The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
Umm... Sunny1211993, you might want to ignore iMav's advice. He hasn't ever unlocked an iPhone or even used it properly. :)

Updating via iTunes will not brick your phone. Don't worry.

It will, however, re-lock it, so you'll have to unlock it yourself. The best way to do it is to use the iPhone Dev Team's PwnageTool. Just follow the clear instructions out here and you should be good to go: *www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="[PwnageTool]+FAQ+and+How+To+Guide"&btnG=Search

Let us know if you have any doubts. :)

Congratulations, by the way, on entering into the super elite iPhone club. 8)

----------------

In related news, I dropped my iPhone from the height of about four feet onto a thin layer of dirty water today and, thankfully, it escaped unscathed. The back got dirty but after wiping it off, it was as clean as new. I was listening to music and there wasn't even a slight pause or anything on impact. It looks fragile but I guess it's not. :D

Thanks Ayush:D
Pwnage tool(windows) is still in BETA stage and i don't wanna kill my iPhone in 2 days of purchase,so i better wait for 2 days till kalyway 10.5.2 downloads,LOL!!
Which is your mobile service provider??Mine is friggin Vodafone and EDGE is not working.This SUX.After a bit of research on the net i came to a conclusion that the method of unlocking may affect the working of GPRS/EDGE(this seems to be lame,but ............what do i do?)
Or ,is there any other easier way to unlock my iPhone through Vista x64?:confused:

@sunny: do you have wifi setup? I hope you do. Cause Internet is really important for optimal iphone awesomeness. And EDGE just doesn't cut it.
No WiFi at home :( but soon will be having(by june-july) coz we are shifting to our new hoem with WiFi connectivity.WooHoo!!

Please , if anybody can,please,help me with EDGE on my vodafone connection.EDGE is enabled and i also see a E sign at the top but safari says that i haven't subscribed to EDGE.WTF!!I have tried setting APN to www and portalnmms but neither seems to get EDGE working.This is SH1TTY!
Secondly............................HOW THE HELL DO I UPDATE THE FIRMWARE??
If i update my iphone and screw it up then my dad will throw me outta the house coz he has already warned to me not to update throug internet.
Currently my iPhone version is 1.1.3:D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Just so you know, version 1.1.4 only brought some minor security updates and there were absolutely no feature enhancements or additions. So, unless something isn't working for you, you currently have no reason to upgrade. :)

As for EDGE, you really have to call up Vodafone and ask for the APN, username (if applicable) and password (if applicable). There's no reason why it shouldn't work if the settings are correct.

Just so you know, version 1.1.4 only brought some minor security updates and there were absolutely no feature enhancements or additions. So, unless something isn't working for you, you currently have no reason to upgrade. :)

As for EDGE, you really have to call up Vodafone and ask for the APN, username (if applicable) and password (if applicable). There's no reason why it shouldn't work if the settings are correct.
NO ,i used the settigns given by vodafone,APN is portalnmms still it isnt working!
What the hell am i supposed to do?

WooHooo,im a devil!!
NET is working and speeds are good too!!
only one more prob is there,updating.what bout that?
@Ayush-what is your iphone's firmware version?

I WANT A MAC!!

^^
NO ,its www for iPhone.
I must say,iPhone is a coooooool gadget but can improve in many areas like camera,bluetooth,sound(without earphones) and AVAILABILITY IN INDIA.
I am waiting for this PC to get screwed up so that i could buy a 24" iMac.LOL!

BTW How to clean the iphone screen?I have removed the plastic cover from the screen coz it was bugging me.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
My gadgets, of course, always runs the latest and greatest software, so the Mac is at 10.5.2 and the iPhone at version 1.1.4. :)

I actually wanted to upgrade to the pre-release 2.0 beta but that's illegal so I did not.

To clean the screen, just wipe it on your jeans or something. I never really bother about it. You can only see the marks on it when it's turned off. Also, it's scratch-resistant and all, so there's no need to wipe it delicately. :)

My gadgets, of course, always runs the latest and greatest software, so the Mac is at 10.5.2 and the iPhone at version 1.1.4. :)

I actually wanted to upgrade to the pre-release 2.0 beta but that's illegal so I did not.

To clean the screen, just wipe it on your jeans or something. I never really bother about it. You can only see the marks on it when it's turned off. Also, it's scratch-resistant and all, so there's no need to wipe it delicately. :)
holla!!
u knnow how to unlock??
come on gtalk or yahoo please.
my id is......im PMing you.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I did it on a Mac though.

I'll surely help you out tomorrow. I've got to go to sleep right now. Sorry!

Tomorrow's the day. You have my word. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I can't seem to copy HD files (.mkv) to my WD HDD. It's showing this error:

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2331/2433533654_2a048893a3_o.png

Can anyone help?

Top Bottom