ThinkDigit Forum - bugs, suggestions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am facing the 10 char problem again. It has been a few days since I have been logged in though. This time I also tried clearing cookies; it didn't work.

*img34.imageshack.us/img34/8360/screenshot20100817at405.th.jpg

*img444.imageshack.us/img444/8360/screenshot20100817at405.th.jpg

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Applying Punitive action to a spammer i.e. Deleting all his posts at once takes a lot of time and I face MySQL errors while doing it sometimes.

testauthorised

Right off the assembly line
testing in chrome

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

testing in ie

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

finally i got the error in IE 8, will look into it now and try and figure it out...

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

testing a quick fix

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

seems to have worked, request members to confirm...

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Testing in opera, which was working anyway, but testing to make sure not broken something for other browsers when attempting to fix for IE...

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Hmm, Ajax for quick reply seems to have been broken some time ago though... will look into that as well...

Gauravs90

geek........
Testing if it's working

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

its working for me now on firefox

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I m getting this 10chars error in firefox....but in quick reply it is posting...
even this message is posted from quick reply.

arian29

In the zone
I keep gettin this message>>> The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters. , what ever amount of words i type i cant post :( . its happenning in hardware QnA section

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today morning got two types of errors :

1 : Database error
2 : Could not connect to the remote server

RBX

In the zone
I've been trying to submit a thread in ISP Discussions section with body of quite a few lines and this is what I'm getting -

" 1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

The body contains 1103 characters, so I have no idea on how to overcome this message.

EDIT: Looks like this kind of error has already been discussed here.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Is the 10 chars bug solved or not???

Note: I have obeserved that the 10chars bug is happening frm fireox & not from
Opera 10

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Please test and tell me if this problem continues... Please empty ALL browser caches and cookies before doing so. I've switched back to the legacy vertical postbit top see if that helps.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok thats better. :)

But is there anyway of preventing these spambots to register at all? I mean 90% of the new users registering on the forum are bots.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Ok let me look into that... if they're humans registering and then giving login info to bots, or actual humans posting and spamming, then no I can't do anything. Something tells me we'd have 8726340857613456 users if automated bots had found a way through our defenses... these are humans.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, there are humans too but most are automated bots from what it seems as they all spam in the same way and return everytime after getting banned. Humans don't return immediately.

For example, you see this guy: Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Tech Discussion Forums in India - View Profile: nopq263 I had banned him many days ago and I see him always trying to reply to the same thread when I check "Who's online."

*img594.imageshack.us/img594/618/screenshot20100830at335.jpg

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
been trying to open a new thread in hardware q & a & all it comes is that 10 character or more error even though it was wayyyy more...but able to reply via quick reply...the annoying part is when i have written a huge post for help,after submitting everything gets wiped out except the thread name..it is very annoying...been trying this for the past 15min....cleared my cookies/history...everything..yet the prob..tried both on ie & FF..though i use FF more...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ well...try Opera. Opera browser | Faster & safer internet | Free download Thats the only thing I can suggest.

Send me the content of your post if it's urgent. I'd create a thread for you.

Zangetsu

been trying to open a new thread in hardware q & a & all it comes is that 10 character or more error even though it was wayyyy more...but able to reply via quick reply...the annoying part is when i have written a huge post for help,after submitting everything gets wiped out except the thread name..it is very annoying...been trying this for the past 15min....cleared my cookies/history...everything..yet the prob..tried both on ie & FF..though i use FF more...
which browser u r using....
try opera 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom