Discussion: The Rashi RMA experience thread

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@Extreme Gamer:
When you sent the board for RMA, was the CPU socket covered with the plastic shroud which comes with the board -- out-of-the-box..?

Does the challan have any seriel on it..?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Nope asingh. Challan is with the shop but no serial number. I lost the socket cap so the processor was installed on the socket during transportation. But while going to rashi it was not, but there is no possible way that the socket got damaged during transport because the box is made in such a manner.

:banghead:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Generally, there's a statutory warning with any LGA mobo that if you send the mobo for RMA, you need to put the socket cap on.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
According to Asus's support page you don't.

Asus has told the shop to send the board to Rashi again tomorrow...

Goddamnit :rage: Not gonna buy another Asus product till this bloody issue is resolved.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Nope asingh. Challan is with the shop but no serial number. I lost the socket cap so the processor was installed on the socket during transportation. But while going to rashi it was not, but there is no possible way that the socket got damaged during transport because the box is made in such a manner.

:banghead:

There is a low possibility that an uncovered socket can be damaged. But that is the loop hole Rashi is playing. Honestly, when you argue with the higher authorities, I can bet you -- they will say that the socket was sent without the plastic cover. It is equivalent to me saying "while walking across a road you might get hit by car'. Will it happen. NO. Can it happen. YES. You have Rashi there for you.

Sorry about this.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I am scared now, Rashi will repair the motherboard and give it to me on Monday :shock:

Guys I took the RMA number given by Rashi from the shop.

RMA# 330000024726

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Extreme Gamer's email to Asus said:
Mr. Sarkar,

You ignored my last communication to you. So I decided that Asus products will not be purchased by me along with any other product distributed by Rashi Peripherals.

I do not know how my board was repaired, and you did not send me the details of all the repairs carried out, but I dont think I can use the refurbished board I have been sent.

The CPU retention bracket moves when open when it should be fixed to the board. Only the lid is supposed to move.

There were numerable cases of bent fan/front panel header pins on the board which I could fix as they only involved straightening them.

The board is actually CHIPPED at one edge: The bottom-right corner. A circuit unfortunately is in the path of the chip.

Proof:

2011-12-13-088.mp4 - YouTube

2011-12-13-084.jpg picture by ******thegamer - Photobucket

2011-12-13-081.jpg picture by ******thegamer - Photobucket

So tell me what to do. This will be my last Asus board. I will gladly settle for second-best (Gigabyte) if customer support is better.

Thank you.

This is self-explanatory I guess.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
What the heck. They sent you an RMA board back in that condition. They insane in the brain or what.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Those scumbags are. I even doubt that the "repairs" were carried out by machine.

If you look at the socket, one of the pins appars to have been abused. But you have to view it from an angle, it is not visible in the video.

chintan786

In the zone
After going through this thread I think Asus service is poorer then poorest. how to avoid such incidents. Can somebody share his/her experience regarding Nvidia, Gigabyte and MSI in India.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Tapan Sarkar did not reply to my email. Took his phone number from Keshav COmputers and called him up.

He was aggressive in his communication with me, trying to assert himself. I told him that I could not not personally go and submit mobo and take it back from Rashi, so I sent it through Keshav Computers.
Then he said that I should ask Keshav Computers how they could take the board without inspecting it. He asked me to instruct Keshav Computers to send Rashi an email saying that the mobo was received in damaged condition, and then see how they respond.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
He said, "why did you not go and personally submit and collect the board?"(almost exactly this). Then I told him I am busy preparing for my higher education stuff and cannot move about often. He was also shocked that the the person from the shop did not inspect the board before taking it back from Rashi. He told me that because of such incidents the company ends up suffering.

He then told me to tell Keshav Computers to e-mail Rashi that the board was damaged and to see their reply.

Sorcerer, do you know him mate?

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
No. If you ask me, I don't see how it matters much if you give to dealer or to Rashi, its eventually going to rashi. or atleast that "is" the idea. How far away is Rashi centre from that store anyways? Ideally, its best if you send it to service centre directly if you can. I know rashi can be an ass, but their passing the buck excuse will be limited.

Last edited:
Top Bottom