The Windows 8 Thread

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Microsoft may make the modern UI optional for both Windows and Windows phone

A floating Modern UI and Classic Start Menu could be in Windows 8.2
Start Menu Could Return to Windows in Spring 2014

This part of news shouldn't be here but another proof of Microsoft gone mad

Rumor: Modern UI May be Optional in Future Windows Phone

So much spent for development and other things and now microsoft looking for alternatives sigh

Rumors arent proof of anything, infact WPcentral only debunked that one as soon as MR Eldar 'sour grapes' Murtazin went on his once in a while rants. That is just a guy pissed with Nokia going WP tying to berate it any way he can. Never had one accurate leak - just lame predictions that have as much chance of getting it right as anybody else.

Also, WPdesign team mocked him openly on twitter for a similar design-change rumor not very long ago.

amjath

Human Spambot
Rumors arent proof of anything, infact WPcentral only debunked that one as soon as MR Eldar 'sour grapes' Murtazin went on his once in a while rants. That is just a guy pissed with Nokia going WP tying to berate it any way he can. Never had one accurate leak - just lame predictions that have as much chance of getting it right as anybody else.

Also, WPdesign team mocked him openly on twitter for a similar design-change rumor not very long ago.

The rumor for the windows phone 9 is from a guy whose predictions are accurate. My opinions is MS may look for different UI for the phones, cause current UI makes few people go away.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
The rumor for the windows phone 9 is from a guy whose predictions are accurate. My opinions is MS may look for different UI for the phones, cause current UI makes few people go away.

Eldar Murtazin is accurate? On what ? On claiming Nokia will be bought by MS two years before the deal ? A random number genrated with programmed bias is going to be equally as accurate as him. His claims are super-vague and in any case just reflect a line of thought - unlike evleaks who can leak precise specs and codenames and images - thats what I'd call a leak.

Win RT will merge with WP - pranav0091
^Thats not a leak.

MS doesnt seem like it will look for new UI, based on what i hear elsewhere. But they are apparently trying to make the transitions less jarring - part of which is what we see in Win 8.1.

I guess we should end this discussion as its in no way related to this thread :)

gameranand

Living to Play
I have organised it pretty well so I don't need to type the name of the app at all its right in front of me at the start screen. :D

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
There are modified ISO's but they don't let updates and even after updates they don't start and so its better to go with these links:Subscriber Downloads

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
There are unmodified ISOs available on torrent sites. Verify the hash from msdn.

Thanks will try that.

There are modified ISO's but they don't let updates and even after updates they don't start and so its better to go with these links:Subscriber Downloads

The problem is you should have a subscription to get the download link, and I dont want modified ISO. I am planning to get a key at cheap price and then will activate it.

BTW is there any way to check if a key have already been used or not? What will happen if one key is activated in two PCs?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For what? Too make Wi-Fi connectivity better :ROFL:

Not for Wifi but the overall performance of Windows 8.1.It is definetly a good change from Windows 8 but still it does not have the much sought after "START MENU".All the 3rd party start menu's does not work well like the proprietary start menu.I miss the start menu in Windows 8.1 very much.I hope MS brings it back in its next update.

amjath

Human Spambot
For what, solving random network disconnections and driver issues?

One of the comment from the link may help you if u have Wi-Fi issues
I've encountered this with several notebooks that use Broadcom wifi chipset. Installing latest Windows 8 driver in Windows 8.1 had the same issue, as with preinstalled driver. Loading Windows 7 driver solved the problem everytime so far.

Top Bottom