The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
its actually taken with my nikon 55mm AIS Macro lens....since its AIS D3100 dont record any data for it....its full manual lens

its exif
M mode
Aperture-f5.6
SS - 1/80
focal length - 55mm
flash fired - yes, external using diffuser

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
@ CyberKid : No offence, but I think the pics from your previous Nokia phone seem better to me from memory. I'll just go back and see if thats indeed the case...
None taken.:mrgreen: Can't say about Huawei.:p One of their erstwhile flagship devices with BSI sensor with such a shitty performance. Thanks for that honest feedback, Pranav. I thought that too. That's the reason, I posted the pics here. I'm really disappointed with the cam performance, or maybe, I need to fiddle around with the settings a bit more. Can't even get a well exposed shot in broad daylight. Almost all of the closeup shots in broad daylight are overexposed, night shots are completely gone.:-( Will purchasing CameraPro be helpful? I had it on my Nokia and it seemed good, but not better than the stock options I got on Nokia. Seems it'll be great on this.

@cyberkid ...flowers r fine but y did u took the pic of that leaf...its looking soo normal

A visitor at my room today :D

Cute by sujoyp, on Flickr

Seems he recently had waxing done on his legs.:lol: BTW nice macro.

IMO, It's the normal things which tell us the importance of better things, and give us something to compare other things with. Actually I captured that leaf shot for the purpose of checking out the ability to capture details. These leaves have very fine hairy coverings on them, so this shot.

lm2k

Journeyman
@izzikio_rage - nice one,
@sujoy - beautiful macro, i can even see the details in its antennas.
@CyberKID -i liked the third one from the top . I like the angle and inclusion of leaves.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@abhidev @amlan u are right...that grasshopper looked funny to me....at some angle it looked like a alien or a cartoon smiling :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Amlan, "The Weekend Getaway" is good :thumb:

Lm2k, I like "Fort" HDR and "sunrise/set" HDR. I am really not a fan of overdone HDR. But still I like your second "fort" hdr.

Sujoy, "Valueless 5Rs coin" is good. But something is missing on both your and amlan's splash.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac what I find missing in our shots is a big aquarium glass box ...I am not actually fond of taking splash shots in such small glass .....what pro level shots have is no glass borders ...clear water and glass....some lightning from side and top :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sorry...
I don't understand what's the need for aquarium glass box for splash photography. Any link for details regarding this topic???

sujoyp

Grand Master
to give u shot like this

Shots taken by Professionals and put up for example only
*fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/309/b/7/highspeed_splash_photography_by_plams321-d5k2d7y.jpg
*tabathamcleodcatc.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/splash-photography-56.jpg

btw I have found another thing missing ....actually our flash is not high speed shutter compatible....and goes only till 1/200 which is very slow for these shots...I have searched a little and found that the cheapest HSS flash is Yongnuo YN-568EX costing around 170$ ...it can go to max speed of 1/8000 ...soo can capture these things better..example
*www.diyphotography.net/files/images/high_speed_photography_glass.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
in the second type the only thing that we are losing out on is the clarity of the shot due to our cameras/flash being slower.

The aquarium glass shots are pretty cool, will need to make friends with some fish owner now :))

ashs1

Padawan
love the pics !! gr8 work !!

P.S. : is it even remotely possible to get these splash effects on mobile's camera ?? :D :p :(

sujoyp

Grand Master
I was soo excited about high speed shooting HSS flash but then read that its only compatible with middle to high DSLR's ...will not work on my D3100

@ashs....splash effect is possible with mobile if u have some option to speed shutter speed...then at least u can attempt :) ....and try only under direct sunlight

ashs1

Padawan
i do have a burst mode app that apparently takes upto pics upto 30fps :p '
( *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hantor.CozyCamera )

I'll try to attempt the impossible tomorow :D
any pointers for first timers ?? any camera settings that i have to adjust before taking pics ? ( have xperia L :D )..

If i even get a decent splash image, i'll never say a word against sony xperia ever :D (*crossing my heart* ) :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ashs ok i can give some suggestions ...donno if it will help or not
1.Switch off any image stabilisation
2. do this experiment under sunlight....shoot sidewise
3. better tell somebody else to drop something in water
4. do that 1-2-3 and drop thing to syncronise between both of u guys
5. on count 3 click
6. try it for 20-30 times....
7. use burst mode if it helps...but start clicking right after 2nd count.

good luck :D

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks Sujoy/Amlan...

If you guys don't mind, can you please tell me the need for aquarium glass box... Google isn't helping me...

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
This is how it is used

*cdn.mos.photoradar.com/files/articles/techniques/february2011/photos-ideas-photographing-water-splashes-flash-setup.jpg

*www.photigy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Atlanta-photographer-advertisement-underwater-lighting-setup.png

or if you really want to freak yourself out

*www.diyphotography.net/files/images/5/5572881019_f41cd53021.jpg

These are all pro setups, I can't even begin to imagine setting up something like this at home

Top Bottom