The Windows Mobile Thread

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

connected my omnia w to zune today... says 8107 is the latest update.. strange :|

has anybody got tango using the standard method?

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Tango 8773 has been made available to WP's. it has some fixes for mms and some other bug fixes
We'll get 7.8 after wp8 launch

sujoyp

Grand Master

my os version shows 7.10.8107.79 soo am i yet to update 8773 or already updated :)

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

You are on 8107, 8773 is tango, you should get it soon
Btw, which phone do you have?

sujoyp

Grand Master

i have omnia w ...will check for the update...havent connected to pc for long time

kaudey

Journeyman

Ok..I am tired of my painfully slow galaxy pop now. Planning to get a windows phone. I have come to the WP forum because I want to be convinced that jumping the platform will be really worth. I am really comfortable with android now and would have bought an ICS device if the price wouldnt have been so high. Now, why I want to dump my current phone:

- Painfully slow, even without a lot of apps
- ridiculously low battery life (a little more than 1day; I have to carry an extra battery)
- Mediocre music and bad screen
- Maps and GPS drains off the battery within a short time

I would like to know:
- how the performance is of the currently available devices (Nokia710,800,Samsung Omnia W only)
- how is the battery life
- which has got better music
- how much difference will I get in a TFT, AMOLED and an S-AMOLED display
- Is there anything that Android can do and WP cannot?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

:facepalm:

Dude... there is a huge list of things which a WP7 phone can't do, and which an Android can.
We already had many discussions (aka fights) over it. You will find threads if you search a little. I request not to ask this particular question here, since it would be really off-topic to discuss them here. :)

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

I would like to know:
- how the performance is of the currently available devices (Nokia710,800,Samsung Omnia W only)

Performance is something in which WP is better than android. No lag at all . beautiful and smooth ui.

- how is the battery life
again better than android
- which has got better music
this depends on the phone
- how much difference will I get in a TFT, AMOLED and an S-AMOLED display
depends on your needs. some people are ok with tft . but 800's amoled and omnia w' s-amoled definitely look better
yes. if you want a PC replacement then android should be your choice. but as a smartphone WP is perfect.

pmkarun

Broken In

Hi All,

Sugget some good apps and games for Nokia Lumia 710 :)

Hi All,

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

I have a very noobish doubt regarding WP: Is google maps available for WP (7, mango and upwards)?
If not any chances it'll be available soon?

PS: I love WP, but I love Google maps too. when I ran a google search, the results were inconclusive. There seem to be some third party apps that bring the GMaps functionality to WP, but the app refused to install from google's official page.

On a related note, how good is Nokia maps for intra city navigation (Bangalore if possible) as compared to Gmaps (not the routing feature, I'm just concerned with the quality of maps. i.e., details) ?
Any info will be greatly helpful. :)

reniarahim1

Youngling

Nokia maps is one of the best navigational software and i found it better than google maps.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Gmaps is available which uses google maps. So you can buy WP without worrying about maps
I'm using gmaps everyday. Btw, Nokia maps are good at least in delhi

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Thanks a lot for the prompt responses :)

@ssk: Does nokia maps have comparable detail level? especially the bus stops (thats the one that bothers me the most)

Anyways I guess its a redundant question now that I know I can use google's maps on WP. Waiting for the WP8.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Hi All,

For games i would suggest galaxy rush, line birds, line runner , squirrel and Unite

For apps

adobe reader, bookmyshow, connectivityShortcuts, Economic Times, Facebook,Flashlight XT, Free Speed Test,Hindi Viewer, IndianRail, LinkedIn, Outsider, RSS Central, SkyDrive, Skype, SoundHound, Twitter, UC Browser, WPirc, yapf and Zite

Hope this suffices :)

Thanks a lot for the prompt responses :)

@ssk: Does nokia maps have comparable detail level? especially the bus stops (thats the one that bothers me the most)

Anyways I guess its a redundant question now that I know I can use google's maps on WP. Waiting for the WP8.

maps.nokia.com , check it out , i can see lots of bus stops in bangalore

guys what twitter app do you'll use? the baked in version or Twitter for WP or any other?

talkingcomet

Dragon Reborn

Try this app called 627.AM
*www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/d19a5abb-3f65-490a-98bc-c11e278dfddd

Top Bottom