TUTORIAL: List of Files to be hacked using Resource Hacker!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Attaching the calendar

Open Shell32.dll in Resource Hacker and got:

Dialog -> 1020 -> 1033

In right-side pane, right-click on the Dialog box and select Insert Control and click on the button saying Dec 16 and then OK.

Now u can move it or resize it according to ur requirements!

This can be done in ne dialog box in ne file!!!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OKie, here u go buddy...

Code for the Progress box, which I posted earlier:

Code:
1020 DIALOGEX 20, 20, 266, 160
STYLE DS_FIXEDSYS | DS_MODALFRAME | DS_NOIDLEMSG | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION ""
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS SHELL DLG"
{
   CONTROL 701, -1, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 400, 48 
   CONTROL "", 103, STATIC, SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 67, 170, 10 
   CONTROL "", 102, STATIC, SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 52, 143, 210, 10 
   CONTROL "", 104, "msctls_progress32", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 95, 250, 30 
   CONTROL "", 105, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 80, 250, 10 
   CONTROL "", 106, STATIC, SS_GRAYFRAME | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 135, 266, 1 
   CONTROL "Current file:", 2, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 143, 40, 10 
   CONTROL "", 0, "SysDateTimePick32", DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 177, 65, 80, 14 
}
Just open "Shell32.dll" file in Resource Hacker and nevigate to Dialog -> 1020 -> 1033 and overrite the code with my code...

PS: As u can see there is an extra entry for CONTROL 701 in my code, this is for the PIC, I used in my progress box. So u hv to also add a pic named 701 in BITMAP...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Imagine me standing and clapping....good work.....keep posting those ones dude....thanks in advance

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Vishal have you applied vista transformation pack or are you using vista or have you editied the close button yourself? The close button on your last screenie looks like the one I saw in Vista screenshots.
BTW, nice thread you've made.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Yeah! The visual style is very nice! It totally resembles to VISTA...

I didnt like ne visual style except the Royale but when i got this VS, I hvnt used neother till today :D

alkesh_007

Broken In
query

gr8 tutorial!
I would like to know after applying these changes, if i uninstall the resource hacker, will the original settings be reverted back?
thank u!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
No all the changes will remain intact. Firstly resource hacker isnt installed on your computer. You just have to download the zip file and unzip it and you can start working on it

bshrestha2

Right off the assembly line
hey what's that resource hacker mean.. how can i open that one or use it.... i am just startin my computer

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
bshrestha2 said:
hey what's that resource hacker mean.. how can i open that one or use it.... i am just startin my computer

Than dont use it. Its not for bigginers. There are lots of data in system files.Dont mess with them.

If u still want to know how to use it.
U can get a help file from the link above.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Remove ads from msn messanger 7.5

Remove ads from msn messanger 7.5

Note: this is for the latest version of 7.5, 7.5.0311. You can check your version, by choosing Help > About MSN Messenger from the programs menu.

When you have ResHacker running, follow these steps:

1. Make sure you are not running messenger. Right-click its icon in the system tray, and from the menu select Exit

2. Now you'll need to locate the messenger executable msnmsgr.exe, it will normally be in \Program Files\MSN Messenger\

3. Make a backup of the file. Right-click msnmsgr.exe and from the menu choose Copy. Now right-click on an empty area in the same folder, and select Paste from the menu. The backup will be named Copy of msnmsgr.exe. If you ever want to get back to the original file, simply delete msnmsgr.exe, and then rename Copy of msnmsgr.exe to msnmsgr.exe

4. From the menu in ResHacker, choose File > Open, locate msnmsgr.exe, and open it

5. From the menu, select View > Find Text ... (or CTRL+F) and enter <element layoutpos=top layout=verticalflowlayout(0,2,2,2) padding=rect(2,5,3,2), press Find Next

6. You should now be in UIFILE > 923 > 1033 and you have to replace layoutpos=top with layoutpos=none and delete the rest of the line except the > character

7. The resulting line should thus read <element layoutpos=none>

8. Now press the Compile Script button to compile the changes into msnmsgr.exe

9. When done select File > Save from the menu, and exit ResHacker

10. Reopen MSN Messenger 7.5, now without the ads!

If you want to get rid of the Text Ads in the Instant Message Window too, follow the above steps 1 through 4 and then:
1. From the menu in ResHacker, select View > Find Text ... (or CTRL+F) and enter <element id=atom(adbannercont), press Find Next

2. You should now be in UIFILE > 920 > 1033 and you have to delete id=atom(adbannercont) and replace layout=filllayout() with layoutpos=none

3. The resulting line should thus read <element layoutpos=none>

4. Now press the Compile Script button to compile the changes into msnmsgr.exe

5. When done select File > Save from the menu, and exit ResHacker

6. Reopen MSN Messenger 7.5, now without the text-ads!
The site also has loads of other useful tweaks
Screenies post-edits (my current msn setup):
*img440.imageshack.us/img440/8796/noads2ms.jpg
Behold! No ads!
*img247.imageshack.us/img247/9151/notextads3xf.jpg

mohit

The Hardware Labs
thanx vishal for this amazing tut .. jst one question ..how do u disable the windows file protection in win xp sp2 ???

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Following links will help U:

Disabling System File Protection in Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Installed
Tweaking XP: Windows File Protection and SP2

Top Bottom