Discussion: The Rashi RMA experience thread

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're looking at a long term solution, the law has to be strong for consumers, and people who should reinforce that law should be equally strong and people need to start filing consumer complaints. Its only when people start filing consumer complaints, things happen and it hits the company back- and that's when they change. Australia has a consumer law where if your hardware is destroyed and its not the end user's fault- and you lost money because of it the company is responsible. Now before people start charging in "ooh but its a developed country" and all that, people file complaints, they don't just sit down and endure it. Having such sections in forums have an effect but its just short term and only because companies who sees forums for complains have genuine reason (fair enough, atleast an effort is made) for their brand- but that's not how everyone thinks.

Think about it- out of so many people who have said/threatened to companies/agencies/individual that they'll file a consumer complaint- how many of the people in this forum have filed a consumer complaint without saying that- or after saying that? No1, rather people have found comfort in wasting times in calls and wasting days. Consumer complaints are effective. The regular guys have friends and contacts in regional level or with direct companies- but that's not a long term solution. Its not a solution at all. People need to start filing consumer complaints and then post that on the forums as well. That will stir things up when there's good number of people doing it.

I know sitting in of the front of a monitor, typing and calling won't matter much but Consumer Court - is it really effective .. I know a case of Fridge Company and a electronics shop ( who sold it ) has lost in Consumer Court though it took nearly 1 year to get the justice and when the court ordered for a Rs. 10k compensation ( the price of the fridge only and what about the court expenses the customers had to pay and the long waiting and harassment ? ) - The shop and fridge company simply ignored court order - so the only option left for the customer is to go to the Civil court and god only knows how long it would take and how much money will be spent more on this not to mention the time - so what happened next ? nothing. If Companies care about the decision f the Consumer Court - fine ! but if they don't prepare to fight this on Civil Court - now most of the people the just don't want to do this for many reasons ( including some I mentioned above ).

But there's no escaping from the fact that if more and more people start filing consumer complaint ( and some public forum post too ) against a company/agency the company/agency will be forced to look into the matter and things will start to change.

Note down people's first and last name when you speak/interact with during RMA. Insist on email since you have a copy of what they're saying rather than talking via phone no matter how convenient because worse case scenario they might pass the buck or claim they haven't said anything like that.

and thanks for the tips -- I always insist on e-mails rather than a conversation over the phone.

bubusam13

Human
My experience is Very good. I gave my mobo. They asked me to visit after 2 days. I gone after 2 days. They have not checked my mobo yet. Asked me to wait sometime. I waited for about 40 mins. They can't figure it out what's wrong with my mobo. Gave me a replacement instantly. :D They even gave me a beeper for free. I said I will pay :p

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
My experience is Very good. I gave my mobo. They asked me to visit after 2 days. I gone after 2 days. They have not checked my mobo yet. Asked me to wait sometime. I waited for about 40 mins. They can't figure it out what's wrong with my mobo. Gave me a replacement instantly. :D They even gave me a beeper for free. I said I will pay :p

Well, your case is exceptional. Ideally this is how RMA should be handled.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

rero

Broken In
These rashi guys are talking about "company policy". Is that an internal+secret policy only they know of? Why keep consumers in the dark?

Show us the "policy" and the protocol you use for handling RMA, we'll challenge that in court.

bubusam13

Human
looks like service centers in Assam works very good .

Many other than Sony. I gave my Hi-Fi 2 times for the same problem. Few days ago now warranty over, the same problem appeared. They even didnt attach all the screws.

And I heard horror stories about Micromax.

Nice to hear that.
Which motherboard BTW?

And why did they give you a pager?

Asus M4A78

Well, your case is exceptional. Ideally this is how RMA should be handled.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Welcome. Nokia has much better service. I replaced my charger, battery and 2 of my friends replaced their N72.

It is... how :D ??

acewin

Point Blanc
well I had got my Asus DVD burner quickly replaced that was almost 2 years back.
Nokia service centers are really good.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many other than Sony. I gave my Hi-Fi 2 times for the same problem. Few days ago now warranty over, the same problem appeared. They even didnt attach all the screws.

And I heard horror stories about Micromax.

Ok .. thanks for the info .. BTW, Rashi handles RMA of Sony Hi-Fi systems ??

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
samsung is not behind.
had two incidents with two different handsets. (hero :oops: and wave 525)
they dont change faces when a customer goes at the service centre for any problem.
good behaviour observed till date.

pratyush997

Inactive
Rashi RMA number/ RMA challan number+ name of the shop and location: 150000028484-- Rashi peripherals PVT LTD in b-22, Sudershan pura, Jaipur
Date of purchase: 09/09/12
Date of RMA: 13/09/12
City: Jaipur
The incident in chronological manner:
I bought Asus RT-N13U B1 for 3k from eBay on 30/06/12 and shipment arrived on 09/09/12.

I opened up the package, Started the router, connected it via LAN Cable and started configuring and BOOM! It started Rebooting in every 3-6 mins resulting in Disconnections in Router Mode(AP and Repeater were fine)
The I upgraded The F/W and provided utility, Rebooted router and tried again, Still same issue! <I was screwed :-x >
Called up Ebay Seller and asked him to replace it, He dined by saying that they only replace in case of DOA(Dead on Arrival) but Also told me that in this case he can help me if i send router back to him and he will get it replacement in ASUS Service there , I denied cuz It could have taken 2 weeks for that! :|

On 13/09/12 I went to Jaipur and Explained the Reps abt the issue..dafaq He ignored me lol... It took me 10 mins to explain him abt issue later he just Took the BOX(Bill was in BOZ :shock:) from me and gave a Receipt and Told me that It will take 5-6 days to get another replacement Router from Mumbai. I Left the center

On 22/09/12 I remembered that Bill was in BOX and I was like
I called 'em, a guy picked up the call after Long ring and I asked him About the bill that was in box and he said the box is in Mumbai and i'm screwed again and asked him about Status of my Router, he Replied that he can Give me Asus RT-N10<cost 1k> way <Bullshit thing> and I denied and asked him to give me N13u B1 router or else Refund. He politely replied that they donno got any more pieces of that router and if possible he can arrange either refund or repair. :(

EDIT:- The reps. told me that it will take a week minimum and I Got Scanned copy of the Bill BTW but will it be sufficient to claim warranty in future?

Update

On 10/10/12 I called 'em again and asked about the same.. and they told me that the product is shipped from Mumbai on 26th of last month.. I Asked them when will I get it.. The guy discussed something with his colleagues and told me that the router is sent back to Mumbai. DAFAQ.. I asked 'em why and they replied that they don't know abt the matter and told me to call tomm. :(

Update

Got my router back
w/o it's box, Lan Cable, Bill, CD-ROM, Guides etc. and the worst thing is that the issue is not fixed
and Now I'm 100 Km away from Service station!
I'm completely screwed!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
print out the scanned bill .. make a photocopy of the same and give Rashi the copy bill if they ask or send the scanned copy of the bill to the seller and ask him for a duplicate bill.

Top Bottom