The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
some questions here-
1.how to update iPhone without screwing it up?
2.I have vodafone network,EDGE is enabled but net not working.any help?

and yea i dont find iphone as good as Apple claims it to be.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Umm... Sunny1211993, you might want to ignore iMav's advice. He hasn't ever unlocked an iPhone or even used it properly. :)

Updating via iTunes will not brick your phone. Don't worry.

It will, however, re-lock it, so you'll have to unlock it yourself. The best way to do it is to use the iPhone Dev Team's PwnageTool. Just follow the clear instructions out here and you should be good to go: *www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="[PwnageTool]+FAQ+and+How+To+Guide"&btnG=Search

Let us know if you have any doubts. :)

Congratulations, by the way, on entering into the super elite iPhone club. 8)

----------------

In related news, I dropped my iPhone from the height of about four feet onto a thin layer of dirty water today and, thankfully, it escaped unscathed. The back got dirty but after wiping it off, it was as clean as new. I was listening to music and there wasn't even a slight pause or anything on impact. It looks fragile but I guess it's not. :D

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arya: there were quite a few reports that said that chances of bricking an iphone are there if updated via itunes and yeah arya edit ur post dude its illegal

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
there were quite a few reports that said that chances of bricking an iphone are there if updated via itunes

That was with the 1.1.1 --> 1.1.2 firmware.

------------

Ohh, btw, does anyone know how do I contact Dr. Punctuation ? I need to recommend him to someone.

dinesh72

Journeyman
After unlocking iphone, will it again be working only for the new sim card for which the process is done or i could put my other sims as normal?

goobimama

 Macboy
@sunny: do you have wifi setup? I hope you do. Cause Internet is really important for optimal iphone awesomeness. And EDGE just doesn't cut it.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm... just checked the profiles. Why is my age "N/A" when I'm young? :p So, do I've to edit the first post myself? :twisted:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You just be glad that I didn't put 62 in there. Either tell us the actual age or it's gonna be N/A.

And no, I deny you the right to edit it yourself. :p

----------------------

The iPhone, BTW, is awesome! When you have the headphones plugged in and a call comes in, the ringtone plays from the speakers as well as through the earphones. It's the most simple and best way to implement it and yet, no other company does (if I'm not wrong).

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
When you have the headphones plugged in and a call comes in, the ringtone plays from the speakers as well as through the earphones. It's the most simple and best way to implement it and yet, no other company does (if I'm not wrong).

Same thing happens in Nokia phones, ringtones play in both headphones and speaker. It doesn't, though, in Sony Ericsson phones.

Top Bottom