• Quake 3 Arena

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDIF

Custom User Title
I hope you enjoyed the COD4 playdate, and those who are blaming me for bad Administration please note that I wasn't even there for playdate, had to go someplace for my Exams.
I gave admin rights to z3ro/staticz3ro as he was most familiar with rcon and other server commands.
Still I am sorry if any of you were kicked/banned or mistreated. Even if not for a playdate I would very much like to play with you guys, I had lots of fun with you on Saturday. Thanks everyone.
I will be happy to join any other game when I return back from Chandigarh to my home. Till then enjoy guys.

d3p

PowerHouse
PM me

if anyone is hosting for Halo *looks at d3p*
either keep it password locked,so that no Mexicans will swarm the server
or just mention the IP of the server here so we can join through "Direct IP"

I haven't spoke to Noas, but i have quite a few ideas to be implemented.

First thing, i will only provide the IP & pwd to people who are enrolled for the next playdate. So no way we can have Mexicans. Also the enrollment might be open till the last hour. So only registered users can PM me or Noas & we help him/her out.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I haven't spoke to Noas, but i have quite a few ideas to be implemented.

First thing, i will only provide the IP & pwd to people who are enrolled for the next playdate. So no way we can have Mexicans. Also the enrollment might be open till the last hour. So only registered users can PM me or Noas & we help him/her out.

lol mexicans....

EDIT :

Anyone with over 50 hours of Halo CE experience please PM ME !

Last edited:
OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
since cod4 , we have decided to make a few changes to the rules of the playdate

1. maps and rules (if any) for games will be decided and announced in advance so no issues crop up later (these cannot be modified later - subject to conditions )
2. Ppl signing up for the playdate must have all the issues sorted out before the final playdate
3. Steam should be the preffered method of communication for any problems ( you can find it in my signature )
4. for people new to the game, will be provided with media on the basics to the game like videos and tutorials
5. once any game has been finalized for the playdate , me or digital_fragger alongwith people who are experienced in the selected game will give a test run and scrutinize for maps and rules which will be most newbie friendly and fun
6. unless it is a test run, an admin will be present all the time either in game / monitoring from console (for the official pd. if not possible hand over rcon to someone else) IT is absolutely necessary that if server supports rcon, to pass it to the other players if the admin is not there
7. have fun :)
8. stay frosty ;)
9. i'm an *******.

@digital please update this on the main page.

Pm me on steam

as this playdate is for tdf members and most of us do not have a good internet connection (which now seems to be the only source of games) 80% of the games will be under 1.5GB / some exceptions will be there when downloads will be as big as 12GB :) [ this will be informed in advance, so people having 256kbps speeds can also participate]

we need more participation, so guys keep it coming :)
will do.. ;

How to download ?? It is not available on steam.:( ;(

Great where can i get Halo :)

Join playdate steam group, we'll keep you updated.

d3p

PowerHouse
Guys the COD4 MW server is still working as desired. If some one wish to play, please come online...

Fun Unlimited...

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
HALO NOOB GUIDE(sort of)
On Foot------Keep firing and spamming grenades(especially when facing vehicles) and jumping.pickup health packs(white boxes with a red + on top,mostly in your home base)
Weapons----there are two kinds of weapons UNSC and Covenant
UNSC weapons include the normal weapons you are equipped with when you spawn(Assault rifle,Pistol)
other weapons include a Rocket launcher and Sniper rifle and shotgun
and also FlameThrower :twisted:
These weapons can pickup ammo,and need reloading
Covenant weapons are the weapons which the aliens use
Plasma rifle one is always present in our base,its the standard assault rifle used by covenant,fires blue plasma bullets, does not require ammo and reloading,once you've exhausted the Battery,you have to pickup another plasma rifle
Plasma pistol a pistol which shoots green bullets hold LMB for a charged shot which has high damage
does not require ammo and reloading,once you've exhausted the battery,you have to pickup another plasma pistol
Needler a gun which shoots slow purple homing bullets which stick to your enemy and detonate
This weapon can pickup ammo and uses ammo
Fuel Rod Gun--a kind of Cannon,it shoots green "Fuel Rods" which do a lot of damage
does not require ammo and reloading,once you've exhausted the battery,you have to pickup another Fuel Rod

Grenades
Frag grenades: your standard grenade
plasma grenade : a grenade which sticks to enemies,vehicles etc

Power Ups
Active camouflage: (A transparent pyramid like object with a blue sphere inside,run over it to gain AC) Drastically reduces the player's visibility for approximately 45 seconds, making all but a faint outline of him transparent. This effect is reduced or void if the player is holding a flag or skull (in multiplayer), hit by weapons fire, fires their weapon, or when time runs out.
Overshield: (A transparent cube like object with a purple sphere inside,run over it to gain Overshield)An enhanced, non-regenerating shield which is two times, (three times on enemies) the strength of the normal one. The overshield functions on top of the regular shield; when it is active, the normal shield does not take damage. In the single player game, the overshield is reduced only when the player is hit, while in the multiplayer game, it weakens gradually over time. One fully charged Plasma Pistol shot can take out the overshield and regular shield entirely. Additionally, while the over shield is charging, the player is completely invincible against almost every type of damage. The player can still be killed by assassination, however.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicles
Warthog - A UNSC Light Reconnaissance Vehicle. The Warthog is equipped Gatling gun turret OR a rocket launcher turret
it can seat three players(driver,side-seat,Gunner) this is the most unwieldy vehicle possible.Take a gunner with you if you plan to rush the enemy base for CTF
Scorpion - A UNSC Main Battle Tank. It has a powerful cannon mounted on a turret.It also has a machine gun apart from the main cannon. 2 players can sit on the tank,apart from the driver
both the main cannon and machine gun are inaccurate at medium to long range distances.
Ghost--A covenant Hover-bike? equipped with 2 rapid-fire plasma guns,the fastest land vehicle with good maneuver-ability,seats 1
And my personal favourite
Banshee - A Covenant Aircraft(more like a VTOL). Very maneuverable. Armed with two plasma cannons and a fuel rod cannon. The Banshee's armor is strongest in front and very weak on the sides and back
Vehicles in multiplayer CANNOT be permanently destroyed,you have to kill the driver of the vehicle,after which you can hijack the vehicle :twisted:

Stationary Turrets---shoots purple bullets,a good anti-infantry and anti-banshee weapon
to kill a guy on a turret throw plasma grenades on it

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I cant just create a new thread just to invite people .. what should I do? pm everyone individually..if they wanna join in or not ?

CommanderShawnzer*
Any ideas how to make it work with 1600x900 resolution ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I found a FOV hacker which is REALLY beneficial for those with widescreen monitors..
Just google it you will find it

wanna do a quick halo matchup anyone ?

OP
D

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
I cant just create a new thread just to invite people .. what should I do? pm everyone individually..if they wanna join in or not ?

CommanderShawnzer*
Any ideas how to make it work with 1600x900 resolution ?

well, np. u may continue the discussion during normal weekdays. limit the discussion to playdate game during weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom