menu in windows explorer.
So I did some r&d and found the required file :D

Its "browselc.dll" file, which is present in "System32" folder in Windows XP and in "System" folder in windows 98.

Open the file in Resource Hacker and under Menu, u can edit 263, 266, 267 to edit the menus. There r lots of other menus, which u can edit according to ur requirements ;)

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK! Guys
Today I just edited my RUN dialog box and Desktop Context Menu, which look now as following: :)

*img522.imageshack.us/img522/2745/newpicture0cv.jpg

*img522.imageshack.us/img522/3104/newpicture20ue.jpg

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
This is how my new Process Dialog Box looks? :)

*img267.imageshack.us/img267/5999/screenshot1nc.jpg

PS: I tried to make it look-a-like VISTA process dialog box...

Last edited:

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Very good indeed. I request you to give some tutorial on some of the important settings for newbies like me. I am also giving two links to some articles which appeared in pcplus magazine.

*www.pcplus.co.uk/media/pcplus/pdf/176/176.helpdesk.pdf
*www.pcplus.co.uk/media/pcplus/pdf/175/175.helpdesk.pdf

Top Bottom