The Windows Mobile Thread

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: The Windows Phone Thread

It is available these days for around 17-18k, so considering that and and the brand value its a very good windows phone.

it is , but the problem is that htc does not market it, so it is not at all popular

pmkarun

Broken In

Hi All,

Ordered Nokia Lumia 710 @ 10.4K using coupon in HomeShop18.com

Please comment whether its worth or not

reniarahim1

Youngling

Few of the leaked features of Windows 8 Appolo:

- Skype integrated
- Nokia Drive 3.0 (for Nokia only)
- New camera UI
- Native data monitor with live tile

pmkarun

Broken In

Hi All,

Please suggest some good apps and games for my lumia 710!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rajan1311

Padawan

any idea if existing phones will get the update?

I Hope it has,
-> SD Card support
-> USB Mass Storage support

I so do hope it has that, but 99% sure they dont...at least when it comes to mass storage support...they will not kill the whole 'zune' integration...which frankly, is irritating...

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

so current WP user get WP 7.8 . with all the talk of no upgrade to wp8 i feel happy :D

We get the new start screen which is awesome!

here's what we get in WP 7.8

The question of what Microsoft would do for those current Windows Phone users who have generation 1 and generation 1.5 devices like the HTC Titan or the highly popular Nokia Lumia 900 for Windows Phone 8 has finally been answered.

Windows Phone 8’s main features involve new hardware like multi-core processors, NFC and higher resolution displays. Phones like the Lumia 900 cannot take advantage of these new features but Windows Phone 8 also brings additional changes to the Start screen which current users can take advantage of.

In able to ensure that current customers have the best and latest from Microsoft, the company is officially offering Windows Phone 7.8 as an OS upgrade. Windows Phone 7.8 will still be based on the CE kernel and won’t enable advanced Windows Phone 8 features like app and games that use native programming, but it will give current users the new Start screen and appearance of Windows Phone 8.

The new Start screen in Windows Phone 8 has three new elements, including
Variable tile sizes, including user customizable selection between small, medium and so-called “double wide” tiles
Removal of the “gutter” aka “the gap” known as the off-centered space to the right of the Start screen. The gutter was a carry-over from the Zune days but now Tiles will be evenly distributed on the Start screen
New tile colors – yes, while the 10 + 1 model of Accent colors for Windows Phone carried us for nearly two years, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 7.8 will offer a wider selection of colors

Although not being able to directly upgrade to the new NT kernel of Windows Phone 8 may be a bit of a letdown for current users, the Windows Phone 7.8 upgrade should offer new Windows Phone users nearly the same experience considering their lack of advanced hardware.

Microsoft unveils Windows Phone 7.8 update for current hardware | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

and for WP8 stuff head over here

Windows Phone 8 in detail: new Start Screen, multi-core support, VoIP integration, and NFC | The Verge

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Leaving out running in the background, the latest update has now made the Skype experience very good
Get the version 1.2.0.257 now

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Using the new Skype app
Have got much better performance / voice quality on 3g as well as wifi(512 kbps)

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

pmkarun

Broken In

Hi All,

I heard that in Nokia Lumia 710 the Call ending bug is still there...
Is it so?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

For Lumia Owners-
Windows Phone Tango now available for Nokia Lumia 710 and 800

@pmkarun elaborate. BTW most bugs if any should be fixed with the Upgrade :wink:

ankit360

Journeyman

I used the disconnect internet trick and got Tango with firmware update for my omnia w :victory:

*img708.imageshack.us/img708/241/tangoupdate.png

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.

i am saving for a lumia 800.

my doubt is will the same lumia 800 be available with windows 8 when it(w8) is available?

Krow

Crowman
Want to buy a phone for my mum, Nokia Lumia 710 or Samsung Omnia W?

Usage will primarily be music, basic web browsing, calls, text. Which phone has better bundled headset?

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

she wont use gps or all nokia exclusive apps.. so go for omnia w.
cant comment about headsets, but omnia w's headsets are good enough for music

Top Bottom