The official IPL Thread

Official IPL Poll: Whom Are You Supporting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Re: ::The official IPL Thread::

Amazing match. Super Kings have a good side and I knew they would win today. SET MAX is 'wasted' time on the Delhi match. They should have shown the presentation ceremony of the Super Kings match.

I'm going to act as a soothsayer. Rajasthan Royals are going to be royally thrashed. :D

prasad_den

Padawan

whoa...amazing match kings XI vs super kings..enjoyed every bit man..n wat...no sooner the match is over...delhi daredevil vs rajasthan royal started. man they gonna put cricket down our throat!! n i have an issue with commentator..wat was amir sohail asking mathew hayden? totally unpro. nyway next match starts now...Bring it ON!
I probably missed that part..? What did Sohail ask anyway..?

jamifahad

Broken In

well he sorta asked hayden wats the area in which ur team will b looking to improve...so he answer him watever he felt he would like improved..so next sohail ask him wat about the bowling section...and hayden answer (..in a way..din i say wat i wanna like improved..stop repeating question..)...oh ya that too. it appeared dey were novice commentators!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

They wasted time showing unnecessary stuffs of the Delhi match. Almost 10-15 mins gone to the drain when they could've showed the Chennai match ceremony.

karnivore

in your face..

Chennai is going to give us (KKR) a bit of a headache.

But Mohali did put up a brave fight.....considering the fact that they were fighting for a lost cause........it was impressive.

Last edited:

gaurav_indian

CG Artist

Rajasthan Royals didnt have their full squad.
Kamran Akmal,Sohail Tanveer,Younus Khan,Graeme Smith,
Dimitri Mascarenhas,Morne Morkel were missing:)

Look at this news.This T20 is going to be so big.
Stanford to pump in $100m for five T20 games
London: England are set to be offered $100 million (£50 million) to play five Twenty20 matches against a West Indies all-star side, according to reports here on Saturday.

The England and Wales Cricket board (ECB) this week revealed they were "very likely" to accept around £10 million ($20 million) for a one-off match in the Caribbean that would be the richest single game in the sport's history.

The idea is the brainchild of Sir Allen Stanford, the billionaire banker from Texas, who finances the Stanford 20/20 Tournament in the West Indies, and who wants to expand the concept.

Stanford wants England to play five Twenty20 games against his West Indies all-star side, the first to coincide with Independence Day in Antigua on November 1.

And he held talks with ECB chief executive David Collier on Tuesday. "I talked to David about the first game and then how we could collaborate in the future," Stanford told The Times.

"I said that it could be an annual event, maybe we could come to Lord's in 2009 and then alternate. I would be happy to make a five-year commitment."

Asked if that meant a total input of US dollars 100 million, he said: "I would be willing to do it. The money is real and I think we will get a game. David is a great guy and we seem to be on the same page."

*www.cricketnext.com/news/stanford-to-pump-in-100m-for-five-t20-games/31067-13.html

Thats 20 million US dollars (80 crore RS) for one T20 game. :shock: This will be the richest game ever played. :shock:

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...

Btw what are these guys paid ? The bidding amount goes to BCCI i guess.. and these guys are paid per match !! ?
even i had the same doubt, a few months back. as it turns out, bidding amount is what "players actually get per year". and each contract is for min three years ..........

symonds and dhoni have made the most ...........:)

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

Just got back home......I was there at Feroz Shah Kotla.......:D :D :D :D

I wanted to see some big Six hitting and I didn't enjoy much.....:(

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

How was the atmosphere there?And lighting was good there?It was looking dark.
It was fine for me but I didn't enjoy the match......An easy match I must say

Were you also there at Kotla???

I didn't like the way a few people reacted when Kaif got out........

gaurav_indian

CG Artist

No.I was watching at home.Watched both the matches.Hussey played a brilliant inning today.:)

I didn't like the way a few people reacted when Kaif got out........

lol this is what this IPL is all about.People supporting their own cities.And i
dont find anything wrong in that.

Last edited:

raina_rocks

the man who sold d world

well guys wudnt it be btr if they change d ipl format...... d days during which matches r played..... continuous 44 days is tiring..... shudnt they make it like epl..... that way it will b more interesting..... n no semis n finals.....

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl

^^^BCCI is looking for money, not your suggestion;)
Set Max wale :MAD:
even if someone got out, they didn't giving a chance to replay the out, that time they showing AD :(

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Ahhhh todays the DAy...KOLKATA KNIGHT RIDERS VS HYDERABAD DECCAN CHARGERS!!

What a match..kkr has some real catching to do today..

abhi.eternal

In search of light...

i hope KKR will rape (no pun) Hyderabad too... For 2nd match I think it will be Mumbai riding (again no pun) B'lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom