Tomb Raider Series Reboot

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Damn.. I need to start playing Tomb Raider series.. Uncharted series started my thirst for adventure games.. Just ordered Tomb Raider : Legend from Flipkart..

Now, patiently waiting for this game..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
anniversary is one hell of a game. levels are really really hard. specially after you get inside the pyramid. even the grapple ring have timers.

gameranand

Living to Play
Zangestu said:
^^I've heard Legend is the longest game in the whole series...
Nah its not that long. Also the game is poorly optimized as compared to other Tomb Raider games but still I liked the story of the game.
abhidev said:
it will release in 2012....damn....thats a very long time of wait......
Yeah and that too fall of 2012 means Q3 or Q4 of 2012. More than 1 year to wait. :(

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
For those who missed Microsoft's E3 presentation, here's what you missed on Tomb Raider:

[youtube]Nyesj1ivQJc[/youtube]

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
anniversary is one hell of a game. levels are really really hard. specially after you get inside the pyramid. even the grapple ring have timers.

:+1: i found it too...even underworld was very easy as compared to it....
mainly the last levels r tough(needs patience & timing & practice)....when
events r time based :-o

gameranand

Living to Play
Hey fellas good News for us Tomb Raider fans. This game won two awards in E3. Best Action game and Best Trailer.
Source

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah gameplay actually looks like a survival game. I mean she is not some kind of hero or anything she is just trying her best to survive this island and get the hell out of there...Also the shaking of screen and all that looks pretty awesome to me.:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
in all TR games you end up in a situation where 1 wrong step = death. & all are kind of survival games. survive to discover new secrets & get out of tricky areas. maybe this one will strip Lara of her guns (replacing with bow-arrow as i told before) & even the trusty grapple (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes but the gameplay is in complete contradiction to previous tr games. You manipulate several objects in the environment as a real person would do.

Lara croft is potrayed here as a real girl who can do out of the ordinary to get her out of any perilous situation but without that "teflon" coating she had in the past titles.

She isn't potrayed here as the great adventurer but a normal female with deep instincts and courage. Expect something radically different here and the developers already showed us a brief glimpse on how the gameplay would be like nn e3 2011.

gameranand

Living to Play
Sam said:
in all TR games you end up in a situation where 1 wrong step = death. & all are kind of survival games. survive to discover new secrets & get out of tricky areas. maybe this one will strip Lara of her guns (replacing with bow-arrow as i told before) & even the trusty grapple
I agree with vickybat on this one. This game is entirely different in previous games there would be something that would destroy the world or Lara had to go to places to find her past and anything. In those games she was well aware that she had to face these things and was well prepared but in this one a girl is stuck on a mysterious island by an accident and she is just trying to survive and escape from this island. She has just one objective "to survive" nothing more.

Top Bottom