The Photography Thread

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@Tenida: Beautiful first pic. Very pleasant place you live in :)
Can you post a flickr link so I can get a better copyy to tinker around if you don't mind :)

@Sujoy: Dont need to congratulate you. Nice pics as always :D :p

I'll post mine too today.

sujoyp

Grand Master
thanks cyberkid ...yup i am proud of my tuffy :D

@nac thanks :)

@pranav ...in this same page I have posted poor pics too :D Thanks for liking

btw guys CPL was very useful to get nice clouds ....the gray clouds look white and sky looks bit better...water also looks bit cleaner ....I will post a comparision for you guys :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
very cool pics people.

@Sujoy, CPL (circular polarizing filter) I understand, but what is a macro filter, and is it worthwhile to invest in one? The bokeh in your pics is pretty good.

@tenida: amazing pics, you live in a really beautiful place. Where is this by the way, seems to remind me of the time I spent in the Hoogly region

As I said, I've been tinkering around with black and white for some time. Trying to get some moody shots. Here is the latest attempt

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2865/9443428415_e0149d6fcf_c.jpg
I walk a lonely road by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
The example of CPL

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/-PtgL1HTSgCM/Ugoj9pIDnfI/AAAAAAAAJRI/r7PPZH_HpXk/w425-h680-no/Desktop3.jpg

you can see the top one is with CPL and below without CPL . you can notice the reflection on water and the clouds. This shot I took for the sole purpose of comparision

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks Sujoy. The water looksjust like I expected although the sky looks the opposite (I expected a lighter shade of blue with the CPL, but now my old physics gyan kicks up and tells me that the images are right :D).
Here are the shots I said I'd post yesterday:-

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3710/9497508348_f2656d2155_z.jpg
IMG_4321e by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5507/9494709185_03822d0615_z.jpg
IMG_4400e by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5349/9497510074_8f5d900f45_z.jpg
IMG_4145w by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7378/9497510738_49c55d52b8_z.jpg
IMG_4149e by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2836/9497508312_1ea9f0e771_z.jpg
IMG_4338e by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7357/9497505328_9dcce352f2_z.jpg
IMG_4491e by pranav0091, on Flickr

Comments, suggestions, critique everything welcome. Yes, for the daylight shots I am aware that the high ISO has degraded the IQ, and the spider was not cooperating, neither the breeze, not the inability to use a tripod :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan ur composition is good in B&W pic...try using a tripod or a stand .

@pranav I liked ur 2nd 3rd and spider shot :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@pranav, the first bike shot is brilliant ....

@sujoy: got a little too cocky since I got a DSLR, I shoot everything handheld with the ISO set to ungodly values :)) will retake with a tripod

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks everyone :)

@sujoy: got a little too cocky since I got a DSLR, I shoot everything handheld with the ISO set to ungodly values :)) will retake with a tripod

Tell me about it. :D
I am seriously considering setting 800 as the max ISO on my camera. Went home last weekend shot outdoors, so couldnt review the images well and ISO noise had ruined pretty much all of the images :|

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@pranav - I like 1,2, & 6.
What are those white things in 2nd, I like the pic.
The bicycle ones looks like a nice idea but not that great results. The yellow flower pic is decent but does not really stand out.
The spider looks great.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@pranav - I like 1,2, & 6.
What are those white things in 2nd, I like the pic.
The bicycle ones looks like a nice idea but not that great results. The yellow flower pic is decent but does not really stand out.
The spider looks great.

I have no idea what they are called, they are just some kind of flowers on grass.
How do you think I can improve the bicycle pics (the trails are just pure luck :D) ?

Its funny how everybody likes the spider, and I personally think thats the worst shot of that lot :)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
^ Really well exposed pic considering the highlights I'd say.
Whats the camera ?

PS: It'd be nice if everyone would put the camera model in their signature, or use Flickr to post. I dont know about others, but I am pretty interested in the settings of most images :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^ Really well exposed pic considering the highlights I'd say.
Whats the camera ?

PS: It'd be nice if everyone would put the camera model in their signature, or use Flickr to post. I dont know about others, but I am pretty interested in the settings of most images :)

Thanks Canon powershot A530

sujoyp

Grand Master
@tenida the flower is overexposed on right side and properly exposed on left side...it only means that ur setting was correct and to get complete flower in proper exposure u had to turn the angle of flower a bit manually :)

randomuser111

Technomancer
Sorry for OT

Would appreciate your thoughts on the quality of this image

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Taken with Sony Xperia i1. 1/2.3" Exmor R 20.7 MP sensor, 28mm wide angle Sony G f2.0 Lens

The above image is 8 MP.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Sorry for OT

Would appreciate your thoughts on the quality of this image

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Taken with Sony Xperia i1. 1/2.3" Exmor R 20.7 MP sensor, 28mm wide angle Sony G f2.0 Lens

The above image is 8 MP.

Is it a supposed Honami Image?

Looks very good, neutral colors. But if its not a stock 20 mp image, I'll need to know how it was reduced to 8mp. On the PC? And secondly that image is a bad sample to judge the camera performance.

I guess you wanted a comparison/comment of that image wrt the Lumia 1020 ?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Is it a supposed Honami Image?

Looks very good, neutral colors. But if its not a stock 20 mp image, I'll need to know how it was reduced to 8mp. On the PC? And secondly that image is a bad sample to judge the camera performance.

I guess you wanted a comparison/comment of that image wrt the Lumia 1020 ?

Yes resized to 8mp on PC.

Original 20 MP here

*www.imgus.net/bilder/6a7f722126dbda9790af5df2e6fb4914.JPG

And yes it IS taken with Honami, not "supposed" :p

Top Bottom