The Windows 8 Thread

amjath

Human Spambot
Guys I'm unable to install gfwlive in Windows 8.1. Previously gfwlive worked fine in Windows 8. For some reasons i uninstalled it, now after Windows 8.1 update, gfwlive won't install. The error code isn't present in Microsoft site and support link also not working. Error code:0x80096010.

gfwlive is dead, games with patch removes gfwlive

Did anyone notice, latest update seems to fix few of my issues which previous update caused.

Issue with startup programs with admin privileges
When Window Key is pressed, it takes half a second more to display etc..

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Right now I am using Windows 8 ........................

Here this is it:-
*i.imgur.com/8GhYEa7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this custom OSes are good .. I've myself tested one such win 7 release but you better not talk about all the details about such custom OS .. read the forum rules ;)

gameranand

Living to Play
Windows XP, 7 or 8 ?

All of them.

All of them (I believe that applies to "gamer"anand - that gamer part wont really like any UI tweaks to slow down the game i guess :D ).

Its not performance that I am concerned about. Right now I have he rig that can handle anything I throw at it, but I just like simplicity, can't bear tweaks and all. I just like the bare vanilla version. Hell my desktop have only 2 icons and my Start Screen is highly organised and so is my Data on HDD.

One of my friend told me that I don't use UI tweaks because I can't configure them properly, so one day I downloaded Rainmeter and some pretty damn heavy themes. Configued them at best possible setting and showed them to him, he was like WTF and then in front of him I removed that theme and uninstalled rainmeter and deleted the setup. He didn't had any words to say to be, he just walked away. :lol::p

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
All of them.

Its not performance that I am concerned about. Right now I have he rig that can handle anything I throw at it, but I just like simplicity, can't bear tweaks and all. I just like the bare vanilla version. Hell my desktop have only 2 icons and my Start Screen is highly organised and so is my Data on HDD.

One of my friend told me that I don't use UI tweaks because I can't configure them properly, so one day I downloaded Rainmeter and some pretty damn heavy themes. Configued them at best possible setting and showed them to him, he was like WTF and then in front of him I removed that theme and uninstalled rainmeter and deleted the setup. He didn't had any words to say to be, he just walked away. :lol::p

Sounds much like myslef. Really liked rainmeter, but then nothing better than a clean desktop (only one icon - recycle bin :D)

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I found Rainmeter a couple of years back. Had the Windows Phone theme installed and liked the looks.The irony is I hate Metro UI now.

I'm sorry, what's the vanilla version?

The OS that is supplied as-is, without any modifications/tweaks by any third part. There are custom versions of OS available which have less frequently used features removed, includes performance enhancements (that's not a guarantee) and have GUI tweaks.

amjath

Human Spambot
Microsoft may make the modern UI optional for both Windows and Windows phone

A floating Modern UI and Classic Start Menu could be in Windows 8.2
Start Menu Could Return to Windows in Spring 2014

This part of news shouldn't be here but another proof of Microsoft gone mad

Rumor: Modern UI May be Optional in Future Windows Phone

So much spent for development and other things and now microsoft looking for alternatives sigh

Top Bottom