The official IPL Thread

Official IPL Poll: Whom Are You Supporting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Re: ::The official IPL Thread::

Amazing match!

Didn't I say Kolkata has the best team around? Even Chennai and Hyderabad have a good team. Can't wait for our 'away' match against Punjab tomorrow.
I remember you said this once in this thread only...... :rolleyes:
In terms of Team strength:
Chennai>Hyderabad>Kolkata>Delhi>Chandigarh>Mumbai>Bangalore>Jaipur (Chennai, Hyderabad and Kolkata seem to have nice and strong combination).

karnivore

in your face..

^^^shotti tai..dravid aar jaffer ke open korte dekhe ami pray korchilam jeno ora out na hoy.. :D

out na hole opponentr jetar chance beshi...mccullum to bolte hobe ekebare ekta fatafati recruit..oke w/k kore arekta batsman khelano jete pare...PONTING+DADA+BUCHANAN=lethal trio..
shudhu ja chris gayle thakle bhalo hoto..kintu beta injured..

ore....tor mukhe phul chondon, tor mukhe misti doi.

Thik bolechish McCullumer bapare.......ektu jodi form dhore rakhte pare.....bakider pindi chotke khabe. Isssh jodi Akhtar thakto.......shala shob kotar chal chariey bit nun are golmorich diye kacha khetam re.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

arre KNIGHT RIDERS er mukhe phool chondon...next match against laxman..4tw foreigner..allowed..rp sing chara ekta bhalo pacer nei..nuwan zoysa aar vaas aache..expected ekjon khelbe...gilchrist khelbe,shahid and symonds...e chara laxman aache..bowling attack to besh inexpereienced bole mone hochche..kolktat pitch e ektu swing and bounce thaklei ekebare kella fote amader

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

I remember you said this once in this thread only...... :rolleyes:
Ohh yes. Kolkata has the best team. I did acknowledge that even before the match. Maybe I should have added "one of the best" to it. :p

My bet for the semis: Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad & Delhi.

IMO Bombay seems to have the best team..
Fairly speaking Mumbai team might not even reach the semis. They didn't have the money to 'buy' players as they got Harbajan & Sanath for a premium. They don't even have a Wicket Keeper. Chennai has 2 (Dhoni and Partiv Patel) and Kolkata has 3 (McCullum, Taibu and the new guy who rocked)!

Speaking of Wicket Keepers.. it would interesting to see what Rajasthan would do in the absence of Kamran Akmal.

prasad_den

Padawan

@amd and karnivore: Please keep your discussions in English.. Let us also understand what you are discussing.. Its a request... :) No offence meant..!

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^^lol..no offence taken..my bad.. :D

as i was saying..we were actually discussing the knight riders' chances against the deccan chargers tomorrow..as a matter of fact.the hyderabad team may look pretty awesum..but keep in mind that only 4 foreigners are to be player from the numerous they have.they have rp singh,zoysa and vaas in the ranks..expected they play zoysa..so they have to leave out wither styris or gibbs..coz gilly is the w/k..symonds is too big a man to be kept out..so choice between afridi and styris and gibbs...and theres laxam..a formidable batting line up..but they lack in the bowling deptartment on paper...our team tho has IMO a great balance...if mccullum and keep and we get one more batter in...prospects seem high..in t20 tho u need only a couple of batsmen to click...

Last edited:

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)

Yesterday's match was just awesome ... Now i hope to see more fireworks from Sehwag rather than McCullum :D

I bet on Delhi Daredevils v/s Kolkatta Knight Riders for the Final ! :)

confused

Evolving Rapidly...

Who is Dr. Mallya?
When he earned his Ph.D. degree and on what topic? Liquor?

You never call Big B as Dr. Amitabh Bachchan .Why?
no he earned PhD in "art of buying mediocre sports teams" !!!

first force india now bengaluru royal whatever.........:D

I bet on Delhi Daredevils v/s Kolkatta Knight Riders for the Final ! :)
arey we have seen only 2 teams perform till now, how can you jump to such a conclusion???:confused:

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...

Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab
is same as
MS Dhoni vs Yuvraj Singh

winner takes deepika!!! :D

Dipen01

Youngling

Fairly speaking Mumbai team might not even reach the semis. They didn't have the money to 'buy' players as they got Harbajan & Sanath for a premium. They don't even have a Wicket Keeper. Chennai has 2 (Dhoni and Partiv Patel) and Kolkata has 3 (McCullum, Taibu and the new guy who rocked)!

Speaking of Wicket Keepers.. it would interesting to see what Rajasthan would do in the absence of Kamran Akmal.

Frankly i havent checked over all team ..i just know the star players..

and Combo of Sachin/Jayasuriya/Pollock/Bhajan made me think its the best team.. Although it seems too sketchy at the moment as most of the players might not be available all the time.. Gayle is missing, Akhtar is missing..

Btw one doubt -> Is there gonna be only 1 IPL tournament per year ? as in 44 days of cricket and so much hype ?

Btw what are these guys paid ? The bidding amount goes to BCCI i guess.. and these guys are paid per match !! ?

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan

Now lets see how King's XI responds..!! Hope they put up a good fight..!

@Dipen: Ya.. Only 1 IPL per year...!

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

yea..hopefully they dont skittle pout for less than 82.. :D

mike hussey was not considered in the initial list of auction...came back real strong...

neelu09

Broken In

Good match today........better than the inaugural match
punjab was in the game till 13th over than they slowed down....atleast they didn't give up like bangalore.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

yea...a good un..but kings XI dont have big hitters like the other teams do..this pitch tho was abelter..nothing for the bowlers..the inaugural match was played on a juicy pitch..atleast there should be something for the bowlers..else it becomes a happy-go-lucky series... hopes and yuvi were the only prospects

jamifahad

Broken In

whoa...amazing match kings XI vs super kings..enjoyed every bit man..n wat...no sooner the match is over...delhi daredevil vs rajasthan royal started. man they gonna put cricket down our throat!! n i have an issue with commentator..wat was amir sohail asking mathew hayden? totally unpro. nyway next match starts now...Bring it ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom