Tomb Raider Series Reboot

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nah, she looks more vulnerable IMO. And that besmirched look with scar above nose looks cheap. It's too trite and hackneyed.
It's not THE Lara that we have known all this while. Here's a quote from Darrell Gallagher; Head of Studio, Crystal Dynamics:
"Forget everything you knew about TOMB RAIDER. This is an origins story that creates Lara Croft and takes her on a character defining journey like no other."

So this game will try to explore the roots of how Lara actually came to be. There is a huge article in Gamer Informer's latest issue about the game. She looks young and more rugged. Besides, this is only a concept art, the final look within the game is yet to be seen.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
*img687.imageshack.us/img687/9641/captureiag.jpg

i think she will look some what like this.

Last edited:
OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
She looks awesome and tough...i hope the devs come up with new combat style as the Splinter cell: conviction guys did...something different instead of just gun fights

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i'll miss the grappler for sure :sad:

For me The Tomb Raider character combat movements are stiff....not flexible as AC or POP...hope this new one has some smooth combat moves...

TR isn't about combat but more about adventure & exploration. more like Uncharted -(minus) the combats.

"After a brutal storm destroys the boat she was travelling on, a frightened young woman is left washed ashore on an unknown beach. On her own but not alone she has only one goal, to survive."

Here begins the first adventure for a young and inexperienced Lara Croft in a story which charts the journey of an ordinary woman who finds out just how far she must go in order to stay alive.

Sounds completely new. But there might be few old characters showing up here and there(I guess). This is new Lara(?). Or she might be our good old Lara and might have forgotten the skills she is having because of the accident they have mentioned.

sounds good. now waiting doe the game. BTW, any announcement about the release date? chances are it won't show up until H2 2011.

anyway whatever be, a different gameplay style is always appreciated. something that doesn't feels like a expansion pack.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
For me The Tomb Raider character combat movements are stiff....not flexible as AC or POP...hope this new one has some smooth combat moves...

stiff & not flexible...i dnt think so......they have improved her lot from anniversay part....
she was more acrobatic & flexible in both anniversary & underworld....& the story of latter is pretty good....

to check her flexibilty just hit the crouch button repeatedly....while running...& u will knw how flexible & acrobatic she is.....

gamers loved her adrenaline dodge & head shot kill(true life saver)..& there lots of movements that appreciate her flexibility....like pole jumping,rope-wall run etc etc....

& the prince of persia....acrobatic u r refering is inspired from tomb raider....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ the best jump of TR underworld must be the chimney jump & the half jumps (while swinging, jump at 180degree).

and Lara + Bike = superb experience.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
stiff & not flexible...i dnt think so......they have improved her lot from anniversay part....
she was more acrobatic & flexible in both anniversary & underworld....& the story of latter is pretty good....

to check her flexibilty just hit the crouch button repeatedly....while running...& u will knw how flexible & acrobatic she is.....

gamers loved her adrenaline dodge & head shot kill(true life saver)..& there lots of movements that appreciate her flexibility....like pole jumping,rope-wall run etc etc....

& the prince of persia....acrobatic u r refering is inspired from tomb raider....

I do agree...she did had acrobatic skills but weren't as smooth as they are in AC and POP....also i am talking in terms of combat...though she was so acrobatic as u hv mentioned but this was never much used in combat...as if she was helpless without guns.

And now that this one is going to be based on an island..hope she would be better in hand to hand combat as she is in weapon combat...it has to hv some cinematic exp as the COD and Splinter cell games possess.

TR isn't about combat but more about adventure & exploration. more like Uncharted -(minus) the combats.

I wished Uncharted -2 was available on pc....well i know TR is not all about combat...its abt exploration and adventure...but sometimes it becomes annoying solving the puzzles...

Last edited:

Zangetsu

also i am talking in terms of combat...though she was so acrobatic as u hv mentioned but this was never much used in combat...as if she was helpless without guns.

its is very well used.....only thing needed is practice..for doing acrobatic skills while shooting....& dodging....

well i know TR is not all about combat...its abt exploration and adventure...but sometimes it becomes annoying solving the puzzles...

yup its all about exploration coz lara is an archeologist.....she loves exploration...

patience is needed for solving puzzles.....if u have dat then no puzzle is difficult....

i my opinion the puzzles r not very tough & only thing will annoy u is to try same level more than once....coz u die..die...many times from fall......which
everybody admits is irritating......but sooner or later is achieved...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i my opinion the puzzles r not very tough & only thing will annoy u is to try same level more than once....coz u die..die...many times from fall......which

TR underworld puzzles aren't risky but very very time consuming. true, need lots of patience. many time you have no idea how to solve the puzzle. you need try every trick on the book to solve them.

did you placed & finished anniversary & legend? in anniversary i got stuck at that Mother Raptor stage & didn't tried overcome it.

Zangetsu

did you placed & finished anniversary & legend? in anniversary i got stuck at that Mother Raptor stage & didn't tried overcome it.

I havent played Legend....
The Mother Raptor is the initial boss fight we can say....
ya..the initial stage is jungle stage so confusing......so lots of exploration is needed.....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The Mother Raptor is the initial boss fight we can say....

i know. i read walkthrough & it was mentioned about a lot of boss fight. i did a good decision by dumping that game in favor of HL2 Episode 1 (Episode 2 got corrupted).

ya..the initial stage is jungle stage so confusing......so lots of exploration is needed.....

but Underworld is far far better. now waiting for the new TR.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
There was a time (I was 14-16 back then) and she looked "big" and that was the new "hot" back then but the franchise just went "dull" eventually. They should have just created a new franchise rather than rebooting the old one.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Lara croft has achieved cult status. No other franchise or rather new franchise character can match her.

So developers rebooted the franchise.

And i am a huge tomb raider fan. My first tr game was "tr3 adventures of lara croft" back in PS ONE days (1998). Since then, i have played everysingle tr game, from tr1 infinished business to underworld and lara croft guardian of light.

Surely looking forward to the new and rebooted tombraider.

OP
abhidev

abhidev

Human Spambot
its is very well used.....only thing needed is practice..for doing acrobatic skills while shooting....& dodging....

yup its all about exploration coz lara is an archeologist.....she loves exploration...

patience is needed for solving puzzles.....if u have dat then no puzzle is difficult....

I am not saying they are difficult....m saying they are time consuming and sometimes irritating as she keeps on falling...also sometimes the camera view is not proper....i hope in the new series she doesn't keep on falling from the edges....but hang over the edges

Zangetsu

I am not saying they are difficult....m saying they are time consuming and sometimes irritating as she keeps on falling...also sometimes the camera view is not proper....i hope in the new series she doesn't keep on falling from the edges....but hang over the edges

well TPS has this nasty issue of camera angle.....
the irritating part i've already mentioned....
well in anniversary & Underworld part...she never falls from edges if u do it purposely...coz of auto grab(thanx...) of edges....
only fall is possible while down rope-wall run.....or shorter jump etc....

Btw i loved the Thor Hammer in underworld.....

Top Bottom