The Windows Mobile Thread

reniarahim1

Youngling
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

Time to revive this thread again. Samsung has announced the WP8 based smart phone ATIV S.
Below are the specs:
4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display (Gorilla Glass 2)
1.5GHz dual-core processor
1GB RAM
8-megapixel rear cam (1.9-megapixel front)
16GB/32GB options.
Additionally, both will have slots for microSD expandable storage, and come with a 2300mAh battery.

reniarahim1

Youngling

WP8 Phone HTC Accord- WP8 MSM8960 leaked.

Link

Few of the specs
1.5 Ghz Dual Core
8gb/16gb
HD Screen 720x1280
Camera 8mp
NFC support
microSD card support

ajaymailed

In the zone

Time to revive this thread again. Samsung has announced the WP8 based smart phone ATIV S.
Below are the specs:
4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display (Gorilla Glass 2)
1.5GHz dual-core processor
1GB RAM
8-megapixel rear cam (1.9-megapixel front)
16GB/32GB options.
Additionally, both will have slots for microSD expandable storage, and come with a 2300mAh battery.
you see these are the kinds of specs that i want to hear in high end phone and without any restrictions, it should go all the way to satisfy consumer in every way unlike the previous gen windows phones. Microsoft did a good thing by removing restrictions on hardware.
Looking at those specs, it feels like Windows Phones may be serious candidates for competition. What they require more is lots of app developers & bringing the best hardware out from as many as mobile makers in different price segments competing with Android

sujoyp

Grand Master

What about WP 7.8 update .....any news guys?

I would like some new changes in Windows Phone

1. option to see icon in list view and grid view as well
2. Bluetooth transfer
3. Better music player
4. more live tiles applications

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Nokia Testing Windows Phone 7.8-Based Lumia 610 Successor

this is bad. no WP8 mobiles at cheap price. 7.8 hardly solves any of the problems or fixes the limitations.

sujoyp

Grand Master

but dual core handsets price have gone down to around 15k (cheapest ) ...soo wm8 handsets should also start from 17k max

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here

Oy 15 k is not cheap bro, we're not USA :)
It has to be 9k to be cheap here

sujoyp

Grand Master

@ssk :p u have a point ....only samsung can put a dual core under 10k ...lets wait...or may be we will have a nokia S40 dual core :D under 10k

maybe wp8 tango will launch very soon...which will be cheap

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

wp8 is dual core, how can they be sold cheap... maybe in 2013

WP8 supports dual core that means it supports single core too. and if they restrict single core mobiles to WP7.8 max, it'll be like saying Android 2.3 for single core. 4.0 for dual core. peoples will get one more reason to join Android party.
or maybe they want to reserve WP8 for the very best. But this will only bring confusion to the masses.

or may be we will have a nokia S40 dual core :D under 10k

this idea maybe is ticking inside Nokia's think tank already. Worlds Fastest dualcore Smartphone powered by Nokia S40. dafuq.

sujoyp

Grand Master

I will have to use a better android device then ICS enabled Micromax funbook to get impressed.....Funbook lags like hell even if i play music in background while playing game...its buggy...crashes apps...wrong battery indicator...its just usable..if this is what android is then :( ....Funbook and my omnia W have almost same specs I think.

My Omnia W never ever lags...all the apps r soo smooth...interface itself is very simple...never crashes ..

BTW i could not set static IP in my phone (Omnia W) ...anyone could find any workaround for wp7.5

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

for static ip , i think so you have to be on build 8779/8773 or build 8779/8773 + registry hack cause static ip functionality is available in 8779/8773

WP8 supports dual core that means it supports single core too. and if they restrict single core mobiles to WP7.8 max, it'll be like saying Android 2.3 for single core. 4.0 for dual core. peoples will get one more reason to join Android party.
or maybe they want to reserve WP8 for the very best. But this will only bring confusion to the masses.

come on bro i know that much that if it runs on dual it can run on single too :) but it's about the hardware restrictions of microsoft , they might remove the restriction but current plan is wp 7.8 for 10k phones

sujoyp

Grand Master

registry hack hmmm....btw they gave this feature to tango which is said to be strip down version of wp7.5

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

It is not a strip down version, it has more features than mango. Tangos code has just been reworked so that it can run on 800mhz and 256mb ram

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

will the old lumia price fall after the 8 launch ? :pls: :pls: :fingercrossed:

reniarahim1

Youngling

yes they will fall surely....820 looks cool...wonder what will be price in india. hope its priced in around 20k.

Top Bottom