ThinkDigit Forum - bugs, suggestions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Argghhh...i still have this prob & can't post the query...What is going on??I never used to have any such problems with digit forums...so u are saying changing browsers would make it work??Damn i really wish i did not have to install other browser just for the digit forums since i already have chrome,FF & IE..but ahh well..will try...
@ico...thanks a lot..will see..if i can't get this to work on opera too..then will post u the message for the thread...

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so finally it worked in opera...but still am hoping that the team fixes the issue at the earliest...would be a lot convenient then....Thanks for the suggestion...@ico & karanth85..thanks again...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
so finally it worked in opera...but still am hoping that the team fixes the issue at the earliest...would be a lot convenient then....Thanks for the suggestion...@ico & karanth85..thanks again...
which version of firefox u r using.....???
i m using v3.6 & i hope this bug is not there in v4.0

hey but u can post in quick reply...in firefox....

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
which version of firefox u r using.....???
i m using v3.6 & i hope this bug is not there in v4.0

hey but u can post in quick reply...in firefox....

i am using v3.6.8..but yes i can post in quick reply,cannot open new threads..is it only me facing this problem with fire fox or do others also face similar problems?

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ok. In order to form a standard approach for this, and prevent me from chasing wild geese, I suggest the following:

At least 3 users have to be able to recreate a problem using the specified parameters.

Let's take this 10 character bug now as an example. I suggest you check what your "Message Editor Interface" setting in your usercp > options is, also, after clearing cache and cookies, tell us which browser it happened in (name and version), what OS are you using, and any procedures you followed to get the error. In case you're using the neat digit mod, try disabling it and see if the error goes away. Also try with a different browser, and tell me if this happens in all browsers or just one. Waiting for 3 people to respond with this data.

My data:

Attempted in Opera 10.61 | Chrome 5.0.375.127 | IE 8.0.7600.16385
Result: Cannot recreate 10 character error.

Account setting for all IDs I tried with are set to the default:
Message Editor Interface - Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Raaabo: Clearing the Cache/Cookies is not resolving & also the OS type...
this issue is related to browser....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Raaabo, the error only comes when you use "Enhanced Interface-Full WYSIWYG Editing" option for ur forum editor.

Does not come for standard editor.

For the Quick Reply, the editor is by default "Standard Editor" but a lot of us here use "Enhanced Interface-Full WYSIWYG Editing" editor hence such problems faced.

IMO, it won't matter which browser or OS someone use.

testregistered

Right off the assembly line
hmm testing with standard editor

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

testing with enhanced editor

testauthorised

testing with enhanced editor (IE)

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

testing with standard editor (IE)

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

testing with standard editor (IE)

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Still cannot recreate the problem from Chrome, Opera or IE. Now I'm going to have to install buggy firefox just to test this silly thing :D

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
/me runs around the room beating everyone with a 10 char stick

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I give up!

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

how about we all stop using FireFox ;)

testauthorised

Testing in FireFox... quick reply

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Testing in ff from post reply

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

OK now I officially give up... worked in ALL 4 browsers for me :(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me try in FF though I'm a fanboy of opera :p

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Testing using FF 3.6.8 - just installed a fresh copy and have not installed any addons and have not changed any settings.

BTW, posting using WYSIWYG mode

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Test succeeded without any errors using FF 3.6.8 - have a nice day :p

---------- Post added at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

Posting again from my good old opera 10.61 and the OS I'm using XP SP3.

Test results :

The 2nd and 3rd line was posted using FF 3.6.8. - success !

The 1st and 4th line was posted using opera 10.61 - success !

Posting test completed without any errors on both browsers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom