The Windows Mobile Thread

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

why the hell did samsung kill omnia w and release the stupid omnia m... greedy idiots

sujoyp

Grand Master

OOh and its specially for india...the only good thing is WM 7.5 Tango and 4inch screen ...remaining all r less or equal to Omnia W

Are they planning to ignore omnia W for WM 7.8

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Tango is available for Omnia W so how is it a plus point for omnia m?

omnia m has nothing going for it, it's just to fool people, slower cpu, less ram, lower ppi screen

and dont worry about 7.8. All WP7 handsets will get 7.8 because the update will come directly from microsoft, no carrier or manufacturer has an option to block it like android :p
Omnia W will get WP7.8.
7.8 will be released after the WP8 launch so we should get it in Dec or Jan i guess

yes they will fall surely....820 looks cool...wonder what will be price in india. hope its priced in around 20k.

naah not happening it will be 25k+ , it's got krait

Mid-range Nokia WP8 Lumia phones said to arrive in early 2013

It is said to have a 4.3-inch display, 1GHz dual-core processor, 512MB of RAM, 8GB internal storage capacity and a microSD card slot

This just might be the phone for me.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

was trying to buy a game squirrel ... got this error code 805a01f4

anybody else faced this issue? i'm not being able to make purchases

sujoyp

Grand Master

Tango is not available for Omnia W .....I have recently updated my phone...its current version is 7.10.8773.98 ...I donot find tango features there

sujoyp

Grand Master

LOL thanks I didnt know that....I want to set static IP to use company wifi...but still its in dynamic mode...not able to change

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

GUYS.. does SBI International VISA Debit Card work in the Windows Phone Marketplace?

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

If your card has Valid through date ie. expiry date then technically it should work.

nseries73

Journeyman

Can anybody tell me whether windows 8 allows transfer of file between different phones, laptops tabs etc via bluetooth ???
(this feature wasn't available on previuos windows OS (neither 7.5/7.8))

Last edited:
OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

It will be available with WP8 and it will also be available with WP7.8 according to Nokia.

I really dont understand why people need BT transfer....(except for pirating music)
Mailing is so much simpler + FASTER!

nseries73

Journeyman

It will be available with WP8 and it will also be available with WP7.8 according to Nokia.

I really dont understand why people need BT transfer....(except for pirating music)
Mailing is so much simpler + FASTER!

y not have the feature when u pay such a lot for something, sometimes impt doc or images are reqd to be transferred for work purpose, and music, who is going to wait for so much time to transfer a song

shehjadi

Broken In

• A new Start screen look and feel, familiar from Windows Phone 8, giving you a whole new look the moment you unlock your phone
  • Ringtone maker app to selected markets to create a personal ringtone
  • Contact share app updated to support sharing over Bluetooth in addition to SMS and email
  • Bluetooth file transfer to send media files via Bluetooth from your Lumia device to any other phone

Great times ahead for all Nokia Lumia smartphones – Nokia Conversations : the official Nokia blog

sujoyp

Grand Master

No bluetooth transfer saved me a lot of time ..some people just love to copy wallpapers and songs from every phone they see :p

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

y not have the feature when u pay such a lot for something, sometimes impt doc or images are reqd to be transferred for work purpose, and music, who is going to wait for so much time to transfer a song

mailing docs and images is also simple, and anybody who owns a 15k phone these days definitely has a data pack

reniarahim1

Youngling

nokia silently launched lumia 900 in india for 32999. Its too costly for an outdated phone with outdated OS. Its available in flipkart.

reniarahim1

Youngling

HTC Revealed the WP8 Phones. Below are brief specs:-

HTC Windows Phone 8X
720 x 1280 pixels, 4.3 inches
Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset (2 Krait cores clocked at 1.5GHz)
Adreno 225 GPU
1GB of RAM
8MP Camera
2.1 MP Secondary Camera
1080p video with stereo sound
16GB Internal + Micro SD Expandable
Beats Audio

HTC Windows Phone 8S
Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset (1GHz dual-core Krait processor)
Adreno 225 GPU
512MB of RAM
4GB internal storage + MicroSD card slot
4-inch capacitive Super LCD of WVGA resolution (Gorilla Glass protection).
5MP camera (F2.8, 35mm lens) with LED flash
720p video recording and dedicated camera key

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

looks like 8S is designed with a sub 25k pricepoint in mind. But looks surprisingly bad cause of the bottom colour band. Tried to copy Xperia's design. Failed miserably.

HTC Windows Phone 8S
Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset (1GHz dual-core Krait processor)
Adreno 225 GPU <--- Adreno 305
512MB of RAM
4GB internal storage + MicroSD card slot
4-inch capacitive Super LCD of WVGA resolution (Gorilla Glass protection).
5MP camera (F2.8, 35mm lens) with LED flash
720p video recording and dedicated camera key

corrected.

sujoyp

Grand Master

Why 512 MB RAM ...it will lag with wp8 on that...I thought the minimum specs r fixed :)

Top Bottom