The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
*www.apple.com/macosx/features/timemachine.html

It's an awesome 1-click backup solution. If you or your dad cares about backing up important documents, Time Machine is the way to go...

^^
i dont but my dad does.
itll be a gud solution for him.
do i need to buy timemechine anyways??
im going to get a macbook pro and pc on same day i.e. sunday.
mac is not made for me coz im a gamer.
my dad will liek it though.

goobimama said:
Time Machine comes with Leopard...

Might I ask, what kind of configuration is your PC going to be?
Intel Core2Quad Q6600@2.4Ghz,Abit IX38 Quad-GT MOBO,crosair 2*2GB DDR2 RAM@800mhz,XFX 8800 GT 512MB xxx edition SLI,crosair HX 720 SMPS/PSU,Seagate 500GB*2 @7200 RPM in raid0,dual lite on dvd-writers,liquid cooling(maybe).onboard sound.

goobimama

 Macboy
Yash,was it you who wanted this screenshot?
*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/2df1611ab9.jpg

@sunny: I forgot to mention. If you are getting an external drive, do try and get one with Firewire instead of USB.
- It's faster
- you get a Firewire cable for future purposes
- keeps the USB ports free for pen drives and such.

Firewire right??
thanks.People in this apple thread are very helpful.
in fact this whole forum is full of helpful people.

My Dad called a computer person in his office to verify if he could run XP on his macbook or not.
the guy said that 'dhakke se chalegi' which means it'll not run well.
i told my dad that it'll run well on bootcamp.
Just to verify im asking if XP would run well or not?
my dad uses tally a lot.i asked him today.so he needs XP.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Dhakke se chalegi? What's he talking about! This is the exact problem with why Macs don't penetrate beyond certain circles. It's cause good for nothing PC-wallas go ahead and spread such shmuck about the Mac.

When I was first going to buy my iBook, my PC guy was like "hey, the stuff isn't compatible. Even a Photoshop document you have to convert before you can open it on the mac" and such things. But finally I went to the store, they allowed me to get my files on a flash drive and work on one of the iMac G5's for like an hour. Everything worked perfectly.

Now, as for your XP on bootcamp, it runs more than perfectly. Thing is, even if you get a normal PC, you have to hunt around the place for drivers and such. But with Bootcamp on a Mac, since everything is factory installed, there are absolutely no driver conflicts, you don't have to hunt around for stuff. The installation I guarantee is simpler than installing on a normal PC...

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Sunny1211993 said:
Firewire right??
Yes, and specifically FireWire 800. Don't buy one that only has FireWire 400.

Sunny1211993 said:
My Dad called a computer person in his office to verify if he could run XP on his macbook or not.
the guy said that 'dhakke se chalegi' which means it'll not run well.
i told my dad that it'll run well on bootcamp.
Just to verify im asking if XP would run well or not?
That "computer person" knows nothing about Macs. He is just as good as you are. In fact, you probably know more than he does. :)

Windows XP runs better on a Mac than it does on a PC. PC World recently declared that "the fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year--or for that matter, ever--is a Mac". Show that link to your father. :D

@ayush-my dad is busy right now.ill show him later.no probs,we r getting a new mac on sunday anyways.
@goobi-y do u hate pc's that much??dont u play games.i am buying that whole rig just to play games coz m a hardcore gamer.nothing else.
BTW-after seeing all pics,screenies,reading goobi's and ayush's posts i think macbook is worth buying.
i hope my dad doesnt regret this purchse.

goobimama

 Macboy
Cause I have to manage like 10 PCs in the office + 1 at home. And I tell you, it's a real painful thing to do. I have a 7900GT graphics card + 24" dell at home, nice for gaming, but I've never actually played anything on it yet.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hullo! Didn't you see my user title?!?! You might not see it on your browser, but that "?" before Macboy is an apple logo... :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Sunny1211993

Take some time and use that Mac that your is gonna buy and I can guarantee you that you'll be stunned.
I don't advise anyone to go by the words of PC-wallas, they guys most of the time look for opportunities to loot PC nOObs. If you guys go mac than his business is definitely goanna Dhakke se chalegi!!

goobimama

 Macboy
10.5.2 fixes Stacks!
*www.macenstein.com/images/2008/stackslistview1.jpg
It seems that our daily e-mails to Apple just might have gotten to someone on the Leopard development team! According to a source familiar with the latest Leopard build seeded to developers, in addition to all those meaningless “little” fixes (like Data Detectors, the Mac OS X Dock, the Finder, grammar checking, iCal, iChat, Mail, Parental Controls, Quick Look, Rosetta, Safari, Time Machine, and AirPort), our source tells us that Apple has fixed Stacks by adding the missing “list view” option that should have been there all along!

*www.macenstein.com/images/2008/stackslistview3.jpg

But that’s not all.

According to the source, “you can display it as a stack or an icon so you know what you’re looking at. The animations seem smoother now, too. Grid view looks bit better as well.”
Via Macenstein

goobimama

 Macboy
*reinventedsoftware.com/together/images/title_ss.png*reinventedsoftware.com/together/images/Together128.png

Together lets you keep everything in one place. Text, documents, images, movies, sounds, web pages and bookmarks can all be dragged to Together for safe keeping, tagged, previewed, collected together in different ways and found again instantly.

*reinventedsoftware.com/together/images/import.png

Powerful Organizing
*reinventedsoftware.com/together/images/organize.png
Together has unparalleled features for organizing your items. Items can be tagged, color-coded with labels, stored in folders and collected together in groups, which work like iTunes playlists. Together also has smart groups that can do all the work of staying organized for you.

Together's tag browser goes beyond mere management with system tags, automatically created from the labels, ratings and groups in your library, providing an alternate view of your library.

Get your Together Trial
I have just about started using it, but it seems to be a really nice application. Much better than that PDF one I mentioned... ("Yep" was it?).

Leopard only

Last edited:
Top Bottom