The Windows 8 Thread

tech0freak0

tech is in mah bl00d
Guys I want to update to window 8.1 frm 8:

There is way to update from iso of window 8.1 (legally) rather than download from window store?
I want to save window 8.1 iso in case i have to reinstall windows.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Guys I want to update to window 8.1 frm 8:

There is way to update from iso of window 8.1 (legally) rather than download from window store?
I want to save window 8.1 iso in case i have to reinstall windows.

I assume you have a legal Windows 8 product key.

This is for new installation of Windows 8.1 using Windows 8 product key. Not sure about upgrading an existing installation.

Download the Windows 8.1 ISO / create bootable USB, using the method mentioned here Here is how to get the Windows 8.1 ISO and create a USB install stick - Neowin.

I suggest create a bootable USB.

Now go to the USB, then source folder.
Create a file named "ei.cfg" there and add the following lines.

Code:
[EditionID]
Professional
[Channel]
Retail
[VL]

Now boot from the USB, It will not ask for 8.1 key in the beginning of the installtion. Once the installation completes, use the Windows 8 key to activate it. It works.

Piyush

Lanaya
Yaar ek windows pe to haath baeth ta ni.. doosri fir nikaal rahe hain?!?!??! :|

Eng Translation: Why are they launching a new one when guys like me arent yet accustomed to the old version

amjath

Human Spambot
Yaar ek windows pe to haath baeth ta ni.. doosri fir nikaal rahe hain?!?!??! :|

Eng Translation: Why are they launching a new one when guys like me arent yet accustomed to the old version

Because people cannot digest Windows 8 and their sales was below expectation

nikufellow

In the zone
Guys i have a difficult situation, having a very slow and unstable internet connection , I cannot upgrade my windows 8 to 8.1 (genuine! came with my lappy) I've tried a few times, spent hours on it but somehow it just restarts when the progress bar reaches 40-45 percent. Is there any other possible way to upgrade? Am thinking of downloading iso from some other source but will i be able to upgrade if I have a 8.1 iso? Please enlighten me with any possible solutions

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
you can download windows 8.1 iso if you have a genuine windows 8 key. check here *winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-tip-download-windows-81-iso-windows-8-product-key . i dont know whether it has blocked or not.

nikufellow

In the zone
you can download windows 8.1 iso if you have a genuine windows 8 key. check here *winsupersite.com/windows-8/windows-81-tip-download-windows-81-iso-windows-8-product-key . i dont know whether it has blocked or not.

Actually i don't have a key, the one that came with my lappy was already activated, there was nothing for me to do

Top Bottom