The Windows 8 Thread

aaruni

The Linux Guy
also AFAIK know 32 bit apps have 2GB memory limitation but many software and games now comes with 64 bit executables so if you run such apps on 64 bit windows they will function better.

IIRC, 32 bit apps have a 4 GB limitation.. ( 2^32 bits)

sksksksk

.:: un.Understandable ::.
Windows 8 seems quiet good! But problems arises with the audio drivers.!!
Realtek can solve this... but its not working on my system :(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
IIRC, 32 bit apps have a 4 GB limitation.. ( 2^32 bits)

4gb ram is the maximum addressable ram by the 32 bit os.IT doesn't mean a 32 bit app can utilize full 4gb ram. A 32 bit app can utilize maximum of 2gb/3gb afaik in 32 bit os and 4gb ram in 64 bit os as 32 bit os use ram to adjust its kernel in the address space. since there is no kernel present in address space for 64 bit, 32 bit app can utilize maximum of 4gb. I think so

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
32 bit app can utilize 1.75gb/2gb ram on 32 bit and 64 bit os but on 64 bit os you can patch a 32 bit app to use upto 4gb ram using a 3rd party tool.

sksksksk

*i39.tinypic.com/2d9vkap.png

M not getting the Advanced Startup options!! And I wanna install Realtek in Windows 8 :(

sksksksk

Motherboard.
I download Realtek but its not getting installed?? Dunno whats the problem..??
Search for some tuts and found, something has to be done with the startup settinngs... (I dont remember....)

Motherboard.
I download Realtek but its not getting installed?? Dunno whats the problem..??
Search for some tuts and found, something has to be done with the startup settinngs... (I dont remember....)

> Are you talking about PC or laptop? if laptop, then which laptop and if PC, then which motherboard.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you are talking about G41M-Combo ;) anyway, the board has different revisions and different audio chip used for eg rev1.3 and 1.4 has VIA VT1708S codec audio chip and rev. 2.0 has Realtek ALC887 chip - so most probabaly you have either 1.3/1.4 version and need to install audio drivers from VIA.

sksksksk

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Can you help me out by providing a link to download correct files... which would work on my board!
If you need more info about my PC ...I ll let you know! :)

sksksksk

Thanks buddy!! :) But I need some more help about the VIA product! Actually I dont have any idea about it! And its asking me to select one from the list..!! :(

gameranand

Living to Play
This OS has really pissed me off. Many of the GFWL games won't run but now I have finally found the turnaround for them. Just download the latest GFWL and then run the game executable as Administrator and game should run fine. Tried on many games and it worked on all games so far. :)

This OS has really pissed me off. Many of the GFWL games won't run but now I have finally found the turnaround for them. Just download the latest GFWL and then run the game executable as Administrator and game should run fine. Tried on many games and it worked on all games so far. :)

Can you post a link.

Top Bottom