The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
@im2k except 1st spider shot I liked all others .

@amlan
EXIF from flickr -
Exposure 0.017 sec (1/60)
Aperture f/5.0
Focal Length 27 mm
ISO Speed 3200

here u have kept the shutter speed way too high...u could have reduced it to 1/30 and reduced ISO from 3200 to 1600...in these low light condition I generally use manual mode or shutter priority mode...

in this shot the tubelights are making blurry lights ...if you shot this handheld then you had no choice...but if u used a tripod u could have just decreased the shutter speed more and reduced the aperture to f14 f16 and maybe underexpose a bit ....this will give light rays effect from lights...
Also at some places the colors are blotchy ...that seems due to high ISO .

So basically high ISO is the problem...if somehow u could have shot it around ISO 800 it may look much better.

Anish

Spectre
@Gen.Libeb what place is that?

@sujoyp dude, you are doing a great job of reviewing other's works. Keep it up !

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@sujoy, as I said I seem to have become lazy in clicking stuff..... really need some new stuff. BTW, what is the status of the projects thread? or have we given that up?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anish I dont review much coz I am afraid to hurt some one ... I am more of a critique then a admirer :D

@amlan no amlan ur composition is absolutely perfect...and I told u at first that pic is looking creative with those tube lights and I couldnt really decide to like or dislike it.
but I think ISO 3200 have ruined the pic.

I almost lost track of project thread coz I was at home for holidays for last 8-10 days....just today I got back to job...will continue it..let me see :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@sujoy, thanks bhai, will try to get off my behind a bit :)) ... I finally tried out splash photography today

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7343/9530989566_734d78bd29_c.jpg
Splash! by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
@axelzdly1 Happy clicking :) I was planning to get something for yesterday but sadly my battery dried out and couldnt attempt anything :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
belated happy photographers day everyone, perfect timing since today is bound to be a holiday and you can spend it clicking around :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah u guys can club rakhi colors and photographic day shots togather ...no holiday for me too

Some shots of my Rakhie :)

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-WjahUhqZ48k/UhO8zuRA1RI/AAAAAAAAJSc/zXMPLDuQg9s/w1259-h709-no/DSC_9370.JPG

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-fQXhgr-ugpE/UhOrH073JVI/AAAAAAAAJSM/WSp9WpX1-yE/w1132-h709-no/DSC_9350.JPG

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Fr2iqvHMwA0/UhOrAsRT4dI/AAAAAAAAJSE/cAVTr0e27mA/w472-h709-no/DSC_9349.JPG

I should say the macro lens is very sharp ...I just love it

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Recently I made a trip to "Puri", few HDR shots from that trip...
*farm3.staticflickr.com/2840/9561952209_56d9513f23_z.jpg
Puri skies_HDR_6 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3693/9561936925_c4a5ff1753_z.jpg
Puri skies_HDR_5 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7345/9561918269_f8c42f9f7c_z.jpg
Puri skies_HDR_4 by rH1twick, on Flickr

Which one is better between 2 and 3?

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7437/9564692304_bd3bb73ce4_z.jpg
Puri skies_HDR_3 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7366/9564663758_37d73635c9_z.jpg
Puri skies_HDR_2 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5450/9564647134_71d6262416_z.jpg
Puri skies_HDR_1 by rH1twick, on Flickr

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well, someone here had advised me earlier that if a pic wasn't looking unreal, it was not a HDR. This time I followed that rule.

And, selected "Surreal" option in Photomatix for most photos here :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I use photomatix which in many sites is termed as best s/w.

And, almost all but one are done with a preset available in the tool.
Overdone?! Could be.

Any tips on good HDR? What should I keep in mind while taking HDR shots?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
*captainkimo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/crabby-joe-pier-port-orange-nighttime-hdr.jpg

^Thats a very nicely done HDR.

HDR is not about unrealistic looking photos, its about getting the details from both ends of the spectrum, often more than the human eye itself.

Your images are not bad per se, they are interesting - abstractish. But if you think of them as samples of HDR, then they are pretty overdone.

The rule #1 of HDR is that you make it look as real as possible while getting the maximum details from both the dark and bright part of the images using multiple exposures stacked on top of each other and then selectively choosing areas to form the final image. Thats what your aim should be imo. :)

Top Bottom