ThinkDigit Forum - bugs, suggestions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Also URLs don't display correctly.

copy thread URL gives this.

Code:
 *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148076

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Infected by Virus from TDF.

What actually happened:
I was browsing on TDF. And I encountered this warning page, when I tried to open LOL PICS thread.

*i.imgur.com/bET4i.jpg

What I did:
I did what most of people do. Ignore the warning, and continued browsing. Soon strange things started to happen.
First Internet Explorer tried to open. But I closed it down.
Second, Chromium got shutdown. I felt suspicious.
Next, I checked that the Task Manager got disabled, which was a perfect sign that a malware had infected my system.

I immediately disconnected from net. Stated PC in Safe Mode. Installed Avira Free Antivirus. Did a quick scan. Quarantined the 14 infections which were detected, of malware named, TR/Spy.Web.H and JAVA/Exdoer.ED. And restarted PC in normal mode.

Now Task Manager is enabled, and PC seems back to normal.

I tried to visit that LOL thread again, and encountered same warning (posted above). This time, I think it's safe NOT to overlook the warning. :|

PS: I thought to create a thread titled, "VIRUS FOUND from TDF!!!!!! :( NooOooooo". But stopped my temptation, since it seemed too drastic.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Check again, your PC may already be infected!
But not if, you are on Linux. :|

I'm surprised, since I thought Chromium and variant browser worked on sandbox model. So couldn't infect PC. But guessing I was wrong. Big time.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check again, your PC may already be infected!
But not if, you are on Linux.
:|

I'm surprised, since I thought Chromium and variant browser worked on sandbox model. So couldn't infect PC. But guessing I was wrong. Big time.

Not really, everything is fine mate. ;)

Oh, and I am on Vista in this lappy. :D

clmlbx

Technomancer
any one noticed, No text shown under Quote tags

until afternoon all was good but I checked now and ..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@climbx
no mate. You mean posters name gone missing or complete text? If complete text then i donot see it :(
for name it depends whether you have entered or not when copying manually.

clmlbx

Technomancer
now this looks fishy.. Is it happening for me or what?

Image is too big so posting link..check that image to see what I am getting on my page

*i42.tinypic.com/4h9no6.png

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yes, that is a browser broblem. I was getting a lot of this in my Chromium browser.
With the current version, (17.0.954.0 (Developer Build 111694)), it seems it has gone.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Why isn't there a reply button in the visitor message, in order to reply to a visitor message, visiting the member's profile and posting from there is too tedious.

@mods, is there any infraction system for the ones who violate forum rules ??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@CA50, Check the "View Conversation" link on the right hand side of each message. Just click that and you'll be redirected to conversation page where you can reply.

Yes we have infraction system.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ thanks mate.

Can you explain how the infraction system works here?
Lately i have seen number of post which violates forum rules in some way or the other, i think infraction can be used to control this.

Just a suggestion

J

Joker

dont know why you are much conerned. infractions are between the member and the moderator. moderators infract when it is necessary.

from what i have seen...moderators over here infract you but dont infract left-right-and-center which is seen in other lame forums out there. usually you'll get a holiday for few days. i have received many.

my job is to report which i do properly. action is in the hands of moderators. they know better than us.

i dont report much but whenever i have reported..my reports have been addressed fine if my report is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom