The Windows 8 Thread

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Please stop with false statement

I use Windows 8.1 and all my drivers are optimised and it is not at all laggy.See my PC config in my siggy.
What we need is a OS that can run browsers and games optimally.Using more advanced features also give troubles which can be :pullhair::banghead:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Not for Wifi but the overall performance of Windows 8.1.It is definetly a good change from Windows 8 but still it does not have the much sought after "START MENU".All the 3rd party start menu's does not work well like the proprietary start menu.I miss the start menu in Windows 8.1 very much.I hope MS brings it back in its next update.

The start menu is the new start screen. They even got the 'button' back for those who had a strong love relationship with it. If somebody really wants Windows 7 part 2, they better not install windows 8 in the forst place.

While far from perfect, the new start screen is just fine, if not better than the old one.

What in the start menu of Windows 8.1 do you miss so much ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
The start menu is the new start screen. They even got the 'button' back for those who had a strong love relationship with it. If somebody really wants Windows 7 part 2, they better not install windows 8 in the forst place.

While far from perfect, the new start screen is just fine, if not better than the old one.

Its not like Windows 7 Start Menu.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

To start with, can we just term it right?? Its a start "button" and not a start "menu" (like in earlier windows)

amjath

Human Spambot
what he said wrong ?? :rolleyes:

He says having unnecessary apps slows performance of Windows 8.1.
I never faced anything like that. Having unnecessary apps does not punch a hole in the performance. But running unnecessary apps does. Thats what i was trying to mean

What I understood from what he delivers. May be he is trying to say something else

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Help, my Windows 8 upgrade assistant is saying Unable to connect to Internet. Anyone experienced this before ? I disabled AV/ Firewall, but still it is showing.

amjath

Human Spambot
Help, my Windows 8 upgrade assistant is saying Unable to connect to Internet. Anyone experienced this before ? I disabled AV/ Firewall, but still it is showing.

Troubleshooting We can't connect right now error message

If you receive a message stating that the Windows 8 Update Assistant can't connection right now, please perform these steps:

Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and you can browse the Web.
Make sure your time, date, and time zone are correct.
Make sure the Background Intelligent Transfer service is not disabled and is started.
Make sure the Cryptographic Services service is not disabled and is started.
How to use the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Then u r not alone bro. Many have the issue

I figured it out.
Solved Windows 8 upgrade error:"We can't connect right now..." - Page 2

The error was showing because I was given a blocked key. Then when I run the setup using another key, its all fine. Thanks.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
i am buying a new laptop this month, and the options i have considered come with Win 8. Due to UEFI, i wont be able to dual boot it with ubuntu. what i want to know is:
1. will i be able to uninstall win 8 and install win 7 and then dual boot with ubuntu? if yes, will i be able to install drivers easily on win 7
2. or is there any other way to install ubuntu along with win 8?

there are a few laptops in the market that come with no OS, but the specs are old and not up to the mark with the ones with win 8.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
dual boot with win8 [ uefi] and ubuntu is possible :
*help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI

though for any other reason if you get rid off win 8 and want to install win 7 just make sure your laptop manufacturer has driver support for windows 7.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys I'm getting bsod on 8.1. On searching the internet I found networx is the culprit. Is there any alternative to networx? That works as similar to networx?

Top Bottom