The Windows 8 Thread

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Frankly, I don't find any difference between hibernation/restart because Win8 restarts faster than win7 hibernates/resume.
You are right..

There isnt any defference between the both and so, they might as well thought of disabling hibernation by default so that people believe in thier "faster reboot" concept instead of calling it a marketting/technical gimmic :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
update : about the Bluetooth issue I'm facing :

yep, every settings are fine ( pc is discoverable ) and I've transfered files ( both ways ) when I was using Nokia but starting from Samsung ( Android phone ) I can't browse my phone like a mass storage device over BT anymore though I'm able to send files to it.

^ not sure, but the default way of doing so is to add both computers to the same homegroup.

^ not sure, but the default way of doing so is to add both computers to the same homegroup.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

its between
1. laptop & android phone
2. laptop & android tablet

Update: Ok..so both devices are of Samsung & Samsung has something called Kies Air : *play.google.com/store/apps/details...SwiY29tLnNhbXN1bmcuc3dpZnQuYXBwLmtpZXNhaXIiXQ..

nick191

Journeyman
Not familiar with that error but googling it brought up this: Netsh wlan start hostednetwork, The hosted network couldn't be started. - Linvi - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

i have troubleshooted Adapter setting than i work not getting error but still same problem no internet connection in mobile it get connected but m not able to surf...

Here is the screenshot of CMD

updated.jpg

screenshot from Mobile

rps20130521_174827.jpg

screenshot of Network and Sharing setting

NW sharing setting.png

screenshot of Adapter setting

adapter setting.png

Also tried Virtual Router Plus but same issue !

Plz help me guys...

nick191

Journeyman
try to change settings of "Local Area Connection *13". Change the sharing settings of this network (tick the "allow other computers to connect through this connection" box)

tried that also,after ticking it mobile stuck at Obtaining IP address !! and nothing happen... Device not get connected !

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
tried that also,after ticking it mobile stuck at Obtaining IP address !! and nothing happen... Device not get connected !

set Local Area Connection *13 IPv4 Properties to automatic.

Capture.jpgCapture1.jpg

set Local Area Connection *13 IPv4 Properties to automatic.

Capture.jpgCapture1.jpg

and restart your pc n phone ..see if that helps

i shud correct myself... u dnt need to change settings of local area connection *13 ... change sharing setting of ZTE Wireless Terminal to "allow ...." post the screenshots

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update : Bluetooth issue fixed .. can send and receive files now.

added a new Wi-Fi card to the pc - now I can connect to the phone using wifi from pc ( phone set as a hotspot ) but if I need to connect to the PC from phone using wifi ( pc set as hotspot ) the phone sometime gets stuck at obtaining Ip and sometime even if it can connect to the pc I can't browse net using pc's net connection on phone .. facing somewhat similar issue like nick191.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Update : Bluetooth issue fixed .. can send and receive files now.

added a new Wi-Fi card to the pc - now I can connect to the phone using wifi from pc ( phone set as a hotspot ) but if I need to connect to the PC from phone using wifi ( pc set as hotspot ) the phone sometime gets stuck at obtaining Ip and sometime even if it can connect to the pc I can't browse net using pc's net connection on phone .. facing somewhat similar issue like nick191.

Until recently I purchased a router, I was using my laptop as hotspot for another laptop, an android tablet n a smartphone. It used to work flawlessly with once or twice that error....I wud create a new access point everytime after that error.

It has something to do with the Settings on the PC. Something somewhere isn't right.

nick191: Lets do this one more time.

1. Disconnect your active Internet Connection (ZTE Wireless Terminal)

2. Create a new wlan connection by entering the commands in a Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=myssid key=mywifikey keyUsage=persistent

3. Press Enter

4. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

5. Connect to Internet (ZTE Wireless Terminal)

6. Post Screenshot of Change Adapter Settings window under Network & Sharing Center. Also , post the screenshots of Steps 1 to 5.

Till now , the Internet is not setup. We'll do the rest afterwards.

Last edited:

nick191

Journeyman
nick191: Lets do this one more time.

1. Disconnect your active Internet Connection (ZTE Wireless Terminal)

2. Create a new wlan connection by entering the commands in a Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork ssid=myssid key=mywifikey keyUsage=persistent

3. Press Enter

4. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

5. Connect to Internet (ZTE Wireless Terminal)

6. Post Screenshot of Change Adapter Settings window under Network & Sharing Center. Also , post the screenshots of Steps 1 to 5.

Till now , the Internet is not setup. We'll do the rest afterwards.[/QUOTE]

no change ...

CMD

NEW.jpg

setting

Settings.png

kisame

King of Heroes
^You have to turn on Internet sharing in ZTE connection properties and select the "Local Area Connection* 13" as private connection.

kisame

King of Heroes
@nick191
Go into ZTE terminal internet properties.Under sharing tab,check "Allow other users to connect to internet ..." and select "Local Area Connection* 13" from drop down menu.Press OK.Done.

nick191

Journeyman
@nick191
Go into ZTE terminal internet properties.Under sharing tab,check "Allow other users to connect to internet ..." and select "Local Area Connection* 13" from drop down menu.Press OK.Done.

done it still no change !!!

done.png