The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
DARK LORD said:
He already was on a Mac. He just moved from stripes to spots.

Oops !!! Mac should be replaced with Leopard!!!
sometimes I write in Excitement so I screw things up !!
Congrats Dr for being on Leopard, that was what I meant

goobimama

 Macboy
I guess FedEx has been taken to the next level! I dont' think FedEx even knows that they have an online delivery system :D

Via TUAW
Kent Sutherland, the developer of the well-known Chax, a utility for making iChat easier to use, has a nice new utility for improving Leopard's Spaces virtual desktops as well. Warp is a preference pane allows you to switch between Spaces just by hovering the mouse cursor on the screen edge. You can set the switch delay as well as require a modifier key if you prefer. In some ways this is such a natural addition that it's disappointing that it wasn't built into Spaces from the beginning.

Funny thing is, I could have sworn that this happened to me without even installing that preference pane. And I did like it (though a bit annoying while selecting a tool in photoshop or something...

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
This stinks. uTorrent is not running properly. :( In fact, not at all running. :(

First time around, couldn't open. Nor could I install it (Aayush email method). Tried Wine. $ucked there as well. So uninstalled and reinstalled. This time, it's opening but I'm not able to work properly.

Crashed when I tried to change the download location. Started to work in the default location but couldnt continue.. torrent stopped.

Any idea how to rectify this?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Damn! I completely hate this. I have to schedule my posts on MacUser so that they get published at around 11:00 PM every night. I got wind of this Warp thingy before TUAW published it but because of the scheduling issue, it is sitting there waiting to get published and TUAW gets there first. :mad:

goobimama

 Macboy
TUAW gets there first
Copy cat! :)

You've been using uTorrent all along? Anyway, I'm no crossover expert for the mac. I guess aayush should take charge. Also, make sure you are running a leopard compatible version of crossover (if there is such a thing).

Did you register for a TypeKey account?
Nope. What's that?

drgrudge

goobimama said:
You've been using uTorrent all along? Anyway, I'm no crossover expert for the mac. I guess aayush should take charge. Also, make sure you are running a leopard compatible version of crossover (if there is such a thing).
I checked for updates, but I'm using the latest one. :(

I don't ming using Azureus (or even Transmission) but I can't remove the tracker URL AND make the torrent work. :(

Any Azureus gurus who can help me? I know how to remove the tracker, but it's not working like uTorrent does. :(

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Nope. What's that?
It allows you to have a unified identity on the Internet whenever you post on a Movable Type powered weblog. MacUser is also powered by MT. So if you had an account at TypeKey, I could have approved you.

I'd approved you but I was told that I wasn't supposed to unless it was a TypeKey account because anyone can post under the guise of "Goobimama".

So I tried to make you a TypeKey account but it turns out that the username is already taken! Can you believe that! That's a first for me. I didn't try logging in though. Can you do the honors?

In any case, get yourself a TypeKey account. :)

@Everyone else,
I'm very sorry for the off-topic post. Let the discussion continue... :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Anyone knows where exactly is the Apple Store in Mumbai? If its close by I might give it a visit. Do they allow you to look around without buying anything?

goobimama

 Macboy
Laughing out loud! They can't force you to buy anything mate! Anyway, at least the Goa apple store was really pleasant when I didn't buy even a single thing.... made at least five visits before I decided to go for the iBook.

@Dr: Not really getting what you're saying. You want to resume previous downloads is it?

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Depends where you are in Mumbai. There is one in town @ Atria Mall and one in the suburbs @ Inorbit Mall.
There are others too, but these 2 are my friends.

You can spends hours together using the Mac, they won't tell you to leave untill its closing time :)

Oh well. Here's a link to find the addresses of ALL of them.

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
I would not advise Croma.
1) It is always abuzz with people who come there just to browse.
2) Not all the sales guys are knowledgeable.

Ohh, and they don't house Macs.

drgrudge

goobimama said:
@Dr: Not really getting what you're saying. You want to resume previous downloads is it?
I know many wouldn't understood what I meant. uTorrent with crossover is NOT working.

I think I found a way in Azureus itself. Atleast the torrent I'm running is working fine. Gotta see if see other work.

If it didn't, there's no choice. :( Crossover (for uTorrent) is very buggy. It worked in Tiger but not in Leopard. I guess I'll have to content with Azureus now. :|

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I have issues with it in Tiger too, not saying that it doesn't work but I have to re-install it many times!!!

@pathiks
7000+ posts !!! man are you insane ?? How do you guys manage ??

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
drgrudge said:
I know many wouldn't understood what I meant. uTorrent with crossover is NOT working.

I think I found a way in Azureus itself. Atleast the torrent I'm running is working fine. Gotta see if see other work.

If it didn't, there's no choice. :( Crossover (for uTorrent) is very buggy. It worked in Tiger but not in Leopard. I guess I'll have to content with Azureus now. :|
Come online on iChat some time and let us have a screen sharing session. I'm pretty sure I can get µTorrent working with CrossOver on Leopard for you. It is working without any hiccup at all on my machine. :)

Saft finally moves from stripes to spots

Saft is a plugin for Safari that puts it on steroids. From advertisement blocking to full screen mode and Growl support to URL shortcuts and tab thumbnails, it has everything covered. For a full list of features, visit the developer, Hao Li’s website. Till today, the InputManager plugin only worked with Safari 2 on Tiger but with today’s update, it has announced its arrival on Leopard and full compatibility with Safari 3.

Saft was the only reason I used Safari in the days of Safari 2 but ever since Apple has released Safari 3, I’ve never really missed the $12 plugin that once used to be the entire reason I used Safari. With draggable tabs and efficient find-in-page features, Safari has finally come on its own and does not need plugins like Saft to make it useful. But then again, the developer is offering a free trail so I just might give it a try.

[Via MacUser]

Thank you very much, DARK LORD, for the post that inspired the great title! :)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
seems like fake steve knows the potential of FOSS,increasing Linux growth and he is bashing eweek reporter Steven J Voghan Nichols for "copying" :rolleyes: also on Eric S.Raymond(ESR) pathetic! :x seems like it ends up promoting (fake)el jobso to some outer space if he is calling foss users as "tards" then i haf to call him "applepaidblogger ba#tard"
*fakesteve.blogspot.com/search?q=steven

Top Bottom