Discussion: The Rashi RMA experience thread

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Copy - Pasting it here from RMA Experience Thread :

The 8600GT went Kaput again ( the warranty is expired on 4th of this month ) - gave it to a friend to use instead of his Leadtek NVIDIA 6800GS 256MB which is still working. and this 8600GT 256MB worked for the least time before it went kaput - on a close observation I found that the clock generator used on the gfx card is just too old though the card and box content looked to be new but actually they are not.

The End Summary : The gfx cards XFX send here for RMA purpose is very bad and that's why not a single RMAed 8600GT worked for more than a month ( except the first one which worked for 3 months ) - I've spent a lot of my precious time to RMA this XFX 8600GT 256MB again and again but never be able to get a another model ( but those might be bad too ) due to Rashi as they have all the bad XFX 8600GT 256MBs made in the whole world in their stock - I would not like anyone to have the same experience like this - so future buyers should stay away from XFX gfx cards IMO.

Could you please tell us the following:

1. How many times you have visited their center for this card. Only for this card.
2. How many times have they given you a 8600GT and it has failed.
3. What has been the average waiting time of queue.
4. How much average time has the handler allocated to you to hear your query.
5. Were you ever refused RMA and on what basis.
6. Did the handler ever end conversation with you -- and on your persistence the conversation started again.
7. How much would you rate Rashi Overall. 1(Worst)--->10(Best).

Thanks.

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
The rashi manager during asus meet told me that they use GPU repairing machine/t.
O RLY???

Even if they do, just how many centres have these "GPU Repairing machines"?

I seriously doubt they have that kind of manpower to do the needful. Its much faster to replace such units if they need "complex repairing". The only things I saw that remotely associated with "repairing" are bunch of soldering irons and stuff required to do so, few screens, a substandard psu to see if the h/w is booting and displaying. I seriously doubt service centres check if all the I/O ports, DIMM slots, pci slots, SATA/IDE slots and headers working the way they should (honestly, I doubt if anyone in India does this).

tkin

Back to school!!
O RLY???

Even if they do, just how many centres have these "GPU Repairing machines"?

I seriously doubt they have that kind of manpower to do the needful. Its much faster to replace such units if they need "complex repairing". The only things I saw that remotely associated with "repairing" are bunch of soldering irons and stuff required to do so, few screens, a substandard psu to see if the h/w is booting and displaying. I seriously doubt service centres check if all the I/O ports, DIMM slots, pci slots, SATA/IDE slots and headers working the way they should (honestly, I doubt if anyone in India does this).
That's what I said, I believe its some sort of integrated soldering machine, to replace burnt capacitors, or other less complex parts.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
No they can' do that.As is they really do that they should be manufacturing cards instead of repairing them. ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could you please tell us the following:

1. How many times you have visited their center for this card. Only for this card.
2. How many times have they given you a 8600GT and it has failed.
3. What has been the average waiting time of queue.
4. How much average time has the handler allocated to you to hear your query.
5. Were you ever refused RMA and on what basis.
6. Did the handler ever end conversation with you -- and on your persistence the conversation started again.
7. How much would you rate Rashi Overall. 1(Worst)--->10(Best).

Thanks.

1 and 2. I've to RMA 8600GT 256MB for 5 times and each and every time they gave me a box packed unit as replacement and all of them have failed.

3. The average waiting time is around ~60 mins

4. 3-5 mins - everytime it's just a long line there and is a total mess .

5. I was refused RMA for the first time I submitted the 8600GT - the guy accepted the card after inspection and a week later when I called him up he said he found Fungus on the gfx card and I think you all know what happened after about the infamous Fungus issue.

6. When the handler told he found fungus in the gfx card he just said me to take the card as RMA is not possible for fungus problem. I argued with him over this issue on phone for 2-3 times and sent some 5-6 mails to Rashi for which I've got only reply
We will check with Branch & update to you
after that there's no replay from them even after my repeated mails to them.

After a lot of waiting ( more than two months to be precise ) finally I went into Rashi service center with my elder bro who have scolded the seller first ( the shop is well known as the outlet of Rashi ) and then the Rashi guy over phone really well - after that they agreed to replace the faulty unit.

7. My rating for Rashi would be 2/10.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
RASHI RMA NUMBER :330000016667

RMA challan number:10326965

name of the shop and location:RASHI PERIPHERALS 19 R.N. MUKHERJEE RD KOL-700001

Date of purchase:Bought LOGITECH G110 on 27/08/2011 from Vedant.

Date of RMA:09/09/2011

On 4th September it has been noticed first that the LED WENT OFF. and after sometimes come back again. This happened several times. On 7th the LED did not lit up at all. But the KB is working. Digitian advised me to RMA the product.

Accordingly on 09/09/2011 I went to Rashi and stood before the counter where Sambhu seats. I just want to see him of whom i have heard so much here. As usual after standing for fifteen minutes (when i already have given the product at his window) he asked me regarding the problem of the product. I told that KB is working but the LED IS malfunctioning. sometimes on and sometimes off. He immediately grins up and said

- " arye dada keboard to kaj korche . LED diye ki hobe" => Man, your keyboard is working fine. what the hell you will do with LED?
Me- “ki bolcho. Otar janeyi to kena hoyeche. Noile sare tin hazar taka diye KB kinechi emni emni?” => what are u saying? It is for the LED that I have bought it. Otherwise why should spend 3.5k for a KB?
I do not have the courage to tell him regarding the macro keys lest he scrambled up all.
Sambhu -“o achha tahale ratri bela etate alo jale”=>oh! I see . it emits light at night!!!
He immediately searched his stock to give a replacement but it was not there. Then he takes the product and put sticker on it and gives me the challan.
Told me it will take four working days to replace and to call him again on Wednesday.

*img855.imageshack.us/img855/8162/09092011178.th.jpg
THE GREAT SAMBHU - MY KEYBOARD LYING IN FRONT OF HIM WITHOUT ANY ATTENTION:x

In the evening Sambhu again called me up and said –“ How many colours did my KB emits?”

Me-I have set Three colours RED, BLUE & PURPLE for M1,M2 AND M3 RESPECTIVELY
Sambhu-ok Our Engineer is testing your KB. Presently the LED is working.
Me-But it goes off after sometime of typing. Now, when it will go off God knows that.
Sambhu- O. if no problem found then it will be given back to you.
Me-Ok. The led should not go off again.

To be continued…………

-

just now called Rashi peripherals. After transfering of intercom line Sambhu picked up the phone.The conversation was as follows:

Me:I was told to call on this date for my kbd.
sambhu:which kbd?
Me: LOGITECH G110 KB.
sambhu: I need to talk to Logitech regarding the problem and accordingly will replace the product.
Me: how many days will that take.
sambhu : another 5 to six days
Me: give the specific date
Sambhu: (probably seeing the calendar) i will call you up on 20th.
Me : so from 09 to 14 for these days what exactly you have done to solve my problem?
sambhu : we are testing it.
Me: what kind of test?
Sambhu: do u want the product or credit note?(angrily)
Me:i want my product replaced. and should i call you on 20th or you will call me up?
Sambhu:i will call you.
Me : so u r taking the responsibility.
Sambhu: Yes
Me : Lets see how you keep your word.

To be continued...........

any one having LOGITECH senior authority email-id so that i can write a mail to him regarding the service from Rashi.

pratik2011

Broken In
Rashi RMA number/ RMA challan number+ name of the shop and location:RASHI KOLKATA BRANCH.YET.. 330000003305,330000004204,330000015294 THIS ARE FEW FROM THOSE 6 OR 7,FOR ONE BOARD IN 3 MONTH..I CAN FOUND.
Date of purchase:22/07/2010
Date of RMA:MANY TIMES I GIVE IT TO THEM FOR RMA IN MY 1YR OF NEW MOTHER BOARD.
City:KOLKATA
The incident in chronological manner: MORE OR LESS ALL TIME THEY REPLACE THAT AFTER 1MONTH WITH ANOTHER FAULTY ONE.. WHEN I CAME BACK AND TRY TO RUN IT WILL ....... EVEN NO CPU FAN MOVE MENT......... AFTER 6 TIMES
THIS KIND OF THING... I THROW THAT TO THEM AND TAKE MONEY AND GOT A NEW GIGABYTE MB..... ITS WORKS FINE............ GIGA ROCKS........

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I've never had a extreme bad case with Rashi although I have had my share of mishaps. But then again I don't give my computer parts for servicing to them. I just hand it back to the sub distributor who sold me the product. If it is something that has happened in one month I get a new product if it something that has been in my possession for some time it gets fixed within a week or so . The maximum duration Ive ever had anything to be serviced was an Original Intel board which took 14 days. I don't think Rashi's responsible for that either.

Anyway what I was going to say was that your distributor is always in a better position to ask for replacement simply because of the volume of purchases he makes from Rashi if you can persuade someone else to take it to them and get it done I'd always try that method first. This is also why I prefer not to buy anything I can get from my retailer even if it comes with a delay of a few days.

Furthermore Ive never heard of them giving back your money once a product is sold. It was either a replacement unit of the same specifics or one that is better in my case.

My Ati 5670 worked for approximately 2 days before it went kaput. I got it replaced with a brand new one within 4 days. (Delay is because the store didn't have the card in stock otherwise he would have made the replacement right then and there.)

pratik2011

Broken In
^^ what is the process of taking back money? do they refund the exact amount you have invested?
if they not able to give u good one after few time replacement,after that if u claim to get new or money they will give u money by cheque .... 300 appx. less than market price,in case of keyboard i think they will replace with new one... try to give them little pressure..... but mind it rashi is not good like other obviously they will create problem for u.............. that for sure............ best of luck...........

saswat23

Human Spambot
I have lost my Motherboard's driver disc. So, can i request Rashi for driver disc? Will they give me a copy of my MoBo's disc?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I seriously doubt it but why go through all the hassle when you can get it from the Internet ? However there might be a ncie technician willing to write you a copy if you ask politely perhaps :).

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I have lost my Motherboard's driver disc. So, can i request Rashi for driver disc? Will they give me a copy of my MoBo's disc?

I don't think so. But why not go to the site, select the model number of the board and download the latest drivers?

saswat23

Human Spambot
Actually i dont have an internet connection. I browse from my mobile internet. So, i cant really download the drivers. Also if i download from a cafe, he will charge around Rs.200. So, what to do now? Wont Asus send me another motherboard driver disc if i request??

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Actually i dont have an internet connection. I browse from my mobile internet. So, i cant really download the drivers. Also if i download from a cafe, he will charge around Rs.200. So, what to do now? Wont Asus send me another motherboard driver disc if i request??

i doubt Asus will then probably ur best bet is to take a copy of the cd from any dealer @50bucks as suggested above

saswat23

Human Spambot
i doubt Asus will then probably ur best bet is to take a copy of the cd from any dealer @50bucks as suggested above

You mean the dealer will open the seal of a new P8H67-M EVO for me and copy the disc!!
SO, when he will return back the box will it not void warranty as the seal will be broken!! :unsure::hammer:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

200 ?? wtF !! :shock: Its just a matter of a mere 5 rs.

You mean the dealer will open the seal of a new P8H67-M EVO for me and copy the disc!!
SO, when he will return back the box will it not void warranty as the seal will be broken!! :unsure::hammer:

How come warranty will be void? I mean he will just break the seal of the BOX, and it doesnt voids warranty, just that customer doesn't argues with dealer to give him a board "Exactly new sealed". Plus dealers always have copies of drivers with them, no need to break seal of a new board.

Top Bottom