The SHOWOFF Thread

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Thx for the support guys, the SMPS was culprit as I initially thought, got a replacement that day and everything is running fine since then :).
Playing Crysis on all settings very high and AA4x. Awesome. Will post pics later today :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
My PC with temporary setup, will get a nice table when I move into a new place soon.

*farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/3715525789_ed5b80cb1b_b.jpg

Visit this flickr set for rest of the pics :)

*www.flickr.com/photos/52074159@N00/sets/72157621247689119/

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nice picture. congrats.

The only thing that I didn't like in that pic is the color of the mobo's PCB.

btw, are you a leftie?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
also, very less cable clutter on your desk. I have system, laptop, tv STB, worldspace, chargers near my pc and it feels like am in a web of cables :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ok. so here's my slightly new rig interiors (added 2 extra LED fans at the top) :)
---------

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/5912/dsc01347medium.th.jpg

*img222.imageshack.us/img222/8638/dsc01346medium.th.jpg

*img257.imageshack.us/img257/4780/dsc01348medium.th.jpg

^^^
Nice dude :)

PS. I'm not too active on this forum now, if I do come online, I hang around in Chit-Chat and tech news rather than QnA (this in response to your question in a thread which I lost track of for some reason :| )

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
ok. so here's my slightly new rig interiors (added 2 extra LED fans at the top) :)
---------

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/5912/dsc01347medium.th.jpg

*img222.imageshack.us/img222/8638/dsc01346medium.th.jpg

*img257.imageshack.us/img257/4780/dsc01348medium.th.jpg

cool and that GTX280 looks massive!!!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^^
Nice dude :)

PS. I'm not too active on this forum now, if I do come online, I hang around in Chit-Chat and tech news rather than QnA (this in response to your question in a thread which I lost track of for some reason :| )
ooh ok sure, i will be active here (in SHOWoff thread) :)
------------
@Tarey_g, nice rig there dude! Which LCD?
@Ashu, diwali nahi aayi abhi...itni lights kyu laga li? :grin: BTW your rig's lookin' smokin' hot!
@ Sunny: the LCD is viewsonic :)

and yes, thanx for the comment on my rig.. :D
---------
cool and that GTX280 looks massive!!!
@ desiibond:

yup, i myself was surprised by this gpu card wen it 1st arrived at my house, its precisely 23" in length./. lol...
---------

@ ashu888ashu888

If u r gaming the Stock CPU cooler gets Hot with Corei7 ?? what s the temperature ??
well, i havent measured it yet (using Riva Tuner) while playing any game, will do so and tell u surely today.. :)

btw, is there any shortcut key so tat i can bring up the riva tuner temp window in-game (during a paused game, so tat i can view the temps... or shud i jus switch back to desktop (by ctrl-alt-del) to view that temp screen.. // ??
---------
edit: here u go with the screenshot:

*img403.imageshack.us/img403/3104/rivatunergraphlarge.th.jpg

==============

But, i hv sum doubt over the temp reading by riva tuner

my mobo temp shows 58 deg C while playing Crysis at 1920x1080 and with no AA but the ambient temp recorded by RT is 70 Deg C..
:confused:

i hv the latest driver for gtx280 (186.18)
=============

Also, im looking for a suitable (air) cooler for the cpu.. can u guys tell me any.. ?? TRUE.. ?? or any other.. ? and with price plz.. :)
---------

====================
=====================

Also, where can i find 3dmark vantage (for games) on a Digit DVD.. ?? (i dnt wanna d/load it from its official site as tast d/load is huge at 400mb.. :(
=========

Cheers n e-peace.....

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@Tarey_g, nice rig there dude! Which LCD?
@Ashu, diwali nahi aayi abhi...itni lights kyu laga li? :D BTW your rig's lookin' smokin' hot!

Thx, It's a ViewSonic VX2240 16x10 2ms response LCD, 10,200 only :D

ashu has gone LED crazy :p, from PC's to bathrooms :D

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
well, i havent measured it yet (using Riva Tuner) while playing any game, will do so and tell u surely today.. :)

btw, is there any shortcut key so tat i can bring up the riva tuner temp window in-game (during a paused game, so tat i can view the temps... or shud i jus switch back to desktop (by ctrl-alt-del) to view that temp screen.. // ??
---------
edit: here u go with the screenshot:

*img403.imageshack.us/img403/3104/rivatunergraphlarge.th.jpg

==============

But, i hv sum doubt over the temp reading by riva tuner

my mobo temp shows 58 deg C while playing Crysis at 1920x1080 and with no AA but the ambient temp recorded by RT is 70 Deg C..
:confused:

i hv the latest driver for gtx280 (186.18)
=============

Also, im looking for a suitable (air) cooler for the cpu.. can u guys tell me any.. ?? TRUE.. ?? or any other.. ? and with price plz.. :)
---------

====================
=====================

Also, where can i find 3dmark vantage (for games) on a Digit DVD.. ?? (i dnt wanna d/load it from its official site as tast d/load is huge at 400mb.. :(
=========

Cheers n e-peace.....

U have been playing games @ 70C degrees & above , thats y i doubted - because many corei7 owners even my friend shocked after his temperature was checked reaching 93c with max load .

Corei7 920 is massive performance processor thats y temp goes higher , how much time u play continuously ??

CPU - cooler - True 120 is best but u need to get the High RPM FAN , then Big problem with true120 the fan clip is so weak i think Thermal right provide a holder which used with TRUE120 get that

Xigmatek Thor hammer is another choice - dont get SCCF !!

If u get ZALMAN coolers it would be gr8 , the build quality of zalman is providing fast heat dispersion & low cost

amitash

Intel OCer

Its prolly ur procy temp thats past 70C...core i7's are in no way cool cpu's...you need better cooling...If you can, try to get the aquagate s1 like i did and go under water...I idle at 42C and load with crysis 16xAA at 52C at 3.4Ghz, but u have to mod ur case to get it to fit....Try to get the prolimatech megahalem air cooler...its available from lynx for 3k i think

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Its prolly ur procy temp thats past 70C...core i7's are in no way cool cpu's...you need better cooling...If you can, try to get the aquagate s1 like i did and go under water...I idle at 42C and load with crysis 16xAA at 52C at 3.4Ghz, but u have to mod ur case to get it to fit....Try to get the prolimatech megahalem air cooler...its available from lynx for 3k i think

U r right !!

Corei7 is capable of handling anything which i used with my friends computer , but the problem is its very Hot

Hardcore Performance - But when running prime 95 the temp shows 103c Degree in my friends computer on full LOAD after 6hrs

We were shocked Then got Asus Triton 88 which very big cooler we fitted 4 120m Fans around then finally it shows 68c degree on full load

corei7 - super hot - super performance

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
T
ashu has gone LED crazy :p, from PC's to bathrooms :D
u can say so..but wait i havent shown u and all u guys my maruti 800 car.. is it..:D:D (sense sumthing more dramatic)...

U have been playing games @ 70C degrees & above , thats y i doubted - because many corei7 owners even my friend shocked after his temperature was checked reaching 93c with max load .

Corei7 920 is massive performance processor thats y temp goes higher , how much time u play continuously ??

CPU - cooler - True 120 is best but u need to get the High RPM FAN , then Big problem with true120 the fan clip is so weak i think Thermal right provide a holder which used with TRUE120 get that

Xigmatek Thor hammer is another choice - dont get SCCF !!

If u get ZALMAN coolers it would be gr8 , the build quality of zalman is providing fast heat dispersion & low cost
well, at times i hv played continuously for 2-3 hrs (With the glas side panel open and sumtimes closed too)

so wich specific air/water cpu cooler shud i go for now.. ?? im all confused :confused:

suggest me a cooler specifically for the lga 1366 socket (core i7 type) so tat i dnt hv to do any modification in my cabinet... :)

also, is playing at that hot temps of 70-75 deg C harmful f0r the cpu..?? (maybe in the long run)..??

i wud love to get a water cooling for a cpu but wich one to get for apart from auqagate (as i dnt wanna do any mod for my cabinet) :(

is this the one megahalem tat u talking about ---> *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=6058

also, wat abt TRUE (see this page and tel me wat exactly shud i go for) ---> *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=272

U r right !!

Corei7 is capable of handling anything which i used with my friends computer , but the problem is its very Hot

Hardcore Performance - But when running prime 95 the temp shows 103c Degree in my friends computer on full LOAD after 6hrs

We were shocked Then got Asus Triton 88 which very big cooler we fitted 4 120m Fans around then finally it shows 68c degree on full load

corei7 - super hot - super performance
thanx for tat update.... :)
Damn... you guys are rich

plz click here
wats this ??? :confused:

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
^I would rather have the megahalem as acc to reviews its supposed to cool better...but it is more expensive....or you could get a true + mounting bracket + 2 high perf fans

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

thanx for ur reply dude.. :)

btw, wat exactly did u mod ur case in order to fit tat aquagate water cooler.. ?? :confused: giv me sum tips and directions so tat if the modding is NOT tat tedious i wud infact opt for water cooling than a megahalem.. :)
--------------

Top Bottom