The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

yash

I draw every day
I have a peculiar problem with finder and some images here. When I try to open them in preview, they won't open. they will successfully work with lightroom and photoshop. finder crashes when i try to quicklook them or sometimes even when i am just browsing that folder. Please help!

yash

I draw every day
*img525.imageshack.us/img525/5315/picture1zs7.png while we're at it, this is another problem I'm facing. I'm logged into the only administrator account on this mac, and this is the message I get when I try to run adobe updater.

[Edit: drgrudge] Post thumbnails. We live in India, where dial up internet is a big thing for many people.

Last edited by a moderator:
jamesbond007 said:
@Sunny1211993

Take some time and use that Mac that your is gonna buy and I can guarantee you that you'll be stunned.
I don't advise anyone to go by the words of PC-wallas, they guys most of the time look for opportunities to loot PC nOObs. If you guys go mac than his business is definitely goanna Dhakke se chalegi!!
but the games i want to play wont run well on the config provided on macs.
7300GT!!not at all!!!
my dad's macbook would be enuf i think to have a feel of macs and mac os.
BTW im gonna assemble my pc on my own.:D:Dso no looting by pc-wallas.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
@yash: How about zipping a few of those images and hosting them on rapidshare or something so we could check em out? Also, might you be able to post jpeg files in future? PNGs are really heavy and take a toll on my dialup. Just open in Preview and File > Save as in case you didn't know.

@sunny: The Mac is not a gaming platform. If you are into gaming, then PC is the right choice...

Last edited:

gauravsuneja

macaddict
i there any way or any theme to get the orginal osx beta look i mean with the capsule aqua buttons on tiger the only theme chick was close was janther on www.resexcellence.com .what prgram other than shapeshiftewr u use for changing themes?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
For Windows XP:
*www.nirmaltv.com/2007/12/21/convert-your-windows-xp-to-mac-os-x-leopard/

Instead of posting here, you should have opened a new thread.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
what is the best sofware plz post only one for mac
from my side its shapeshifter site which i lov ethe most is www.xicons.com

drgrudge said:
^^
For Windows XP:
*www.nirmaltv.com/2007/12/21/convert-your-windows-xp-to-mac-os-x-leopard/

Instead of posting here, you should ave opened a new thread.
no i want aqua theme for mac osx only not for windows for windows the best them is smoothstripes 1.0 visual style

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
The world is moving away from Aqua and this guy wants in! Anyway, I think shapeshifter is your only option for getting aqua buttons (if there is such a theme). I don't use shapeshifter and such cause it screws up the OS. Also, if you 'upgrade' to leopard, then Shapeshifter's Appenhancer will cause the famous Mac BSOD.

@Dr[grudge]: He's a mac user as well.

yash

I draw every day
try this file *tangerine.quickshareit.com/share/20060812165741fffc2.JPG

no wait, that is one of the pictures I fixed... yeah I found out the reason for the crash and also how to solve it.
*tangerine.quickshareit.com/share/2006081219000049918.JPG this should be the one that goes boom! if you download it to your computer, and you have a downloads stack, the dock will crash becaust of the downloads stack trying to preview the image! and you will have to delete the file to be able to use the dock again.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ So what was the reason for the crash?

Anyway, I remember even Windows had this issue with certain image files. I put one on my friend's desktop. Poor guy didn't know what to do after the system kept restarting every time he logged in...

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Hey ppl.... how do i connect my Airtel broadband to a Macbook?
And i used to connect my Desktop [via ethernet] and windows based lappy [thru USB] on the same ADSL modem... is such a thing possible via Macbook as well?

goobimama

 Macboy
If airtel broadband is ADSL, and doesn't have a special dialer script like Sify or something, then yes. The preferred way would be to use the ethernet...

enticer86

Stay Silent!
^^it IS ADSL
but the mc book doesnt connect to ethernet
and can anyone pls giv a step by step kinda thing fr USB connection on mcbook?

enticer86

Stay Silent!
oye chal gaya.. thanks anywys man...

@ praka.. chacha ka office lappy hai.. am screwin it up :p

but i really lik this... sply the SLEEP MODE, where it actually snores

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
This occurs in photos managed by lightroom. Lightroom adds a line in the metadata of the file. *ns.adobe.com/camera-raw-saved-settings/1.0/ (this is not a hyperlink.) The crash is mainly because of the way finder and preview etc handle jpegs. Its not a lightroom problem. I've heard this problem also exists for images directly taken off of the new ricoh Digital camera

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I don't use Lightroom, thankfully. :)

enticer86 said:
Hey ppl.... how do i connect my Airtel broadband to a Macbook?
And i used to connect my Desktop [via ethernet] and windows based lappy [thru USB] on the same ADSL modem... is such a thing possible via Macbook as well?
Connect it through Ethernet and enter the username and password in the 'Network' pane of System Preferences under the PPPoE option. It should work like a charm. :)

Congrats on getting the opportunity to use a Mac! And it doesn't "snore". :p

goobimama

 Macboy
Woah! I just about woke up, and I saw this lovely box on my table. Next to that there's a bottle wrapped in gift wrap paper and next to that there's a huge card kept slanting.

"With love,
Apple Corner" and all the folks at the apple store have signed it.

The box happened to be an amazing cake (looks amazing at least). The bottle was white wine (Yeah, I'm a Goan. I'm a drunkard. I have no self-respect). And of course, the card had all good words in it.

I'm sure they don't do this to every customer of theirs, but it was really nice indeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom