The SHOWOFF Thread

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@damngoodman99, yes they are available for 6.5k now. If you are bass freak, get Z2300 and if you like clarityand depth more than bass, get MX-5021.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Holy cow.. i just overclocked my processor from 2.8 GHz to 3.6 GHz on stock cooler.. and the temperature was around 43 degress.

*img98.imageshack.us/img98/7366/arith36e.th.jpg

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I overclocked my processor from 2.8 to 3.2 and the temp is around 36 degrees, thanks to the super cool bangalore weather and 120mm CM fan :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
but 43 degrees for overclocked quad core is definitely awesome.

You should show the readings to those idiots who declare that AMD processors heat up a lot and burn :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
yeah exactly.. and some of those idiots say that you need an AC room for AMD processor.. BTW.. my cabinet is on the way.. and the processor and mobo are just on books :D.. the current temperature of the room is around 33 Degrees..

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Windows did boot when i was on 3.7 GHz.. but when i ran the test it crashed.. BSOD.. atapi.sys the culprit.. can you figure out any thing??

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
I increased the multiplier from 18 to 18.5 and the voltage to 1.425.. and NB voltage was also increased from 1.220 to the next step which i don't remember now..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Try reducing the multiplier a bit and increase the HT speed and decrease RAM freq little bit. Also, try to fine tune RAM's latencies.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ hellknight

3.6 is stable on air for 720

i use 940 3.8 is stable

as u oc with the stock cooler of urs which comes with out copper heat pipes , is really gr8

Phenom 2 720 is really cool processor , but u maxed out extent with stock cooler is awesome !!

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
yeah.. it is really an awesome product.. actually I also wanted 940 BE.. but that damn ViewSonic LCD, which i had, had gone kaput.. so i had to invest in F22 22" LCD monitor and settled for 720 BE ... but looking at the benchmarks of this processor made my day..

@desiibond. i'll do that tomorrow.. my friend who has 940 BE is going to give me a visit tomorrow and we're going to have another great overclocking session..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I forgot to turn on the side panel 120mm fan and after turning it on, CPU core temperature is at 26degrees. Damn. this is terrific :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
err... i don't really have any of these.. if you want then i can post the screenshot of AMD Overdrive..

Top Bottom