The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
-----

Hey, did anyone notice the crazy whizzaz animation that comes up in the iChat user picture thing? Click on the iChat user picture, select 'edit picture', and in that box, click on the button next to the "camera". Also, you can apply any Photobooth effect after the snapshot has been taken(iChat on Leopard btw)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I noticed. Happens all over the system wherever you're supposed to select a picture. :)

Why'd they be so generous? Is today the day you married them? Don't tell me I forgot another great milestone in your life. :p

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
The day I purchased my iPod from Imagine, I'd told them to inform me when the metal casings come in. They'd taken down my address.
3 days later, they sent me a Thank You and Welcome to the family card.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hmm. I hear apple stores across India are to be called "Imagine". Even the Goa one has changed to 'Imagine'.

@aayush: Christmas? Though I'm sure you were being sarcastic or something. But you never know these days...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Nope. Not all of them are run by RSG Infotech. They only have one in Mumbai and another one in New Delhi. The latter is not even called Imagine.

Apple Authorised Premium Resellers in India are called Imagine stores.

If the Goa store has been renamed to Imagine, it means they've turned from an Apple Authorised Reseller to an Apple Authorised Premium Reseller. This means that they cannot sell products that compete with Apple's now and if they suffer losses, they are borne by Apple. Apple has authority over how the store is run now.

Hope that clarifies the confusion, if there was any. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh yes! No wonder they have starting wearing the Leopard T-shirts (black with the Leopard DVD like artwork in the center)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
WOW! Open any animated GIF image in Preview (in Leopard) and it actually shows all the frames individually in the sidebar. Seriously cool! :D

You can use this one if you want:
*fc01.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2006/162/7/6/Stick_Figures_Are_Dumb_by_chibixestella.gif

It does not play the animation though, which is really sad. You have to open it in Safari to see the animation itself. :(

OK, check out this video:

Tech Bubble Video - Funny!

Whatever you do, don't miss this one. Grab it via TubeSock and show it to everyone who knows the word "Internet". One of the funniest videos on YouTube. :D :lol:

Actually, it deserves a topic all its own.

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
aryayush said:
Congrats on getting the opportunity to use a Mac! And it doesn't "snore". :p

Thanks buddy... m startin to like Apple finally...
it doesnt snore but man am talking abt that White LED that kinda blinks while in the Sleep mode

goobimama

 Macboy
In my room, my iMac 'breathes', the Wacom tablet 'breathes', and the WD hard drives 'breathes'. It becomes like a smalltime disco once the lights are out!

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Hmmmm... let me see.
In my room,I have the D-Link modem, Linksys router, TataSky box, Zebronics Antibiotic cabinet, my Mini _and_ my external casing.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I'm finally on 10.5 (10.5.1 download update is going on)! :cool: The Introduction is cool! Better than Tiger's welcome.

A big thanks to goobi who helped me yesterday to set things up. Because of him only, there is less nOObish questions here. :p The boy remembers by heart. Even in dream or drunk, he can recite them!

goobimama

 Macboy
Congrats man! Did you have any more hiccups along the way? Anyway, fire away any doubts you might have. The macboys out here will take care of them..!

[I see people can't just let a post go by without mentioning something about the drunk goan...:?]

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
So the Doc is on Leopard now :)

( psst goobi, its the holiday season. Send some along this way, will ya ? Been a long time I've laid my hands on some )

Last edited:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
goobimama said:
In my room, my iMac 'breathes', the Wacom tablet 'breathes', and the WD hard drives 'breathes'. It becomes like a smalltime disco once the lights are out!

I'm soooooooooooooo very jealous of u. I really wanna get a nice job soon... so i can afford this scene :)
As of now, am Googling "how to create partitions in windows", how NOT to screw that process, and how to slipstream windows service packs and misc related issues. :-( [bah!]

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Congrats to Dr for being on Mac!!!
Bad new from me is I am screwed for the third time with Leopard and FedEx!!!
I guess I ll be the last guy who will be taming Leopard!!!
Good Luck to Me

Top Bottom