The Official Left 4 Dead/ Left 4 Dead 2 Multiplayer PARTAAYY!!

quan chi

mortal kombat
NOTICE
All the thinkdigit members interested to play l4d multiplayer.please form your team if possible atleast 5 members will do.i think today we can test in groups.

and please make it before 9.00 tonight.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
So playing on Hard mode is not so bad after all. We got our butts whooped nearly 50 times now stuck on the same level since past 3 days. I have developed a new level of hatred towards the TANK. But today I say, we slay his sorry ass!

Davidboon

In the zone
Hamachi Configuration

Assuming everyone knows how to use Google, download Hamachi. Now here's the tricky part, people who form the group of 4, need to co-ordinate properly for this set up. I would suggest you all meet on Yahoo, discuss it and launch Hamachi together. Why? I'll let you know.

For this game, Valve relies on the same "first 2 IP octet" rule. Translation: Your Hamachi IP's first 2 octet should be same for all 4 people to be able to connect. When I say first 2 octet, I mean if 192.161.59.32 is you Hamachi IP address, then it's first 2 octet would be "192.161". In order to match these octets one must fresh install and launch Hamachi together. It will then allow you to create a Hamachi ID and thus grant you IP addresses accordingly. If you do it together, you should get the same first 2 octets.

NOTE: For People who already have Hamachi installed and have an IP assigned, use this trick to get a new IP:
- Close Hamachi (if open in system tray)
- In Windows XP: Go to C:\Documents and Settings\*USER*\Application Data and Delete the Hamachi folder in there.
- Launch Hamachi app simultaneously with others and follow tutorial in it to create new IP (just keep clicking next).

If all goes well then you all should have the same octet. It should look like this:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/51241_n5gad/Hamachi%20octet.JPG

- Once you're done with the octet part, now one person needs to host the server and the others would join him. Once you guys are logged into your Hamachi clients, the host would need to create a new network by click on the triangle shaped icon right next to the power button and click on "Create a Network". Then pass on the network name and password to the rest of the folks. The clients would join that network by click on the same triangle like icon and hitting "Join network" and entering the server's details.

- Once you all are logged into the server, it should reflect the name of the people in the list of the network (as in the above pic).

Or you can assign the ip to the players like this

1. Run Hamachi. Click the last button and choose Preferences. Then click Window and check the Show “Advanced…” peer menu item checkbox and click OK.
2. Now for every new player who joins your networks you have to do the following steps:
A. Right click the player’s entry in Hamachi
B. Click Advanced…
C. In the Peer VPN alias box enter the first three parts of your Hamachi IP address (example: 5.46.80) and add the last part of the player’s IP address (example: .191) so that it makes a new IP address.
D. Click OK. (UPDATE: No need to restart Hamachi. Tested.)
3. Launch the game. Click Create New Multiplayer Game option and start the game. Other players can connect to you as long as you have set an alias for each of them.
Note:
You have to set an alias and restart Hamachi every time for every new player who joins the network for the first time. Power on and off is sometimes not enough.

used to do this when i used to play CS with my friends . check it out and see if it works .

quan chi

mortal kombat
you will never understand it then.though i am telling you to like it as everyone has different tastes.the music of this game is awesome.even e3 opens(intro) by playing its music.anyways i liked it.as it has some gta elements in it too.:-D

not only that the music changes beautifully according to the situation of the game.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Not tonight guys. I have the next 3 days off. So anytime in the next 3 days. Tonight is party night people. Go on & have fun, rather than busting zombie butt. We shall slay zombies in a fresh new year. :-D

Top Bottom